Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
I thought they were going to keep it open until Jan to allow longer period for struggling teams to sell players to balance the books.

I think that’s a good idea. Things change all the time in business, day to day sometimes, a club that’s struggling would benefit from being able to sell a few players when required.
Rather than being stuck with assets they can’t release for many months during an ongoing crisis.
I don’t know maybe the new season will start before then and they don’t want players downing tools or refusing to play to force a move..

RUCK4444

I don’t know maybe the new season will start before then and they don’t want players downing tools or refusing to play to force a move..
Yeah possibly. There has to be a consensus agreed though because there is a greater need for an extended transfer window.

They should open it now, early as opposed to later then maybe...

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That's a bargain for Smalling. I'm amazed a lower level Prem team isn't desperately trying to sign him
I would say that he has told the club he would like to stay at Roma. It’s a big club, he is appreciated there, it’s a beautiful city and Série A have always revered their elder players more. He has every chance of playing there until he is 35-36 if he wants to.

I think it’s a great move for him and a far classier way to finish up a good career than slogging away with West Ham.

I am happy for him, I don’t think he was ever top drawer, but he is a good lad and served the club well.

-Supreme-

That article is pure clickbait.

Says they want him as a wide man :lol:

and then follows up with "but they'll face stiff competition" yeah... tell us something new.
I can see him do well in the wide position cutting in from the right side, similar to how Ozil played in his prime

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I would say that he has told the club he would like to stay at Roma. It’s a big club, he is appreciated there, it’s a beautiful city and Série A have always revered their elder players more. He has every chance of playing there until he is 35-36 if he wants to.

I think it’s a great move for him and a far classier way to finish up a good career than slogging away with West Ham.

I am happy for him, I don’t think he was ever top drawer, but he is a good lad and served the club well.
I echo all of this.

Deery

Dreary
Yeah possibly. There has to be a consensus agreed though because there is a greater need for an extended transfer window.

They should open it now, early as opposed to later then maybe...
Yeah if I were in charge I’d just open it now let it run to October, clubs would have plenty of time to get their house in order.

Deery

Dreary
I prefer him over Sancho but don't think many will agree
Sancho maybe is exactly what we need right now, but I have to say first time I saw Havertz play I thought he was pure class looked like a Real Madrid player to me he was that good.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I prefer him over Sancho but don't think many will agree
They're both superb young talents mate and it's perfectly understandable to favour one over the other. But I personally favour Sancho due the current required in the team. But i'm hoping we sign both players which would bring great joy to this forum.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
That's a bargain for Smalling. I'm amazed a lower level Prem team isn't desperately trying to sign him
I expect Roma will make a nice profit selling him back to the Premier League a year or so after they sign him permanently; his age might be a factor then, but they’ll still get a larger fee from someone like West Ham or Newcastle I think, maybe Arsenal.

kirk buttercup

They're both superb young talents mate and it's perfectly understandable to favour one over the other. But I personally favour Sancho due the current required in the team. But i'm hoping we sign both players which would bring great joy to this forum.
That would be like Christmas in August .

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Two £100m players in one window?

ShinjiNinja26

Sancho and Havertz would sent out a huge statement.
That just isn’t happening, not in the current climate. There’s no way we’re going to spend near £200m on 2 players, I’m not even convinced we’ll spend around £100m on Sancho although he’s my dream signing.

RUCK4444

Sancho and Havertz would sent out a huge statement.
It would make a statement in my pants. Man I wish we would push the boat out and grab these two while the opportunity is there.

I bet the two of them would love to link up together as emerging uber-talents at a new club.

If Havertz really is open to moving elsewhere other than Bayern then we have to put out hat in the ring.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It would make a statement in my pants. Man I wish we would push the boat out and grab these two while the opportunity is there.

I bet the two of them would love to link up together as emerging uber-talents at a new club.

If Havertz really is open to moving elsewhere other than Bayern then we have to put out hat in the ring.
Could we do both deals by paying in instalments over the next 5 years?

Or would it be more beneficial if we signed Havertz and Chiesa who could potentially cost about £50m for the RWF role?

Slysi17

He wont flop, but we can get him for cheaper next season or for free in 2 years. Chiesa is versatile enough to play different positions, so it would make sense to wait on Sancho rather than pay 100m+ now.
We can't wait a season. We need a right winger now as the only one we have is Daniel James who should not be starting yet.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
We can't wait a season. We need a right winger now as the only one we have is Daniel James who should not be starting yet.
I agree.

But I like the news about Fati.

Ole mentioned no rotten apples.

If we are to spend $100m, I’d prefer Fati over SANCHO.

He can play both wings and he’ll fit in just fine with Martial & Rashford transitioning well between front 3 positions.

He’s also not as scandalous as SANCHO.

SAFMUTD

I agree.

But I like the news about Fati.

Ole mentioned no rotten apples.

If we are to spend $100m, I’d prefer Fati over SANCHO.

He can play both wings and he’ll fit in just fine with Martial & Rashford transitioning well between front 3 positions.

He’s also not as scandalous as SANCHO.
What are you talking about? Ansu Fati has played mostly on the left, while Sancho can play left, right or as a CAM.

Talent wise Ansu Fati is still yet to prove he can reach Sancho's level.

Slysi17

What are you talking about? Ansu Fati has played mostly on the left, while Sancho can play left, right or as a CAM.

I want us to get Jadon Sancho. He is the best right winger we can get and think he is a great player. Sancho and Van De beek plus selling the average players is doable and would be a good transfer window.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

I’m aware his preferred positioning is on the left side but he’s capable of playing both wings and his ability to move around.

With all due respect, I’d suggest you to do more research on him.

Talent wise, he’s meant to be in contention for being one of the best players in the future and I’d rather invest our funds on him.

SANCHO does carry a risk factor of acting up which Fati does not (at least at the moment), and will avoid such situations specially in a foreign country.
On the other hand, SANCHO will take advantage of his national pride and follow his own brand more than the brand of Manchester United.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
No chance we sign Havertz with Pogba still here. How do you fit the best players in the starting 11? Something they are all going to want.

SAFMUTD

I’m aware his preferred positioning is on the left side but he’s capable of playing both wings and his ability to move around.

With all due respect, I’d suggest you to do more research on him.

Talent wise, he’s meant to be in contention for being one of the best players in the future and I’d rather invest our funds on him.

SANCHO does carry a risk factor of acting up which Fati does not (at least at the moment), and will avoid such situations specially in a foreign country.
On the other hand, SANCHO will take advantage of his national pride and follow his own brand more than the brand of Manchester United.
You are basing your asumption that he can play both wings on exactly on what? He's got 20 games as senior in his career, 17 on the left and 3 on the right.

Sancho is a reality, a proven player. Ansu Fati is far from that, potentially he may be a 100M player, but right now theres a huge risk he can end up being an average player, much greater risk in any case than Sancho acting up.

I cant believe we are discussing this I dont think you can find many posters that agree with you. Spending 100M on Ansu Fati rather than Sancho doesnt even makes sense.

SAFMUTD

No chance we sign Havertz with Pogba still here. How do you fit the best players in the starting 11? Something they are all going to want.
Havertz wouldnt be fighting for Pogbas place, would be fighting Fernandes.

Any way I dont think any club can stop him going to Bayern rather than, maybe, Madrid.

RyRoc

Havertz looks a fantastic prospect but just not sure a side with him and Ziyech works. I’d imagine if you looked at their heat maps they usually operate in similar areas and therefore you’d be asking one of them to go away from what’s made them successful in their career so far. I can see Chelsea going big on another player as it looks like Roman is ready to splash the cash again but I don’t think it will be Havertz

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Havertz wouldnt be fighting for Pogbas place, would be fighting Fernandes.

Any way I dont think any club can stop him going to Bayern rather than, maybe, Madrid.
Yeah not a thing he's going to relish at this point in his career. He has been playing every week and will want to do the same wherever he goes next.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
This doesn't seem to add up from any angle - sounds like we're just being we're being linked with every high profile young winger in Europe. We'll be in for Gaitán again next. :drool:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This doesn't seem to add up from any angle - sounds like we're just being we're being linked with every high profile young winger in Europe. We'll be in for Gaitán again next. :drool:
What’s new?
This has been going on in these particular months since SAF became manager

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Given Barca’s financial issues, I suspect they’d accept 100m for Fati, so they could reinvest elsewhere. There is no way we bid that. Not a snowballs chance in hell.

shahzy

What a complete waste of the best years of his career. Deserves nothing but a farmers league trophy to show for that lack of ambition and that's exactly what he got.

That said, shamelessly I would take him on a 2 year deal or something similar. Strikes me as the kind of player that will be play on until he's around 35 to a decent level.

Edit; It goes totally against the new recruitment model implemented by Ole.
I was just about to say that. What a waste of 8 years. Financially its great for him and his family no doubt. But as a player and legacy, its rubbish. No one will remember Thiago Silva as being one of the best brazillian defenders just due to the fact he played in a shite league for the majority of his career

Status
Not open for further replies.