Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 90887

Barcelona do not have an agreement in place with Paul Pogba but the La Liga champions are working hard to sign the Manchester United midfielder. Barca are hoping to tempt United into selling the Frenchman by putting forward cash-plus-players proposals. Yerry Mina, Andre Gomes and Rafinha are the Catalan club's preferred makeweights but they may also be willing to consider using Ivan Rakitic or Ousmane Dembele. (Mundo Deportivo)
It says that Barcelona could consider offering Dembele or Rakitic for Pogba!

I would gladly take Rakitic + Dembele for Pogba.

Doctor Tornasol

Supports
Football
Celta de Vigo selling Maxi Gómez for 50M€ to West Ham and probably Lobotka for 40M€ to Spurs / PSG is absolutely crazy, they bought both for peanuts one year ago. Muiñeiras all summer long.

Zoo

Tomorrow Chelsea are going to the LFP to activate Kepa's €80m release clause

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Are they selling Hazard? Sounds like they're planning on spending a lot over the next few days.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't think there's any chance of this being true. It'll be a crazy deal.

Zoo

Are they selling Hazard? Sounds like they're planning on spending a lot over the next few days.
Doubt it. Courtois is gone and maybe others like Drinkwater and Loftus-Cheek will go too.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
If the £35m fee for Courtois is correct then Kepa won't cost us €80m out of pocket.

Must say, if we can pull off Kepa and Kovacic before the deadline I'll be delighted. Surely at least one of RLC, Drinkwater, or Bakayoko will have to be moved.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Bit of a shite article, repeating what's been said many times. But I wanted to increase my ratio of tweets to nonsense. So I combined the two.
This preoccupation with Mourinho is getting tiresome considering Klopp and Poch have won zip at their clubs and seem immune to any criticism!

Bradley Leach

Who is completely unproven in the PL and there is no guarantee he'd be a success here.
Don't worry lads, the MEN have us covered with that story already. €30m loan deal with obligation to buy taking the deal above €100m. It's total BS anyway but just thought I'd give everyone a laugh.

United Pro

If the £35m fee for Courtois is correct then Kepa won't cost us €80m out of pocket.

Must say, if we can pull off Kepa and Kovacic before the deadline I'll be delighted. Surely at least one of RLC, Drinkwater, or Bakayoko will have to be moved.
Kepa probably will cost that as Bilbao simply won't sell for less.

izec

My mate was playing golf with Jack Butland last night, he's on his way to London for talks with Chelsea this morning. Not the most exciting or surprising of rumours but its direct and 100% true.
If they activate Kepa's clause, fair to say your mate is talking shite.

cyberman

This is turning into a bit of a shambles. :lol:
Why shouldn't we have back ups? Would you rather we bid for a player with tunnel vision and be left with nothing if we can't get the club to sell?
I keep seeing this portrayed as a bad thing.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They won't get him at a knock down price and it leaves Bilbao with a backup keeper as No. 1 and they have sent their third choice keeper out on loan, so not great. Not sure how many Basque keeper there are out there.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
What I meant was we wouldn't be paying €80m in a vacuum like Liverpool did with Alisson. Courtois' fee would pay for half of Kepa meaning we'd essentially only be paying ~£40m.

RedNed77

If they activate Kepa's clause, fair to say your mate is talking shite.
No reason for him to lie, Butland will definitely be going to meet them, if Chelsea decide to go with somebody else then fair enough.

VanGaalyTime

So Chelsea find out they need a goalkeeper - they immediately bid for one and have the bid accepted. Wish United had operated this way earlier in the summer.

Pace Abuser

So Chelsea find out they need a goalkeeper - they immediately bid for one and have the bid accepted. Wish United had operated this way earlier in the summer.
I suspect it's much easier doing business when you're paying a world record release clause that no one else would, and is way too good to turn down.

RedNed77

Butland isnt good enough in the first place, unless he is a backup keeper, which i doubt.
Personally i think he's decent. Is he better than Kepa? No idea as i've never seen Kepa play, is he good enough for the Prem? Defo and better than average I'd say. Chelsea's keeper has gone awol 3 days before the start of the season. It makes sense for them to have a couple of options.

United Pro

What I meant was we wouldn't be paying €80m in a vacuum like Liverpool did with Alisson. Courtois' fee would pay for half of Kepa meaning we'd essentially only be paying ~£40m.
Oh right, fair enough. It's still a lot of money for a keeper. Especially one that isn't world class yet.
They won't get him at a knock down price and it leaves Bilbao with a backup keeper as No. 1 and they have sent their third choice keeper out on loan, so not great. Not sure how many Basque keeper there are out there.
I can't think of many. I believe Ruffier is Basque oddly enough.

The Irish Connection

I know! Surely when bale said he wasn't sure about staying, we put in a big bid?
Maybe we did contact though.

Well, unless we hear something in the next day, looks like we're stuck with the unbalanced right wing and the usual stop and pass back on that side. Hopefully we see some good tweets soon.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Can't wait for the transfer window to close on Friday....or does it close on Thursday?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So what game is Woodward playing right now ?

If Toby was a smokescreen all the time then congrats for mindf*ckery lvl 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.