Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanche7

If we are signing Fred then it signals move towards 433 as our primary formation then unfortunately we don't have place for Griezmann he made his name as a support striker there is no point in buying him for a position he hardly plays we need a right winger so rather buy one who actually plays in that position.
How about the Lingard role? The free roaming inside forward who runs into space?

FireBlade

I wounder if he has killed the barca move to satisfy atleti fans?

They would not be as hurt if he left for a none Spanish team or is that wishful thinking?

gajender

How about the Lingard role? The free roaming inside forward who runs into space?
See that's the problem he is a great player as a support striker could be great as inside forward but its not given why take that chance rather buy somebody who is better suited for that role , there is no point taking a punt of £89 million and hoping he excels in his new role.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Arsenal are making the same kind of trash signings they did when Wenger was in charge.
Can you explain me where?

Lichtsteiner and Sokratis so far - we're lacking experience and leadership so far. Three young centre backs, Kos injured for a long time, Mustafi not constant enough and will be probably sold. So someone like Sokratis is a good fit, was one of the best defenders for years in the Bundesliga despite last season (and nearly everyone was poor last season there).

We don't have a Back-Up for Bellerin. Lichtsteiner was still fit last season, played the away game against Real and was subbed in against Spurs and helped to change the game. Nice fit to Bellerin, will help him with experience and Bellerin can still learn some things.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
See that's the problem he is a great player as a support striker could be great as inside forward but its not given why take that chance rather buy somebody who is better suited for that role , there is no point taking a punt of £89 million and hoping he excels in his new role.
Griezmann plays multiple roles for Atletico (as do most players for their teams). As a striker when they use a low block and punt long balls to their target man. As a playmaker against low blocks. As an inside forward in transitional phases.

A multi-faceted player with no fixed position, proficient in multiple areas of the pitch and extremely difficult to nullify.

gajender

Griezmann plays multiple roles for Atletico (as do most players for their teams). As a striker when they use a low block and punt long balls to their target man. As a playmaker against low blocks. As an inside forward in transitional phases.

A multi-faceted player with no fixed position, proficient in multiple areas of the pitch and extremely difficult to nullify.
But he is most effective through the middle that's his best position that's where he become this elite player not as a wide attacker , he is certainly not worth spending £90 million for the role he has not played in years.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
So who are Roma going to sell this summer? A lot of players linked with them already.
Alisson most likely. They also must have some fresh cash from their CL run.

Inter Yer Nan

But he is most effective through the middle that's his best position that's where he become this elite player not as a wide attacker , he is certainly not worth spending £90 million for the role he has not played in years.
He's excellent at finding space. If you look at a lot of Atletico's breaks they start with him out wide and cutting inside into space. He has a good shot and cross on him too so being on the outside and with his versatility will be an added dimension for us.

The guy is an incredible player. I'm sure he'll be just as effective on the left, the right or through the middle. He's got a great football brain and is very much a team player.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Aside from him. In my head he's already playing for your club or Madrid.
He could fetch a fee high enough to fund their needs. Pellegrini, Manolas, Dzeko or Nainggolan also draw interest from big clubs.

bucky

He could fetch a fee high enough to fund their needs. Pellegrini, Manolas, Dzeko or Nainggolan also draw interest from big clubs.
Other than Pellegrini I haven't seen any links, but you might be right.

gajender

He's excellent at finding space. If you look at a lot of Atletico's breaks they start with him out wide and cutting inside into space. He has a good shot and cross on him too so being on the outside and with his versatility will be an added dimension for us.

The guy is an incredible player. I'm sure he'll be just as effective on the left, the right or through the middle. He's got a great football brain and is very much a team player.
Are you a regular watcher of Atletico then I take your word for it but I still feel it's a gamble but we could always play 442 or a diamond if he fails to adapt.

Inter Yer Nan

Are you a regular watcher of Atletico then I take your word for it but I still feel it's a gamble but we could always play 442 or a diamond if he fails to adapt.
I try to watch every game of there's every season. Probably missed about 5-6 games only each season.

A diamond could also work as a regular formation also provided the full-backs are good. Griezmann and Sanchez both have great work ethic and could really make it work.

Griezmann at 86m to me is about as big a no brainer as it gets.

gajender

I try to watch every game of there's every season. Probably missed about 5-6 games only each season.
That's great , though it's unlikely either Koke or Saul would move this season but who according to you is better suited for United if we can sign one of them.

Zoo

Di Marzio says that Jose was watching Golovin and Smolov, not just Arnautovic.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal

He has something from Fellani and Rabiot. Sounds like a wonderkid for Paris Fans, like it.

Inter Yer Nan

That's great , though it's unlikely either Koke or Saul would move this season but who according to you is better suited for United if we can sign one of them.
Damn that's a tough one. Koke is the more creative of the two though typically plays on the left hand side of midfield (he is right footed and equally adapt on the right) but Saul is probably more of a goal threat and probably even more energetic/covers more ground but Koke would probably give us more stability and control of games and he'd regularly put chances on a platter and take some of the creative burden off of Pogba. He's probably been my favorite La Liga player the last 4-5 years.

We couldn't go wrong with either but fortunately for them (unfortunately for us) they are very attached to Atletico and will be there for a long time. At the very least until Simeone leaves but probably beyond that.

gajender

Damn that's a tough one. Koke is the more creative of the two though typically plays on the left hand side of midfield (he is right footed and equally adapt on the right) but Saul is probably more of a goal threat and probably even more energetic/covers more ground but Koke would probably give us more stability and control of games and he'd regularly put chances on a platter and take some of the creative burden off of Pogba. He's probably been my favorite La Liga player the last 4-5 years.

We couldn't go wrong with either but fortunately for them (unfortunately for us) they are very attached to Atletico and will be there for a long time. At the very least until Simeone leaves but probably beyond that.
Thanks for the Insight we have been linked with Saul several times so maybe in future if he decides to move we might have a chance but Koke I think would probably stay at Atletico for better part of his career.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Di Marzio says that Jose was watching Golovin and Smolov, not just Arnautovic.
It might be heresy to say this around here but I'm starting to think Di Marzio isn't as well informed about our movements in the transfer market as he might once have been. Smolov?? He's 28 and never played outside the Russian league ( barring a year with Feyenoord) and even in Russia hasn't really played for any of the big guns. Golovin is an easy name to bring up as he's Russia's brightest prospect and it's easy to assume any manager who's watching Russia play will have an eye out for him.

James Peril

No one gives a shit that you hate Lukaku, no need to continuously bring it up.
Who the hell are you to decide anything? Lukaku is a laughing stock around England, so it’s legitimate to bring it up every time crazy things are said about his impact and ability. Expectations and ambitions have gone down the tubes for some lately.

DarkXaero

It might be heresy to say this around here but I'm starting to think Di Marzio isn't as well informed about our movements in the transfer market as he might once have been. Smolov?? He's 28 and never played outside the Russian league ( barring a year with Feyenoord) and even in Russia hasn't really played for any of the big guns. Golovin is an easy name to bring up as he's Russia's brightest prospect and it's easy to assume any manager who's watching Russia play will have an eye out for him.
We're being linked with players like Arnautovic, do you really think that Smolov is that far fetched? He's a big, physical forward too.

Nick7

Who the hell are you to decide anything? Lukaku is a laughing stock around England, so it’s legitimate to bring it up every time crazy things are said about his impact and ability. Expectations and ambitions have gone down the tubes for some lately.
No he's not.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Smolov has 52 in 78 games or something similar going from Wikipedia. This is the Russian league though, so means next to nothing. He also had a shitty return prior to that and never played in a top European league.

He must have seriously written Rashford off if he is looking at players like this for a Lukaku backup.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
We're being linked with players like Arnautovic, do you really think that Smolov is that far fetched? He's a big, physical forward too.
Agreed. If we're really after a backup striker Smolov does not make less sense than Arnautovic by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.