Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJ12

Matić has come in and done really well in a bit of a duff midfield. He hasn’t stropped or come on and half baked it like Eriksen either.

He is a good player and can definitely participate in a squad playing in four competitions.

There are about 10 players in the cue who should be leaving before Matic does.
Good post. We need a squad with some depth in it, and whilst he shouldn't be in our starting XI when everyone's fit, he most definitely can play a part when needed (as shown during our injury crisis). It will also give the board more time to sort out more urgent positions that needs filling, because we all know the snails pace at which that moves!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Because of course we are
It would be classic United. Same we did with Jones, Rojo, Shaw and Smalling and we will 100% do with Lingard. Player just needs to have one decent run of games and that is enough for new contract.
And this comes from someone who always rated Matic and never said a bad word against him. But he is just in decline. It is a fact.

L1nk

You lot are so dim, honestly. We've been trimming the squad and arguably too much too quickly. You all constantly call for x player to be moved on but we need a whole squad and you need some experience and character in that squad. Ideally Matic would be around the 4th or 5th choice and he can certainly do a job in that role.

It isn't fantasy football where you need 11 starters and your subs, you have no clue. You're not always going to have players willing to play limited games but you need those sorts of players. Players like Mata and Matic are useful to have around the club, on the training ground and as back up. We love them on and we've aomost zero experience of winning anything within the squad. We have an even more threadbare squad that is full of young, naive players.

I bet you're the sort of person who makes posts during transfer windows and includes 7 out, 8 in and makes multiple potential team line ups with all of your proposed changes.

Lets say we move Matic on which we may well still end up doing, who comes in and replaces him? Who takes his place in the squad? We need to bring players in desperately and start utilising the likes of Mata and Matic as players who can come in and give players a rest. They are having to start too often because we simply don't have the quality available in the first team.
Then you can have zero complaints that we keep on "deadwood" and you can't complain when we don't buy players but instead just give has beens new contracts so we don't have to buy new players.

cyberman

It would be classic United. Same we did with Jones, Rojo, Shaw and Smalling and we will 100% do with Lingard. Player just needs to have one decent run of games and that is enough for new contract.
And this comes from someone who always rated Matic and never said a bad word against him. But he is just in decline. It is a fact.
Whats wrong with the role hes playing now?
If hes happy doing it then hes an asset

Alabaster Codify7

It doesn't improve us. That's why we have an issue with it. If we want to improve, we need someone to either displace McTominay or at least vie with him for the starting berth as CDM. Otherwise we are just standing still. Personally, I would have a new CDM as a starter (Matic/McTominay as backup) and have a new #8 with McTominay/Fred as backup. That is a strong midfield.

McTominay, Fred, Fernandes with Matic, Pereira and Garner as backup is a top 6 midfield at best.

cyberman

It doesn't improve us. That's why we have an issue with it. If we want to improve, we need someone to either displace McTominay or at least vie with him for the starting berth as CDM. Otherwise we are just standing still. Personally, I would have a new CDM as a starter (Matic/McTominay as backup) and have a new #8 with McTominay/Fred as backup. That is a strong midfield.

McTominay, Fred, Fernandes with Matic, Pereira and Garner as backup is a top 6 midfield at best.
But 4th or 5th choice midfielders arent meant to improve us.
They are there for scenarios like we are in today. Which side has a midfielder as strong as Matic as their 5th choice?
We can be theoretical and sell him for the greater good but in pracrical terms his role is vital for us.

Onerealunited

Why freeze him out in the first place Ole? I mean if you were meant on using him, why wait til now?
He was not freezed out. He was injured most of the time Ole was here, and when not injured McTominay did better than him and therefore deserved the CDM spot

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Because we add only depth with it. Now except Pogba and maybe Fred all our midfielders are squad players at best. It would be logical to release Matic, use McT as squad option and buy quality dmc for first 11. Same goes for some other positions.

cyberman

Because we add only depth with it. Now except Pogba and maybe Fred all our midfielders are squad players at best. It would be logical to release Matic, use McT as squad option and buy quality dmc for first 11. Same goes for some other positions.
Scott isnt a squad player though?
Even if he was, theres a lot more positions to be worked on than his.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Maybe the ones we want won't be available until the summer and we want some money for Matic. It depends what they ask for him.

Kostov

He was not freezed out. He was injured most of the time Ole was here, and when not injured McTominay did better than him and therefore deserved the CDM spot
Something was happening with him. I remember Matic liking and commenting against Ole on social media. He was mismanaged imo, and has been a solid contributor since he came back. The problem was and still is, we need better than Matic, so not sure why are we extending.

Alabaster Codify7

Matic clearly wanted out, and was clearly viewed as surplus to requirements. It's only the injury crisis that has led Ole to have to use him, he's done well but who's to say he will want to stay next season I suppose? If a club in Italy can offer him full-time football, I reckon he'll want out. Also, if we are serious about returning to glory, McTominay needs to be the new Matic in terms of being a backup / rotation option. We need an upgrade there.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Not at all, we need more than Fernandes the forward line is completely shot to bits.

I'd say we need a striker as well.
Yeah, I think a dodgy Slimani-type loan deal might be all we can hope for to be honest.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

bsCallout

I actually like the idea of keeping the experience of Matic. We lack any experienced winners.

I'd much rather his experience in the Squad than Lingard, Jones & Rojo who will all leave. Matic has come in and performed well, no complaining and actually looks to be the one trying to play on the front foot in games when we struggle.

McTominay, Fred, Fernandes, NEW CM, Matic & Periera is good to progress next season and get top four comfortably. I'd rather see us get a RW & Backup striker.

I'd fancy Soumore and Ziyech.

Or if we are lucky, Timo Werner.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Scott isnt a squad player though?
Even if he was, theres a lot more positions to be worked on than his.
Scott is ( at least for me) classic example of squad player. Lacks quality but adds something which can be used in certain games.

Status
Not open for further replies.