Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

If there's any truth to this, it can only mean that we have found a buyer for Pogba, which, in the current climate, does not seem especially likely.

Probably just the club/an agent having some fun to get Real Madrid to cough up the necessary funds.

theklr

If there's any truth to this, it can only mean that we have found a buyer for Pogba, which, in the current climate, does not seem especially likely.

Probably just the club/an agent having some fun to get Real Madrid to cough up the necessary funds.
I’d like to think of it more as an replacement for Lingard and Pereira , but guess thats just wishful thinking... sources say that neither the player or the club wants to use us as bait , but if we agreed to that it could be.

kirk buttercup

I would doubt a club like Ajax would do that. I'm pretty confident VdS wouldn't play us . He would be a great signing to replace Both Lingard and Perreira imo, and also could be seen as a replacement for Herrera a year on .

Infra-red

I would doubt a club like Ajax would do that. I'm pretty confident VdS wouldn't play us . He would be a great signing to replace Both Lingard and Perreira imo, and also could be seen as a replacement for Herrera a year on .
I don't see it. We're absolutely stocked with #8s. If we're in the market for midfielders, we'll be looking at a playmaker for the wing and a #6 to replace Matic, long term.

Unless of course we are planning on getting rid of one of the two guaranteed starters in midfield (ie Pogba).

theklr

I don't see it. We're absolutely stocked with #8s. If we're in the market for midfielders, we'll be looking at a playmaker for the wing and a #6 to replace Matic, long term.

Unless of course we are planning on getting rid of one of the two guaranteed starters in midfield (ie Pogba).
Probably, yeah. Pogba leaving in 1-2 years time and VdB is his replacement.

kirk buttercup

I was thinking about this and I dont think he is a replacement for Matic I think Fred and McT will sit in this position going forward . I think he Is more likely to play like Bruno or Pogba , and the idea would to be to have squad depth . Our problem is if Pogba is injured or now Bruno too we dont have players that can rotate,with VDB we could in some matches start with Bruno and Pogba , some with VdB and Bruno etc also if Pogba is to move on while he is not a direct replacement he certainly would fit Oles Ethos and vision I think. Just my opinion but I think if we get VdB and Sancho we all of a sudden look stacked and a very different animal.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Van De Beek or Grealish? Think I'd personally prefer Beek, but that's due to not really rating Grealish as highly as others.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Van De Beek or Grealish? Think I'd personally prefer Beek, but that's due to not really rating Grealish as highly as others.
I don't know if the interest is legit, but Donny van de Beek really would fit United like a glove. If Chelsea get somehow manage to land Havertz + a defender and United get Sancho and van de Beek, I'd say both United and Chelsea are coming for Liverpool's head.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I don't know if the interest is legit, but Donny van de Beek really would fit United like a glove. If Chelsea get somehow manage to land Havertz + a defender and United get Sancho and van de Beek, I'd say both United and Chelsea are coming for Liverpool's head.
If he's willing to be a rotation option he'd be a great fit for replacing Lingard and Pereria. Meaning we could rest Pogba or Fernandes without losing too much.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

Not necessarily. Pogba is in an odd situation contract wise. It's up next summer, although we have the option to extend if we want for another year.

Either way, it's not an ideal negotiating stand point. It's clear he wants out.

If there is any truth in our move for VDB, then I think it'll be down to the fact we're fated to move Pogba on for a loss - whenever that is - and getting in replacement(s) early/in the current market dip may be means of offsetting that.

theklr

If they were at the same pricetag I'd definately prefer Grealish, but getting De Beek at maybe half the price is a no-brainer.

Can imagine De Beek has more of a OGS mindset as well (hardworking, humble and not prone to stupid offpitch drama).

Someone compared him to Park and I think personally that is quite a fitting comparison.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Imagine being an Ajax fan and seeing basically your entire first XI be picked apart piece by piece over the span of 1 year. De Light, De Jong, Ziyech all gone, Van De Beek, Tagliafico, and Dest soon. Yikes! :nervous:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Imagine being an Ajax fan and seeing basically your entire first XI be picked apart piece by piece over the span of 1 year. De Light, De Jong, Ziyech all gone, Van De Beek, Tagliafico, and Dest soon. Yikes! :nervous:
That has been happening for 25 years and they're used to it now. Ajax fans are looking forward to the next batch of players coming through the academy like Unuvar, Taylor, Hansen, Gravenberch etc.

SweetRightFoot

I’m aware his preferred positioning is on the left side but he’s capable of playing both wings and his ability to move around.

With all due respect, I’d suggest you to do more research on him.

Talent wise, he’s meant to be in contention for being one of the best players in the future and I’d rather invest our funds on him.

SANCHO does carry a risk factor of acting up which Fati does not (at least at the moment), and will avoid such situations specially in a foreign country.
On the other hand, SANCHO will take advantage of his national pride and follow his own brand more than the brand of Manchester United.
So Sancho will have behavioural issues and won't work as hard for the club because he's English? Some of the worst stuff I've ever read on here, seriously.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Circle of life, though. They’ll scoop up all the best young talents into their academy and the cycle continues.

They’ve had about 3 years of dominance in the Eredivisie at the moment, PSV had about the same before that. Seems to go in spurts between the two. PSV had Depay, Bergwijn, Arias, Lozano, Angelino, Luuk de Jong etc.

Robertd0803

Seems to happen on a regular basis every few years. It does seem there is more on the move this time than normal though.

sparx99

If we could have Van de Beek, Havertz and Sancho come in then I don’t mind Pogba going to Real Madrid.

That’s my offer Utd Board. Take it or leave it!

Deery

Dreary
If we could have Van de Beek, Havertz and Sancho come in then I don’t mind Pogba going to Real Madrid.

That’s my offer Utd Board. Take it or leave it!
I’d like to go on a date with Holly Willoughby as well...

She can take it or leave it..

gza the genius

If he's willing to be a rotation option he'd be a great fit for replacing Lingard and Pereria. Meaning we could rest Pogba or Fernandes without losing too much.
This. I think the idea would be for Pogba and Bruno to start most games but from what I’ve gathered DVDB can play all across midfield so he’d be able to replace one of them or play deeper if necessary as well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mark Ogden: Unlike Liverpool, United have money to spend this summer and have deep pockets. Despite announcing last month that the club's net debt now stands at £429.1m, they are also operating with cash reserves of £90.3m, so United are well placed to take advantage of a market that will inevitably see transfer fees plummet in the wake of the coronavirus crisis.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soc...-title?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

RedDevilRoshi

Mark Ogden: Unlike Liverpool, United have money to spend this summer and have deep pockets. Despite announcing last month that the club's net debt now stands at £429.1m, they are also operating with cash reserves of £90.3m, so United are well placed to take advantage of a market that will inevitably see transfer fees plummet in the wake of the coronavirus crisis.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soc...-title?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true
If that is true then I hope we do take advantage of this opportunity. Chelsea are already looking proactive already when the window isn’t even open in getting a deal done for Werner and it looks like they are certainly trying to close the gap on the top two. Something that I hope we do if we do indeed have “deep pockets” as suggested above.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sport is tier 4.
We generally discourage content from aggregator sites. If they are citing news from another site, then go to that site and post a tweet from there (as long as its not blacklisted here).

Also, the Reddit tiered list is there for reference only. We don't endorse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.