Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

We will be mad to spend 120 on a GK.
I mean how fecking stupid do the higher ups have to be. This cannot happen. No point in having a top class GK if the core defenders in front of you aren't up to snuff.

Would rather have Romero as #1 in 19/20, Grant as the #2 with Henderson the #1 the next season (20/21) and see Henderson spend the 19/20 season as Sheffield United's #1.

DDG is in wretched form, just dreadful and it really has bottomed out from the weekend.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I mean how fecking stupid do the higher ups have to be. This cannot happen. No point in having a top class GK if the core defenders in front of you aren't up to snuff.

Would rather have Romero as #1 in 19/20, Grant as the #2 with Henderson the #1 the next season (20/21) and see Henderson spend the 19/20 season as Sheffield United's #1.

DDG is in wretched form, just dreadful and it really has bottomed out from the weekend.
Indeed. We'd do better spending 120 million on a top defender and play the kids in goal.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't see how Oblak or any top player will risk his career joining us just for money at this moment. Can't he find money + trophies elsewhere ?
Just not enough vacant goalkeeping spots around now. If De Gea goes and replaces Buffon at PSG, the only other top side where oblak would be an upgrade and challenge for trophies would be Juventus and Juventus don't remotely pay what united does especially with all their financial flexibility tied into Ronaldo.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Tripper this season has been bad defensively but I think he'd still be a good option for us at that price.

jesperjaap

Sounds more reasonable.
There's no way a guy like Lukaku can bin us off!
Not really. In interviews he often comes across well as very hungry and determined to reach the very top and be the best in the world....and when you consider how utterly shite he actually is he is very much a case of reach for the stars and touch the ceiling

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Don't think any other team will be willing to meet his release clause, only we can do dumb shite like that. I think he'll only come if we give him reassurances about our future and our rebuild plan, only if he's convinced that we really want to take this club back to the top.
If we can convince him, maybe we can make some sort of deal with DDG going the other way and Oblak coming here, for DDG + 60 Mill or something. Infact that's the only way I can see this transfer happening, don't think we will pay them 120 million because that's an absurd amount of money for any player, let alone a GK
We'll likely get about £60m for DDG as it is

jesperjaap

Well if we sell de Gea we might have to.
Knowing how terrible our dealings have been we will probably sell DGea for £60m, but Oblak for £120m and then pay him the wage pretty much DeGea is asking for. DeGea has been awful obviously recently and no keeper is irreplacable, we hav eseen with the two Brazilians this season that there are actually quite a few really good keepers about....hell we have one on the bench ever....but people jumping on the selling deGea bandwagon is surprising as he has been our best player and probably the worlds best keeper the last few years now, crazy

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Not really. In interviews he often comes across well as very hungry and determined to reach the very top and be the best in the world....and when you consider how utterly shite he actually is he is very much a case of reach for the stars and touch the ceiling
He comes across as very hungry in pictures, too. :wenger:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I cannot remember a player attracting so many actual laughs from the crowd as he does ever at this level.

He's a 75m striker, yet he'll fall over it, or it'll smash back off him like he's a wall. Incredible.

redshaw

Why wouldn't PSG just buy Oblak instead? They want the best, another 60 mil is nothing for them.

Of course I wouldn't refuse getting Oblak but I don't see the club paying that at all, not to mention the options we have, sounds fantastical.

Pav1878

De Gea
Meunier Alderweireld De Ligt Shaw
Kante
Fernandes Pogba

Sancho J Felix Isco
Just saying....

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If we sign Trippier then I am done with this club for a few days anyway....

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
De Gea
Kante
Fernandes Pogba

Sancho J Felix Isco
Just saying....
What exactly are you just saying? That we should 8 players to our starting XI? At a cost of about £500m?

settembrini

100% guaranteed that if we buy Trippier then Tottenham will buy Wan-Bissaka, the much younger and better full back.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's funny. 18 months ago most of us on here would have loved Trippier at the club. He was then tbf one of the best rightbacks around. However he's been awful this year, no question. Completely fell away.

settembrini

Trippier does still play well when used as a wing back and the RCB in the back three covers for him. However he's always been dodgy when having to do his own defending and the older he's gotten the worse it's become. Watching him defend 1v1 against quick wingers is like Matic trying to defend against Sigurdsson, just a man desperately hoping a team mate will save him because he's incapable of handling the situation by himself.

Chairman Steve

Trippier wouldn’t really fit the supposed younger player policy. I was amazed to find out he’ll be 29 this year, when I thought he was more 24-25.

ArjenIsM3

Trippier wouldn’t really fit the supposed younger player policy. I was amazed to find out he’ll be 29 this year, when I thought he was more 24-25.
But he's homegrown, and we already have a young prospect at RB in Dalot so in this case buying an experienced player makes sense.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
De Gea
Kante
Fernandes Pogba

Sancho J Felix Isco
saying....
De Gea
Kimmich Koulibaly De Ligt Shaw
Kante
Verratti Pogba