Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Of course I don't just want quality players but also hungry players who's still got the burning desire in them and not mercenaries who don't give a damn as long as their pay check comes in every weekend. We've been burnt several times by lot of mercenaries hence, it's high time we stopped towing the same path. Fergie was never about buying players who's won it all. He would rather go for young talented players or quality players at a small club. It's possibly one of the reason Fergie didn't sign Sneidjer from Inter despite him almost begging us.
I think you quoted the wrong post of mine here. My point is still, your lack of esteem for the club is why you struggle to see why any top player would want to play for us. Perhaps other people feel differently about it. Fact is, if Varane leaves Real, he would have options. If he chooses us, then it wasn’t by force.

goin4glory

6m euros pre tax ? Isn't that 100k/week before taxes?

What's the tax rate? 45%?

No way he signs that..
I don't know where people get the idea that Herrera is a player in huge demand. He'd be a squad filler at any elite club and not worth more. 100k would be more than Toby/Eriksen and Ali.

jesperjaap

He is an inspirational type of player so think. When playing for France, he leads by example. With his profile, at United, other players would look up to him. I don’t necessarily mean Roy Keane’s, I do think we need top players in a certain age bracket who can consistently play to a very high level. That soon brings trust and confidence from the developing players. That’s the kind of leader I see Varane being with us. His CV speaks for itself, as does his professionalism, and our defence needs someone to look up to. In fact, we need a few of them in the team full-stop.
Fair comment. Think we need a bit of both. No coincidence really how we did well with Ibrahimovic and declined as soon as he left really, a lot of that was his star standing and personality as well as performances....well that and the fact fricking Lukaku replaced him, cant blieve some were saying he is better when he first signed.

Do think we need one star signing, also think we need someone that leads by example whether that is quality performance, professionalism or even just energy.Its why I would like signings like Barella and Ascacibar.
I do also think we also need a real leader, that will shout, organise and be a proper captain. Think Romagnoli could be a gret signing if the fee wasnt crazy.

Personally as great as Varane is and Koulibailly, I probably wouldnt sign either as I think we need two centre backs and we certainly cant do that if we spend £100m odd on just one of them...not that we will sign two anyway, sadly. If only we had a chance of getting De Ligt as I think he will go for £70m or under...De Ligt and Upamecano for £120m would be amazing as a partnership. Varane of Koulibaily for £100m would mean ruddy Lindelof still starting....and I seem to be in the minority, but I think he is just so so average at best

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fair comment. Think we need a bit of both. No coincidence really how we did well with Ibrahimovic and declined as soon as he left really, a lot of that was his star standing and personality as well as performances....well that and the fact fricking Lukaku replaced him, cant blieve some were saying he is better when he first signed.

Do think we need one star signing, also think we need someone that leads by example whether that is quality performance, professionalism or even just energy.Its why I would like signings like Barella and Ascacibar.
I do also think we also need a real leader, that will shout, organise and be a proper captain. Think Romagnoli could be a gret signing if the fee wasnt crazy.

Personally as great as Varane is and Koulibailly, I probably wouldnt sign either as I think we need two centre backs and we certainly cant do that if we spend £100m odd on just one of them...not that we will sign two anyway, sadly. If only we had a chance of getting De Ligt as I think he will go for £70m or under...De Ligt and Upamecano for £120m would be amazing as a partnership. Varane of Koulibaily for £100m would mean ruddy Lindelof still starting....and I seem to be in the minority, but I think he is just so so average at best
One centre half will do in my opinion. It’s not the most urgent position, but it’s up there.

Kaglish10

I think you quoted the wrong post of mine here. My point is still, your lack of esteem for the club is why you struggle to see why any top player would want to play for us. Perhaps other people feel differently about it. Fact is, if Varane leaves Real, he would have options. If he chooses us, then it wasn’t by force.
It's not about self esteem. It's about wanting the best for the team. We all saw the way Pogba was carrying on after he won the world cup. He became so lazy and felt everyone owes him something at the club while feeling he's better than the rest. If he had won a major trophy with the team, he would have felt everyone deserves his own respect for what they have done. Besides Varane was just 19 yrs at the time he was brought to Madrid. He's not the only central back available. I would rather we go all out for de Ligt than Varane.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's not about self esteem. It's about wanting the best for the team. We all saw the way Pogba was carrying on after he won the world cup. He became so lazy and felt everyone owes him something at the club while feeling he's better than the rest. If he had won a major trophy with the team, he would have felt everyone deserves his own respect for what they have done. Besides Varane was just 19 yrs at the time he was brought to Madrid. He's not the only central back available. I would rather we go all out for de Ligt than Varane.
Well Pogba was and is better than the rest, that’s the problem. If we had a couple like Varane around him, he may not feel like that. And Varane was 19 when he joined Real, but he also joined for £9m and was a sub for a few years. If that’s the profile we are after, there are plenty of those about. We want the finished article. I’d take Koulibaly gladly instead, but I’d never say no to Varane. I’m sure he’s even younger than Lingard, who is one of our ‘young players’.

If you want the best for the team why don’t you want the best players? It seems it is because you can’t convince yourself that the best players want us back. For the record, I don’t think every player we add this summer needs to be the finished article. But I am wary of this trend that seems to want us to buy every promising 19-21 year old in the game. Our team will never arrive. Half of them won’t make it, the other half will make it and be frustrated that the other half haven’t and want to leave in a couple years and the cycle will continue. Arsene Wenger showed us the blueprint for that over the years.

Kaglish10

Well Pogba was and is better than the rest, that’s the problem. If we had a couple like Varane around him, he may not feel like that. And Varane was 19 when he joined Real, but he also joined for £9m and was a sub for a few years. If that’s the profile we are after, there are plenty of those about. We want the finished article. I’d take Koulibaly gladly instead, but I’d never say no to Varane. I’m sure he’s even younger than Lingard, who is one of our ‘young players’.

If you want the best for the team why don’t you want the best players? It seems it is because you can’t convince yourself that the best players want us back. For the record, I don’t think every player we add this summer needs to be the finished article. But I am wary of this trend that seems to want us to buy every promising 19-21 year old in the game. Our team will never arrive. Half of them won’t make it, the other half will make it and be frustrated that the other half haven’t and want to leave in a couple years and the cycle will continue. Arsene Wenger showed us the blueprint for that over the years.
That shouldn't excuse Pogba's laziness. I don't want players who feel they are too big for the team. I don't know if Varane is in that same category but I wouldn't know. I just don't want players who feel they have nothing else to lose, regardless of their performance because they have already achieved all.

The UTD Way

Lovely to see you Paul....bye bye now!

We shall use the £150m we should be getting to help rebuild the club you will regret leaving again.

Bestietom

Sell Lukaku and Sanchez........Bring in a Playmaker and a Winger
Sell Pogba............................Bring in 2 Midfielders

Any other sales can be added to the 200million Ole has to spend. Sort out the backline with it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I doubt it, will probably regrett re joining though.
Why do people keep defending him? Apart from a run of 10 games he's been absolutely shocking this season for a guy with the ability he has.

Gerrard played in poor teams most of his career and he didn't give up. Pogba is an absolute fake. Can't do it consistently. Always excuses for him.

If Madrid are daft enough to give us 130m or so then take and run for the hills.

The UTD Way

I doubt it, will probably regrett re joining though.
If we manage to get £130-150m we can buy to very good players for that in a squad that needs more depth in quality...I’d take that over someone on silly amounts prostituting himself out to others because times are hard.

A-man

Although over a longer period of time, Bailly and his situation kind of reminds me of Zahas time here. Obviously has ability, looked at first like being a really good signing (Zaha more from pre season performances).

Niggling injuries and lack of chances....but hardly done himself any favours as the few times
Bailly has played towards the end of last season and this, he has had an absolute shocker everytime.

Obviously not happening now but for me Tuanzabe should have been brought back to replace Jones. I still think Bailly could be the best partner to a new cb if we sign what we need being a leader, good ball playing and with great quality and organisational skills, as although Bailly isnt great in the air and is still very rash, he has all the attributes and abilty to be a top centre back....but to be honest, he has had so many niggling injuries and been so poor when he has played, I think rather than patience and a development project.....Id probably sell him and buy a second centre back
If a decent club is really interested in buying Bailly I think it could be the best for everybody to let him go. He definitely has got valuable talents but I think he lacks the basic schooling. He takes unnecessary risks, has poor positioning and the other CB seems to have no clue what he will do next. Maybe better to bring back Tuanzebe and also get one worldclass CB.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Why do people keep defending him? Apart from a run of 10 games he's been absolutely shocking this season for a guy with the ability he has.

Gerrard played in poor teams most of his career and he didn't give up. Pogba is an absolute fake. Can't do it consistently. Always excuses for him.

If Madrid are daft enough to give us 130m or so then take and run for the hills.
I think it's because, despite his consistency, he's still far and away our best outfield player and people don't have the faith in our board to adequately rebuild with the money we get from a transfer.

I can see why people are annoyed when Jones and Young are getting extensions and Pogba and Herrera are likely leaving and DDG has only a year left. We're already mediocre and now we're selling our better players.

On paper, we could have £150m+ to spend this year and add to that another £130m odd for a Pogba. Should have close to £300m to spend. Does anyone have confidence we'll spend it wisely?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

It’s more the other way round. He’s has about 10 shocking games. Then there are a group of 6-7 out of 10 performances that get the same reaction as a ‘shocking’ performance as people either already have an agenda or don’t know who else to blame.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

10 games :lol:

Killabban

It’s more the other way round. He’s has about 10 shocking games. Then there are a group of 6-7 out of 10 performances that get the same reaction as a ‘shocking’ performance as people either already have an agenda or don’t know who else to blame.
6-7 out of 10 is not good enough for world class midfielder. How many 6-7 out 10 performances did Roy Keane put in?, we knew he always wanted to win. Pogba looks uninterested a lot of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
6-7 out of 10 is not good enough for world class midfielder. How many 6-7 out 10 performances did Roy Keane put in?, we knew he always wanted to win. Pogba looks uninterested a lot of the time.
I would wager like 80%? I mean, unless he was winning you games every week, i'm unlikely to be wrong here :D

lysglimt

Scout
What will be important for OGS and United in general is to get 2-3 players in as soon as possible, simply to get the optimism back.

If a few of the other clubs sign a player or two early on - and we don't, a lot more fans will turn on the club. But get 2 or 3 good players in early on, and people will start to look forward to the start of the season and a lot of the negativity will die down (at least for a while)

MrSingh2002

The only players I'm totally convinced about. That are worth signing and will take us to another level are....

Rodri
Neves
De Ligt
Joao Felix
Varane
Wan Bissaka
Sancho

Players with leadership qualities, the right attitude, youth with quality on the pitch. Physically able players. In my opinion we need as many of those players as possible this summer. Do not care about the cost.

Cassidy

The only players I'm totally convinced about. That are worth signing and will take us to another level are....

Rodri
Neves
De Ligt
Joao Felix
Varane
Wan Bissaka
Sancho

Players with leadership qualities, the right attitude, youth with quality on the pitch. Physically able players. In my opinion we need as many of those players as possible this summer. Do not care about the cost.
Why?

MrSingh2002

Pace
Understanding
Comfortable on the ball
Athleticism
Icon

Brings with him the experience of multiple Champions League wins along with being a
World Cup winner. That experience in the changing room is invaluable for the current squad and management.

Cassidy

Pace
Understanding
Comfortable on the ball
Athleticism
Icon

Brings with him the experience of multiple Champions League wins along with being a
World Cup winner. That experience in the changing room is invaluable for the current squad and management.
He isn't very good though and is very inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.