Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

I don't like overpaying purely because of the fact it just adds more pressure on the player to perform instantly. Not something we need right now.
True, but any player coming into Manutd regardless of price is under pressure to perform at the moment.

Yes, higher price tag will add the pressure but that doesn't mean we don't sign anyone?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
True, but any player coming into Manutd regardless of price is under pressure to perform at the moment.

Yes, higher price tag will add the pressure but that doesn't mean we don't sign anyone?
I'm not totally against it, obviously we need more players. That's a fact. At this moment in time, we're dammed if we do and dammed if we don't.

GBBQ

Would you agree that whatever signing we make will be for next season albeit adding numbers for this season?
i think so, players need time to gel and probably will have patchy form until they find their stride. But as you say they can help with numbers, take pressure off the starters.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They mean price is the only difficulty.

Starting with the excuses already.
If only the price was an excuse.

Leicester don’t need to sell, Leicester don’t want to sell, Maddison hasn’t suggested in anyway that he wants to leave, they’re higher than us in the PL meaning his chances of UCL playing time is greater.

Xaviboy

Cant see us sign anyone this month. Ole stating about no value in market for January for his targets. Were struggling squad wise so if Ole wants to progress for 2nd half of season then he simply has to buy or try loan players. There are players out there at moment that is an improvement straight away, even on loan to cover the lack of depth in midfield. We will struggle come summer window with the Euros on. Big delays getting deals done in the summer and wont be straight forward, especially if we are interested in James Maddision, going to be a big fee to get him. Leicester qualify for champions league and we dont, I really cant see him join us. I dont think we will have the pull factor to attract our top targets anymore without champions league. He is one of their best players and will improve even more playing under Rogers then he will under Ole. We will settle for our 2nd/3rd transfer targets and wont progress or compete under the current regime and it will be the same discussions every week/matchday we have. Squad/players not good enough and management not good enough.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Think its quite obvious Ole's hands are tied here.
Make no mistake he would very much like to bring in a couple of players atleast but,if he wants to keep his job, he has to toe the owners line.

And,not that his job was in danger, even Fergie had to conform to his bosses " there's no value in the transfer market".

SER19

Really think we should be in for eriksen. If it works it can salvage season and be a key player for 2-3 seasons, if it doesn't fans won't be devastated by a 20m or so fee once he isn't given an absurd contract.

Sea-Cow

Does anyone really care about overpaying if it means we get the player? Chances are if we don't, by the summer we've got no chance of getting them anyway.
I personally don't care in the slightest. Its not my money and feck the Glazers. I just want to see improvement in performances. Make it a loan, a steal, a beg, or an overpayment by ten fold, don't care at all.

In Rainbows

If only the price was an excuse.

Leicester don’t need to sell, Leicester don’t want to sell, Maddison hasn’t suggested in anyway that he wants to leave, they’re higher than us in the PL meaning his chances of UCL playing time is greater.
Yeah, either Villa or Leicester should have no reason to sell at this point. We just bought Maguire so buying another player from them seems much more difficult. With Villa, Grealish is their clear star player.

Gasolin

Maddison would be too complicated as of now. Maybe this Graelish stuff has some merit, especially if the guy can challenge AV to sell. It's not Maddison, but it gives us an option.
We need the bodies too, our team is getting exhausted of having to play continuously, even more due to injuries.

Berbaclass

Maddison would be too complicated as of now. Maybe this Graelish stuff has some merit, especially if the guy can challenge AV to sell. It's not Maddison, but it gives us an option.
We need the bodies too, our team is getting exhausted of having to play continuously, even more due to injuries.
I like Grealish but it would probably relegate Villa if they sold him this month. Don't think for their sake they can afford to sell at this time.

Gasolin

I like Grealish but it would probably relegate Villa if they sold him this month. Don't think for their sake they can afford to sell at this time.
Let him plead that he helped the team in the League 1 so they should also help him when he wants it? He has served enough AV, I think. Whatever happens, just make it quick, you don't need to wait forever for a transfer, that's a myth.

RedDevilRoshi

Let him plead that he helped the team in the League 1 so they should also help him when he wants it? He has served enough AV, I think. Whatever happens, just make it quick, you don't need to wait forever for a transfer, that's a myth.
When were they in League 1?

Berbaclass

He's a diehard Villa fan man. Do you think he would want to do that to them? He knows very well how it would effect their chances.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
If you aren't a player who desperately wants out why would you move in January rather than waiting to see how the second half of the season pans out with regards to promotion/relegation, Europe, and managerial changes? Why would Maddison, Neves, Jimenez, etc want to move now? Some of these transfer links seem fabricated from thin air.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If you aren't a player who desperately wants out why would you move in January rather than waiting to see how the second half of the season pans out with regards to promotion/relegation, Europe, and managerial changes? Why would Maddison, Neves, Jimenez, etc want to move now? Some of these transfer links seem fabricated from thin air.
It’s just lazy click bait journalism. The players mentioned are hot and it’s obvious that they are going to be associated with a desperate club. It’s so easy for these outlets to make stuff up like ‘ sources claim Utd are interested. ‘

Anustart89

Scenario a) Overpay by £20m for two players. Get in the CL. Get the £40m back
Scenario b) Stick to your principles. Miss out on CL. Miss out on the players too because they won't join because we missed out on CL. Buy Rice and Winks for a combined £80m .

Woodward: I pick b!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm sure they won't move, but I personally would rather pay over the odds to get them in hypothetically now, than watch them go elsewhere in the summer. I don't think we're in a position to wait, unless we've got contracts already signed by them in blood saying they're joining later on.
I hear you, but I don't think we should pay over the odds. I reckon with some shrewd cheaper signings like Can and maybe 1 other we can pip top 4 before going in harder in the Summer without needing to pay too high over the odds.

Ban

If we get Maddison and give Lingard in return that would be a great deal of business. Not that it will happen.

Drz

Does anyone really care about overpaying if it means we get the player? Chances are if we don't, by the summer we've got no chance of getting them anyway.
Depends for me, someone like Neves, yea, I wouldn't mind breaking the bank for, because I really like what I've seen from him and think he could bring balance to the force let alone our squad / first 11.
Maddison, Bruno Fernandes, Grealish and that guy from Benfica and Lille not so much for differing reasons.

Judas

Open to offers
Why the club thinks all this talk about the summer will make fans happy I've no clue, its as if they don't realise there's half a season left with a terrible injury ridden squad.

C'est Moi Cantona

Not one bit, if we waved £60 million and a player on loan in the face of Villa for Grealish they'd bite our hand off, offered Newcastle £40 million for Longstaff he'd be here tomorrow, etc, and I'd be happy with then spending more if needs be, I can never understand nowadays fans getting upset about potentially overpaying for players.

I'm not endorsing these players, but Ole likely wants them, so get them, if they're crap then Ole falls on his sword and we move on, waiting until the summer achieves nothing, and the bar is so low in our midfield they would have to improve us, surely.

The club can't keep saying it's 'difficult,' no money yes, but if it's so difficult then obviously we need better people doing the deals (shock horror), as other clubs manage it.

Wing Attack Plan R

Not taking the piss, I've not lost all my marbles, but I think Lingard would be successful at Leicester.
Leicester might be able to figure out what Lingard's best position is, since his goalless and assist-less 2019 for us indicates we don't know what it is. He seems to be best when used as a harrier, but if the pace drops he is technically deficient.

Anyway, January transfer window: I remember sneaking onto RAWK and reading their transfer threads, all the players they thought were dying to sign for Liverpool, all the missed targets, and all the "didn't want him anyway" comments. We (the general United fan base) are not much different now. To the outside world Liverpool were has-beens and a mid-table side; to the Liverpool faithful they were the biggest club in the world and couldn't fathom how anyone wouldn't want to play for them. I see us as being more aware of our fallen status, but the parallels are clear.

RAWK was not wrong in thinking that if their board had signed a bunch of world class players they'd be back in the fight. Liverpool owners pursued a "money ball" transfer policy, then brought in a proven world class manager, then made some big signings.

We have to do at least 2 of those 3 things.

Bratt

Not taking the piss, I've not lost all my marbles, but I think Lingard would be successful at Leicester.
I think so too.
Despite Lingard being pretty poor at the moment, he’s obviously a better player than most posters here think. All the hate he gets here is ridiculous.
He would be a good fit with Leicester’s type of football imo.

Sea-Cow

Yeah he'd be playing for a much better manager, so you are probably right.

Would love to see it in an alternate universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.