Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Maybe you haven't been paying attention but you might wanna hold your horses there, Deano.
Not sure that is accurate. I only read that he said he wants to play there next season, but not a permanent move. Unless it is Sky sources, which i dont think it is going by their tweet, i assume they are guessing based on his quotes. I think it depends on De Gea and his replacement. If we go for Oblak or De Gea signs, he will want to move permanently i assume. If De Gea is not looking likely to sign and we dont target a top keeper, i dont think he will want a permanent move. Depends on what we plan there.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Maybe you haven't been paying attention but you might wanna hold your horses there, Deano.
His agent probably being clever, strike while the irons hot (De Gea asking for insane money while playing like Taibi).

Force the club to make a difficult decision.

Scholsey2004

His agent probably being clever, strike while the irons hot (De Gea asking for insane money while playing like Taibi).

Force the club to make a difficult decision.
It's wrong. They've misquoted him from an interview where he said long term he wants to be man United number 1 but that he wants to play in the prem with sheff utd next season.

Scholsey2004

120m on a goalkeeper would be incredibly stupid. You could get a decent keeper for a quarter of that. I'm tempted to rule it out as being pure speculation but with Ed in charge who knows? Exactly the kind of decision that comes about from having people in charge of the purse strings with low market familiarity and exactly the kind of decision we'd avoid with a good director of football.

SAFMUTD

The Oblak rumors are pure shit IMO, if De Gea leaves we should give Romero a chance. He has done well the times he's played, that way we won't spend in that position and we can focus on the critial ones (CB, RB, CDM, CM, RW, LW)

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
120m on a goalkeeper would be incredibly stupid. You could get a decent keeper for a quarter of that. I'm tempted to rule it out as being pure speculation but with Ed in charge who knows? Exactly the kind of decision that comes about from having people in charge of the purse strings with low market familiarity and exactly the kind of decision we'd avoid with a good director of football.
Even more stupid as we've got three - either keep De Gea and sell Henderson or vice versa. Use the De Gea money (if sold) for a new player.

We just need Ed.... Edwin VDS that is.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
And exactly the kind of decision that has not been taken yet, nor has any precedence under Ed Woodward, perhaps except him refusing to spend £75m+ on Maguire or Alderweireld. Or £50m on Perisic for that matter. Don’t allow the caf to sweep you along in stupidity. You describing it as some sort of typical United deal is fanciful.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Even more stupid as we've got three - either keep De Gea and sell Henderson or vice versa. Use the De Gea money (if sold) for a new player.

We just need Ed.... Edwin VDS that is.
Beyond the fact that his football team pass the ball better than ours, do you know anything at all about his job?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Heaven knows why I’m still awake doing this shit, I need to take a short break from the caf!

RedDevilRoshi

Well apparently Costa is on his way out, Griezmann is flirting with Barca again, Rodri supposedly wants to leave, Lucas Hernandez is gone, their defense is ageing, so I can see why he's concerned
Point, I’m making is it ain’t exactly all rosey over here, in fact probably worse than Atlético’s. Looking inevitable that we are going to miss out on CL unless Chelsea & Arsenal massively f*** up which looks unlikely given that we ain’t firing on all cylinders ourselves. Pogba looks like he wants to go to Real Madrid, Herrera looks PSG bound and many more look like they want out/not keen on committing their long term futures here. Yet garbage like Jones has been given a 4 year contract and Young a year extension.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Beyond the fact that his football team pass the ball better than ours, do you know anything at all about his job?
Not much .... asked to come to Ajax by Cruyff, Marketing Director then CEO (3 yrs?), involved with various football bodies on behalf of Ajax and has been involved in transfers. Would like to think Director Of Football at United is not exactly a step down from CEO of Ajax (given size of our club/the challenge), leave Ed.1 to focus on the business side of the club (sponsorship, lenders meetings, etc).

Guess some would say if just after someone linked to Ajaxs success then go Overmars but I like the history VDS has with United.

I'm not sure what Ajaxs style of play has to do with VDS (more to do with Ten Hag I'd have thought) but guessing you know more than me (not hard tbh) about his role and presumably something that means he isn't qualified?

(Enjoy your break).

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Oblak talk is managements way of doubling down on De Gea's threats to leave for money, given his current form. I think both parties want to come to an agreement but now that Dave is playing like shit, he's dropped his potential worth and if United are openly flirting, its a case of "you should probably accept what we're offering otherwise you're gone because we can get this guy".

WelshManc

The amount of soft players we have is what has cost us the top 4, the players having a tantrum not wanting to play for Jose, we had a great honeymoon period with Ole but now some of them players have their head turned and don't look like they want to be there, that's what has cost us top 4.
I don't include De Gea in that even though his contract is up soon, I think he wants to stay and what he's asking for is definitely deserved after years of being our best player, especially when showers of shite like Sanchez is on what he is.

In Rainbows

Not much .... asked to come to Ajax by Cruyff, Marketing Director then CEO (3 yrs?), involved with various football bodies on behalf of Ajax and has been involved in transfers. Would like to think Director Of Football at United is not exactly a step down from CEO of Ajax (given size of our club/the challenge), leave Ed.1 to focus on the business side of the club (sponsorship, lenders meetings, etc).

Guess some would say if just after someone linked to Ajaxs success then go Overmars but I like the history VDS has with United.

I'm not sure what Ajaxs style of play has to do with VDS (more to do with Ten Hag I'd have thought) but guessing you know more than me (not hard tbh) about his role and presumably something that means he isn't qualified?

(Enjoy your break).
Anyone know if it was VDS's idea to present De Jong and De Ligt with a video to give Ajax another year (which was this season)?

VDS could potentially help us get de Gea to sign a contract and convince De Ligt. I know de Gea was a huge fan of VDS when he was a teenager.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Anyone know if it was VDS's idea to present De Jong and De Ligt with a video to give Ajax another year (which was this season)?

VDS could potentially help us get de Gea to sign a contract and convince De Ligt. I know de Gea was a huge fan of VDS when he was a teenager.
Both Vds and Overmars presented the video to the youngsters De Ligt, De Jong, Kluivert, Onana etc and compared them to Ajax legends of the past.

GBBQ

Everyone seems convinced by Romero, I’m not.
He is without doubt, as good a reserve keeper as you might expect to have. He comes in for cup games and does well. Never complains. Reminds me of Van der Gouw in that way. But I don't see him being good enough to be number 1 for United. We need world class and that is not Romero. If DDG goes we have to go all out for Oblak. We made similar mistakes after Schmeichel and we suffered accordingly until VDS came back.

Me neither, he's a solid back up but has a tendency to have a lapse in concentration and his distribution is well off.

Edit: best example was vs Bristol City in the League Cup, he was all over the shop that night.
I agree, hes been a #2 for nearly his whole career. There's a good reason why.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yep Romero is definitely not good enough. Great number 2 but that's it

Nep77

Best solution if Dave doesn't signup is to let him go and promote Romero as a number 1 for a year and let Dean have a season at Sheffield United. In this way we can access if Dean is up to the level or not and reconsider our situation at the end of next season.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wow that's big news. Openly admitting he's agreed to join Dortmund.

Would be a great signing for them, LW has been a position of weakness for them with them rotating players there (Brun Larsen, Guerrero). Hazard would immediately solve that gap and improve the squad as well. What they'll have left is to sign a good striker who can take over from Gotze. Otherwise their attacking midfield spots are set (Hazard, Reus, Sancho).

In Rainbows

I don't understand. On what planet is Barca, not economically profitable? Maybe it's because at say United, Raiola can get him another move to say Barca or Real? Where as if it's Barca or Real, there is no other move the player would want?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I don't understand. On what planet is Barca, not economically profitable? Maybe it's because at say United, Raiola can get him another move to say Barca or Real? Where as if it's Barca or Real, there is no other move the player would want?
Basically he wants two moves for his client rather than one so he can get two separate fees?

Robertd0803

Will make more in agent fees signing for us as an example and then 5 minutes later starts angling for a move to Barca to make a second fee.

If he moves to Barca then he may not move on or by the time he does his value is much diminished 7-8 years down the line for example.

redpatron

1)Barca going to give a below market transfer fee that reduces raiola fees. Without competition, it’s highly possible like Frankie.
2) like de Jong, Barca can’t afford to pay his astronomical wage demands. De Ligt’s with adidas (Bayern, United, juve), Nike can’t jump in and give him a bigger endorsement fee to subsidize the wages. All three clubs can make De Ligt the poster boy for adidas. United will need one if ddg and Pogba leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.