Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I like those quotes from Ole. He's firmly telling the fans that he wants and needs one more signing before 11pm tomorrow - Woodward and co, its now on you.
Less is more. Given his 'company man' persona so far, when he makes such a public statement, it is so much louder for all to hear.

Bestietom

Just read this and thought I'd share and ask what you think.

Solskjaer follows up Man Utd plea with £22m bid for deadly goal-getter
Date published: Thursday 30th January 2020 11:33

Manchester United have submitted a £22m bid to bring Fenerbahce striker Vedat Muriqi to Old Trafford, according to reports.
United have been on the hunt for a new attacker since the start of the season following the departures of Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez to Inter Milan, with Erling Braut Haaland heavily linked.
Haaland eventually moved to Borussia Dortmund and Marcus Rashford’s serious back injury has led to the Red Devils stepping up their chase for a frontman, as they look to strengthen their bid for Champions League qualification next season.

Indeed, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer issued somewhat of a plea for more goalscorers in his side after Wednesday’s Carabao Cup exit to Manchester City.
The Norwegian said: “We need more goalscorers and more goals. That is a definite. We need someone who will break their nose to score a goal.”
United have been linked with a move for Kosovo international Muriqi in the past few weeks but the player’s agent has recently insisted that his client is going nowhere before Friday’s British transfer deadline.
Despite those comments, Turkish outlet Fotospor claim that United have submitted a £22m bid to bring the striker in.
It is claimed that Fenerbahce want £42m for Muriqi and are unwilling to budge on that valuation.
What’s more, Fenerbahce vice-president Semih Ozsoy is said to have held talks with Muriqi’s agent, Haluk Canatar, and told him not to entertain any offers for the player.
Muriqi has been in prolific form for Fenerbahce this season, having scored 13 times in 20 appearances – including 12 goals in 13 Super Lig outings.
The 28-year-old has also been linked with Tottenham in the past, with Spurs looking to solve their own problems up front following Harry Kane’s injury.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Just read this and thought I'd share and ask what you think.

Solskjaer follows up Man Utd plea with £22m bid for deadly goal-getter
Date published: Thursday 30th January 2020 11:33

Manchester United have submitted a £22m bid to bring Fenerbahce striker Vedat Muriqi to Old Trafford, according to reports.
United have been on the hunt for a new attacker since the start of the season following the departures of Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez to Inter Milan, with Erling Braut Haaland heavily linked.
Haaland eventually moved to Borussia Dortmund and Marcus Rashford’s serious back injury has led to the Red Devils stepping up their chase for a frontman, as they look to strengthen their bid for Champions League qualification next season.

Indeed, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer issued somewhat of a plea for more goalscorers in his side after Wednesday’s Carabao Cup exit to Manchester City.
The Norwegian said: “We need more goalscorers and more goals. That is a definite. We need someone who will break their nose to score a goal.”
United have been linked with a move for Kosovo international Muriqi in the past few weeks but the player’s agent has recently insisted that his client is going nowhere before Friday’s British transfer deadline.
Despite those comments, Turkish outlet Fotospor claim that United have submitted a £22m bid to bring the striker in.
It is claimed that Fenerbahce want £42m for Muriqi and are unwilling to budge on that valuation.
What’s more, Fenerbahce vice-president Semih Ozsoy is said to have held talks with Muriqi’s agent, Haluk Canatar, and told him not to entertain any offers for the player.
Muriqi has been in prolific form for Fenerbahce this season, having scored 13 times in 20 appearances – including 12 goals in 13 Super Lig outings.
The 28-year-old has also been linked with Tottenham in the past, with Spurs looking to solve their own problems up front following Harry Kane’s injury.
Can't say I have seen a lot of him at all. However he was excellent for Kosovo at Wembley in the 5-3 game. Very good on the ball and he got a goal too albeit via a penalty.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Do you think? I’ve always thought he was a decent player.
Maybe Jose doesn’t want Winks. There have been murmurings.
He plays a lot more advanced at least for Southampton and not creative enough/wasteful to be playing there plus Spurs have far better options for that role. This feels like another Sidwell kind of purchase for Jose.

Bestietom

Can't say I have seen a lot of him at all. However he was excellent for Kosovo at Wembley in the 5-3 game. Very good on the ball and he got a goal too albeit via a penalty.
Don't know how true this is, but we will know after tomorrow night.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We clearly need someone instinctive and good at timing their runs.
Cant have new signing Fernandes putting in good scoring opportunities if no one is there to take them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
£42m excellent?
Hard to say because only seen him vs England. I'd never heard of him before that. The Kosovo team in general were very very good technically though. They passed it better than England they were just weak at the back. Must have a good coach.

Bestietom

Hard to say because only seen him vs England. I'd never heard of him before that. The Kosovo team in general were very very good technically though. They passed it better than England they were just weak at the back. Must have a good coach.
Didn't he play with Watford or Palace for a while.

Last edited:

Zoo

I’ve always liked Rondon. When he was in the PL there was no one better at playing with his back to goal.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
:lol: feck me whos next, Amir Zaki? To be fair Rondon would be decent for 6 months. Isn't it a bit late to be considering though?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
When he came over from Spain I thought he’d be a 20 goal striker here. In fairness to him, he wasn’t far off despite playing for poor sides.

No Love

I’d actually take Rondon on that type of deal, think he’d do well. Far more acceptable than Slimani or Ighalo, in my opinion.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
:lol: feck me whos next, Amir Zaki? To be fair Rondon would be decent for 6 months.
If he would be a decent option why always the need to mock the club on here? We are trying to make the best out of our situation.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He's playing in China though. We'd sign him and then he'd have to spend a month in quarantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.