Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Another blow struck on behalf of the common man, delivered by the billionaire underdogs!

Josep Dowling

This. Sadly, they're buying the right players for the positions they need to improve.
Starting worry about them if get a sign a good goalkeeper. The only thing that gives me hope is 3 new midfielders that have never played in the Premier League, that might be a bit much in the early part of the season.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Must be pretty underwhelming for Spurs fans
Why? It's not as if Grealish would come as part of our first XI - he'd be an addition to our CM squad cover/rotation. Depending on the price I'd be quite happy to see him signed. He's young, has good potential and might well improve a lot under coaching from Poch.

el3mel

This. Sadly, they're buying the right players for the positions they need to improve.
They don't need attacking players. Bonus signing, but not something I'll worry about. Fabinho and Keita were good signings though.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Fantastic business by Liverpool, getting a player of Fekir's quality on a free transfer will be the signing of the season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool outspend us this summer.

United_We_Stand

The defender got offered a contract extension offer by Inter and is now evaluating it but there's optimism that he continues with the nerazzurri.
Nainggolan is the big target for Spalletti's midfield even if there are no negotiations at the moment. Roma values the Belgian player around €40m while Inter would want to spend less, there's to see if developments can be made in the coming days.

Last edited:

Skåre Willoch

They don't need attacking players. Bonus signing, but not something I'll worry about. Fabinho and Keita were good signings though.
I think they do. Salah won't score 32 goals og whatever next season, and they dont really have any depth. They've been suffering because of the lack of depth this last season. This signing gives them an excellent front four, with Fabinho and Keita behind. Hopefully they'll have to settle for Karius for one more season ;)

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
it's not because of what they paid, Klopp said not too long ago that he'll never buy a player at those prices, he was criticizing us and city at that time. people are just calling out his hypocrisy.
Whilst I agree with what you said, when have you ever known a manager not to say one thing and then do the opposite?

Starting worry about them if get a sign a good goalkeeper. The only thing that gives me hope is 3 new midfielders that have never played in the Premier League, that might be a bit much in the early part of the season.
I very much doubt all three will start the season together. More likely rotated in to the team over the course of the first half but could definitely see all three finishing it together.

el3mel

I think they do. Salah won't score 32 goals og whatever next season, and they dont really have any depth. They've been suffering because of the lack of depth this last season. This signing gives them an excellent front four, with Fabinho and Keita behind. Hopefully they'll have to settle for Karius for one more season ;)
They were also good attacking before signing Salah himself. Attacking is far from being Klopp's teams problem.

Zoo

Are we going to be stuck with Darmian next season?

stevoc

Are we going to be stuck with Darmian next season?
If he ends up staying then it will be a lesson learned for the club. When you have a complete dud on the wage bill who has barely played in over a year, and is desperate to leave. Take whatever you can get for him whenever it is offered.

Juve are tight everyone knows this and they have been for years, so you can't really bluff them into paying more.

cyberman

If he ends up staying then it will be a lesson learned for the club. When you have a complete dud on the wage bill who has barely played in over a year, and is desperate to leave. Take whatever you can get for him whenever it is offered.

Juve are tight everyone knows this and they have been for years, so you can't really bluff them into paying more.
Are Juve the only side in for Darmian?
We're always letting players go in the fecking cheap, it's time we put our foot down.
We can't just sell for cheap in June just in case he ends up staying!
That's terrible business

el3mel

We're always letting players go in the fecking cheap, it's time we put our foot down.
That's terrible business
Darmian barely costs 15m in the market. I think we should have taken the 12m and run away. No club is stupid enough to pay 20m for a rubbish right back as him. We were lucky we found one to buy.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

You could also teach him a lesson might not giving him a single minute.

We did that with Bastian. Chelsea did it with Malouda and Inter with Pandev and Sneijder.

Doubt he is on massive wages either.

I'm glad we aren't just folding anymore. Got very good fees for Depay and Schneiderlin because of that. The Schneiderlin fee is just astounding. We got our money back for an absolute failure of a player.

Inter Yer Nan

Funny to see how the press always tries to bring Liverpool prices down and for ours includes the players rent, car payment etc; over 5 years. Pretty sure Fekir will be 70m bringing their spending in 2018 up to around 250m. I don't think we've ever spent that in a year and if we had the fee would be 350-400m and we'd be evil and all sorts.

cyberman

Darmian barely costs 15m in the market. I think we should have taken the 12m and run away. No club is stupid enough to pay 20m for a rubbish right back as him. We were lucky we found one to buy.
Its Euros though. 10m plus incentives is an insult.
Its the principle of the thing. We could write off the 10m and not flinch about it but you have to do these deals the correct way.
Juve are offering us the base fecking price. I guarantee when we sell him he won't go for cheaper than that so where would the lesson learned come from?

el3mel

Its Euros though. 10m plus incentives is an insult.
Its the principle of the thing. We could write off the 10m and not flinch about it but you have to do these deals the correct way.
Juve are offering us the base fecking price. I guarantee when we sell him he won't go for cheaper than that so where would the lesson learned come from?
Well, if the price was in Euro, you have a fair point then. Thought it was in pound. :D

cyberman

Funny to see how the press always tries to bring Liverpool prices down and for ours includes the players rent, car payment etc; over 5 years. Pretty sure Fekir will be 70m bringing their spending in 2018 up to around 250m. I don't think we've ever spent that in a year and if we had the fee would be 350-400m and we'd be evil and all sorts.
Fekir 50m
Fabinho 40 odd m
Kieta 50m
Ox 35m

The myth of Klopp shopping in the discount store has to stop at this stage.

Marcelinho87

If we had let him go for peanuts then all we would hear is "United never get a decent fee!"

I am happy to see him sit in the stands, doesn't affect me.

stevoc

That's terrible business
No idea if they are the only side mate, but the only solid links were with them.

We've been better at getting decent prices for decent players in recent years like Schneiderlin and Depay. Difference is Darmian is crap, you say it's terrible business. I say it's worse business to risk the sale of a player you clearly want to sell and you manager has no plans for.

Put it this way Darmian is supposedly on £60k a week with only one year left on his contract and Juve were offering £12m. So if he stays we've lost out on a +£12m fee vs -£3m wages (-£15m when no fee is taken into account) i know what looks better to me.

You could also teach him a lesson might not giving him a single minute.

We did that with Bastian. Chelsea did it with Malouda and Inter with Pandev and Sneijder.

Doubt he is on massive wages either.

I'm glad we aren't just folding anymore. Got very good fees for Depay and Schneiderlin because of that. The Schneiderlin fee is just astounding. We got our money back for an absolute failure of a player.
Well Darmian is unlikely to play if he stays anyway, so not sure how much of a punishment that is. Also why are you suggesting Darmian be punished? He didn't do anything to potentially scupper the deal United did.

Juve were offering us basically what we paid for him in 2015. 3 years older, and has just had 3 crap seasons. No idea how it wasn't seen as a good offer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.