g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skåre Willoch

RB may be Sidibe. Alderweireld at CB as well.
Totally forgot about Alderweireld. I don't know what to think, though. Seems a bit unrealistic expecting to buy all of these guys. What would the total price be? £300m?

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
People still think very little of Ed for some reason. We won't overpay for Bale. Pogba and Lukaku are our biggest transfers and they can provide a very good return on investment. Bale would not provide that, and that is the bottom line. We know Mou and Ed want him, but they won't jeopardise the club to do so, we've seen that with Perisic. We have a lot of money, but it will be spent with some measure of control. Any fee I would imagine would come with a reasonable base figure and potentially high performance-related add-ons.

haram

Totally forgot about Alderweireld. I don't know what to think, though. Seems a bit unrealistic expecting to buy all of these guys. What would the total price be? £300m?
We’d have to sell players. Perhaps the board would make an exception for signing a star player like Bale and grant extra funds for it, something they wouldn’t do for someone like Perisic last year for example.

haram

It's how much Pep and City spent last season to get to where they are. Think Jose will be making sure Ed knows that!
Absolutely. City look like they are adding Jorginho and Mahrez this year as well so we need to go in hard or forget about the title.

haram

IF they get those two I think the EPL is over for 2-3 years tbh.
Would be two good additions. We need to continue building regardless, as champions league can be won by manoeuvring through a couple of ties. City probably drop off a bit next year, they surely cant hit 100 points again.

Pavl3n

150 for Fred, Sandro and Alderweireld.
150 for Bale (if he becomes available after his talks with his agent), if not Willian for another 50.
And Martial, Young, Blind, Darmian, Jones out the door.

If it's not Bale, the transfer activity will balance to the £145m mark. If it's b
Bale, the club will have nothing against choking £100m on top for what is a premium player.

Smores

Of course we would, we always do stupid sh** like that. Mourinho AND Woodward are hard as rock for Bale, the manager and the man in charge of the money.

We bid 100 million for him a few years ago and since then he has won however many Champions league medals, combine that with the length of his contract, agentes fee as well as the price of footballers having sky rocketed. I can easily see that happening, I hope its less if we do go for him but I can see it.[/QUOTE]

When is the last time we did 'stupid shit like that"? Genuinely no idea

Skåre Willoch

When is the last time we did 'stupid shit like that"? Genuinely no idea
I'm sure he's thinking of Di Maria (which was sold with a minor loss the following summer) and Pogba (who's still at the club, and is a generational talent).

James Peril

We are probably working on multiple deals. We will get the players we need.
We didn’t last year, and not the one before either. To be honest, it’s been a good while since we had solid alternatives all over the pitch. And it’s not about just buying a right winger and a left back, our team and squad needs to compete at a much higher level. We can have three average-ish players as long as we gave a good keeper and the rest is excellent. We can’t have three stars and seven fillers.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We didn’t last year, and not the one before either. To be honest, it’s been a good while since we had solid alternatives all over the pitch. And it’s not about just buying a right winger and a left back, our team and squad needs to compete at a much higher level. We can have three average-ish players as long as we gave a good keeper and the rest is excellent. We can’t have three stars and seven fillers.
Not true. We always had backups. Dier and Fabinho for Matic. Moratta for Lukaku. Don't remember who was for Lindeloff but we did had back up options.

VanGaalEra

Those players for that money is a superb window and hypothetically really puts a marker down - but Jose would need to deliver or at least challenge all the way (final day and CL semi finals).
Agreed, we have the chance this season to build a really strong squad. Just down to whether Ed & the owners want to dig deep enough.

yo@Kirk

For player agents, the Sanchez and Bale wage packages will establish a wage floor for United players. The performance of these two players will be the 600k/week standard at United as far as player agents are concerned. In the 20/21 season and 21/22 season, the final years of the Sanchez and Bale contracts, I don't think the performances of Sanchez and Bale will be anywhere close to what any other teams standard for a 600k/week player would be.

The wage policies established with the Sanchez contract and the Bale contract are not sustainable and are not examples of good team management, imo. Player agents for prospective United transfer targets see the United wage policy and their players express love and respect for United and Mourinho. Why wouldn't they?

EyeInTheSky

We were quite discreet with Lukaku too.
yep like other clubs and sometimes people leak things or agents are loose with their talk and tip people off. Claiming that pool did anything even remotely noteworthy is a joke. Also doing business "on the quiet" is every harder in today's day and age and when you consider the size and noise around United it would be feat to get average signing done discretely let alone major ones.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I don’t think wages will be as big an issue either. Bale has said himself he wants to play football. He will know no one else but Madrid would pay the wages he’s currently on. He will take a pay cut. Also I think they’re artificially higher in Spain anyway to cover for the 50% tax
Are you trying to say it is possible for him to sign for Spurs? He'll take a pay cut but not that much of one. He's on £350k after tax. Spurs' highest wages are something like £120k before tax. Even if they double their highest wages, Bale would be on something like a £230k pay cut. No way he'd accept that much of one no matter how much he likes them.

Hamzah

yep like other clubs and sometimes people leak things or agents are loose with their talk and tip people off. Claiming that pool did anything even remotely noteworthy is a joke. Also doing business "on the quiet" is every harder in today's day and age and when you consider the size and noise around United it would be feat to get average signing done discretely let alone major ones.
My thoughts exactly mate. It really depends on the people involved. Some people are tight lipped some are not.

OoopsMisclick

For player agents, the Sanchez and Bale wage packages will establish a wage floor for United players. The performance of these two players will be the 600k/week standard at United as far as player agents are concerned. In the 20/21 season and 21/22 season, the final years of the Sanchez and Bale contracts, I don't think the performances of Sanchez and Bale will be anywhere close to what any other teams standard for a 600k/week player would be.

The wage policies established with the Sanchez contract and the Bale contract are not sustainable and are not examples of good team management, imo. Player agents for prospective United transfer targets see the United wage policy and their players express love and respect for United and Mourinho. Why wouldn't they?
:rolleyes:
Care to elaborate how you know that Sanchez is earning 600k per week? Furthermore, how do you know what the wage policy is of united?
We are a business and not just a toy of a rich owner so Woodward will probably have to justify certain wages/expenses and will have to submit wage forecasting reports for the next years.

Either way, lots of speculation on your part.

Last edited by a moderator:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Are you trying to say it is possible for him to sign for Spurs? He'll take a pay cut but not that much of one. He's on £350k after tax. Spurs' highest wages are something like £120k before tax. Even if they double their highest wages, Bale would be on something like a £230k pay cut. No way he'd accept that much of one no matter how much he likes them.
No because I reckon it’ll take around 200k a week + a series of bonuses based on appearances etc. spurs won’t break the mould
However interesting that he apparently bought a house in London recently. Not sure how true that is

DownRiver

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...chester-united-12616436#ICID=sharebar_twitter

EXCLUSIVE: Porto’s Diogo Dalot a €20m target for Manchester United

Although he seems like a great crosser and has much exuberance in attack, he will not be ready to play first-team games consistently. It's a shame as Valencia offers nothing going forward but just presence. Would of liked a read- made RB, but there are none that fit all the criteria and are available. Let's hope Diogo can synergise with Mourinho due to their common language/background, and accelerate his first-team impact.

I just can't contain another season of Valencia and Young.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.