Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM78

Even with some fairly reliable UK press talking about Fernandes, I still don't believe we will get it done. Some excuse will pop up about demands/value or Sporting will refuse to take the shite players we are supposedly willing to offer as part of any deal, or it will come out that he wasn't our first choice etc.

Hopefully I'm wrong of course as I would love us to sign a player of his ability but this club has had me defeated and ultra pessimistic for a long time now...I'm actually expecting a Lingard renewal!

Last edited:

Infra-red

Are we skint?
Things aren't great. Commercial revenues have been flat since 2016, while the wage bill has ballooned by 43% in the same period. Luckily for United, the Premier League has done a good job selling TV rights. We made a profit of £19m last year but that will have evaporated with our lack of CL football this season. Things will only get worse if we miss out on CL again next year, which would result in the value of our Adidas deal dropping by a third (a deal that Liverpool are about to surpass with Nike).

No surprises when you look at who was booted out in the summer - the club is (sensibly) trying to strip back and reduce costs.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Even with some fairly reliable UK press talking about Fernandes, I still don't believe we will get it done. Some excuse will pop up about demands/value or Sporting will refuse to take the shite players we are supposedly willing to offer as part of any deal, or it will come out and that he wasn't our first choice etc.

Hopefully I'm wrong of course as I would love us to sign a player of his ability but this club has had me defeated and ultra pessimistic for a long time now...I'm actually expecting a Lingard renewal!
This is what being let down on transfer time and time again has done for me too. I fully expect Simon Stone or Di Marzio to tweet how we are not actually in for him or not bowing to his agents demands etc.

pacifictheme

Things aren't great. Commercial revenues have been flat since 2016, while the wage bill has ballooned by 43% in the same period. Luckily for United, the Premier League has done a good job selling TV rights. We made a profit of £19m last year but that will have evaporated with our lack of CL football this season. Things will only get worse if we miss out on CL again next year, which would result in the value of our Adidas deal dropping by a third (a deal that Liverpool are about to surpass with Nike).

No surprises when you look at who was booted out in the summer - the club is (sensibly) trying to strip back and reduce costs.
Which is sensible. Overpaid and under performing staff are culled from any business.

Infra-red

Which is sensible. Overpaid and under performing staff are culled from any business.
I don't disagree. We have been rewarding abject failure with astronomical salaries for far too long. Biggest wage bill in Premier League history and look at how we're performing. It's laughable.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Amazingly bad management really, I suppose selling clubs and player agents will always try and squeeze you if you publically announce that you can do things no other club can in the transfer market.

OoopsMisclick

I'd take Ruiz over Bruno...
Eitherway, we need bodies. We actually need 2 CM right now so i never have to see Pereira play again for utd

alexthelion

The Longstaff report is interesting, if true. Doesn’t say much about our scouting network if we’ve gone from perusing a £50m offer for a youngster who ends up struggling for his parent club. Then we drop interest.
Doesn’t give us much hope in the project we have going on.
Our scouting network has to be one of the poorest in Europe’s top flight.
Alternatively, we were prepared to buy him for the potential he was showing, but not at the price Newcastle wanted, but have now backed out as he has not progresses as anticipated.

That shows good sense imo.

alexthelion

Cheap, class player in best football age and plays position that we need. Of course that we will not try to sign him.
Instead we will spend 3 times more on Rice and bloody Longstaff.

fecking hell
Because he wants to leave the PL and has stated so.

What is it with the naysayers who cannot wait to put the boot into the club even when there's no reason to do so?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Because he wants to leave the PL and has stated so.

What is it with the naysayers who cannot wait to put the boot into the club even when there's no reason to do so?
There is always excuse. Last few years only Pogba and Zlatan were top players who came here. For every other potential transfer we had some excuse.
Agent fee
Wants to play abroad
Wants to play in Spain
Salary
Signing on fee
Image rights
We don't want a player who really doesn't want to be here
We don't want a player who really really doesn't want to be here
Player's character doesn't fit
We were not interested anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.