Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalyTime

Take away his press credentials immediately if this isn't true. That's shocking. He doesn't even know if a player is being signed. My guess is he's been hired to create buzz for the fans. Then it'll turn out it's some youth team player. Journalists simply cannot make these types of mistakes and have a career after.

GBBQ

This guy knows feck all and should be on the blacklist for tweets. Like anyone would tell him if a player has been waved through for a medical.
Yeah it seems strange that someone would be in the know about a player arriving for a medical and not knowing who it is.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Luckhurst is abit of a troll,too. So he could really have been trolling us from the start.
The w*nker.

Superden

some of you need to take a deep breath. if every journalist who publishes some heresay or rumour which turns out to have been false is thrown under the bus, there wont be many left. perhaps we should invite him to CAF HQ and them dismember him. I am actually joking, before some of you start a campaign for that to actually happen.

Superden

a reserve keeper, and the worst possible, most unfootballing, biggest ass kissing DOF ever. if true, thats just great. to me shows how big woodwards balls are.

sparx99

some of you need to take a deep breath. if every journalist who publishes some heresay or rumour which turns out to have been false is thrown under the bus, there wont be many left. perhaps we should invite him to CAF HQ and them dismember him. I am actually joking, before some of you start a campaign for that to actually happen.
It is literally the first rule of journalism that you don't report something until you have confirmed the information with a source. I know twitter has changed the game somewhat and football isn't particularly important in the grand scheme of things but there a real world implications for this sort of lazy journalism. For example, some people might have gone and stuck £50 on Berge to Utd. I wouldn't do that because they shouldn't be trusted but others might.

Superden

It is literally the first rule of journalism that you don't report something until you have confirmed the information with a source. I know twitter has changed the game somewhat and football isn't particularly important in the grand scheme of things but there a real world implications for this sort of lazy journalism. For example, some people might have gone and stuck £50 on Berge to Utd. I wouldn't do that because they shouldn't be trusted but others might.
if anyone sticks any money on any transfer (or any other novelty bet) without having first hand or concrete info, they are a complete and utter mug and should be sectioned. as for journalists confirming info with sources, thats nonsense too unless teh story has major ramifications, when most articles mention unidentified 'sources', thats just heresay for rumours and whispers. go thourgh the transfer threads, i would guess 95% of the stuff mentioned (from 'sources') never happens, thats because its all based on hot air. does the job though.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Maybe Luckhurst is trying to suggest a player that would suit us, as our board is clueless and Ole couldn't find a player available in January.

Thanks Sam!

sparx99

if anyone sticks any money on any transfer (or any other novelty bet) without having first hand or concrete info, they are a complete and utter mug and should be sectioned. as for journalists confirming info with sources, thats nonsense too unless teh story has major ramifications, when most articles mention unidentified 'sources', thats just heresay for rumours and whispers. go thourgh the transfer threads, i would guess 95% of the stuff mentioned (from 'sources') never happens, thats because its all based on hot air. does the job though.
That's true but there is something clearly different between saying 'sources are telling me club x are interest in player y' and saying 'player x has been pictured arriving for a medical'. One is clearly gossip and the other a 'factual' statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.