Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

theklr

Feel like we should pay more attention to this. There has been a debate on whether VdB/Grealish are being targeted as Pogba's replacement or as solid squad options. This is a very reliable journalist saying those players are dependent on Pogba's future
I think we would get VdB nomatter if the price is around the quoted €40-45 mill.

Graelish is too expensive until relegation.

vanderpants

Aren’t we one of the biggest spenders is world football? You sound spoilt :nono:
no you didn't understand me, if you believe the press every decent football player on the planet would have signed for us and definitely not spoilt, i use to attend every utd game in the 80s so saw a lot of crap

Adnan

Talent Spotter

It's been mentioned a number of time before. But I'm hoping we make a move for Zaniolo with Smalling going the other way.

Cliche Guevara

Grealish or Havertz along with Sancho if he's correct.

Does he say that as surely it’s Grealish or Havertz (are we genuinely saying they’re in the same bracket?) instead of Sancho.

Otherwise that’s pretty bonkers money. Which, I’m sure like everyone else, I fecking like.

Edit to add: given the post immediately above I think it’s Sancho or Havertz or Van de Beek or Grealish. Depending on who we sign Bruno gets punted to right forward.

RUCK4444

Sancho plus either one of those is an absolute dreamland scenario. It would transform us into serious title contenders, just seems to good to be true though.
Agree, we should commit to this window and take the opportunity.

There happens to be some top quality players available at a time that I feel is opportune for us to bridge the gap to the top. I just hope Ed and Ole see it that way and spend what we need to now to get these players over the line and put us right back into contention.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Does he say that as surely it’s Grealish or Havertz (are we genuinely saying they’re in the same bracket?) instead of Sancho.

Otherwise that’s pretty bonkers money. Which, I’m sure like everyone else, I fecking like.
He's been saying Havertz is a target for several months now along with Grealish. But it's a 'either or' situation with both players. Sancho is the number 1 target.

I think what will happen is that we will probably have the funds to sign Sancho and then it will come down to if we have enough money for either Havertz or Grealish. If not then we'll probably try to sign VdB from Ajax who will potentially cost significantly less. I feel one of the 3 scenarios below will happen.

Sancho, Havertz

Sancho, Grealish

Sancho, VdK

Riz

Do people really think there’s a possibility we’ll sign Sancho and Havertz while Pogba stays this summer? We’re talking £150-200m for those 2.

I think we’ll target 1 big signing with Sancho being the priority, if someone like Grealish or VDB can be acquired for a cut price then that may also be explored. Certainly don’t think we’ll be making 2 superstar signings this summer all things considered.

cyberman

Do people really think there’s a possibility we’ll sign Sancho and Havertz while Pogba stays this summer? We’re talking £150-200m for those 2.

I think we’ll target 1 big signing with Sancho being the priority, if someone like Grealish or VDB can be acquired for a cut price then that may also be explored. Certainly don’t think we’ll be making 2 superstar signings this summer all things considered.
I think we get one summer like this in our lifetime. Free reign to sign almost anybody we want. We have to take advantage of it even if it means singing nobody next summer ala Liverpool with VVD and Allison

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Sancho and Havertz would be our best window since maybe 07. That summer felt like something massive was happening. Ando and Nani so highly touted. We were crying out for the likes of Hargreaves and then Tevez the ultimate cherry on top.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Neither Sancho and Havertz should be viewed as superstars. Messi and Ronaldo are superstars and have proven it at the highest level with numerous goal contributions and titles over several years consistently.

Sancho and Havertz are potentially star players. And if United pushed the boat out alittle, a double deal for both could be a possibility. Both players also have huge resale value so it could be seen as a risk worth taking.

-Supreme-

In
Sancho - £100m
Havertz - £70m

Out
Lingard - £10m
Andreas - £15m
Smalling - £15m
Henderson - £30m (with buyback clause)

Net spend - £100m, I haven't even included Dalot, and Jones in the list which could get us £20m combined

Not saying this is likely to happen but I don't think it's as outrageous as we all think

theklr

Sancho plus either one of those is an absolute dreamland scenario. It would transform us into serious title contenders, just seems to good to be true though.
Yeah, im pretty sure it is exactly that :/

But it is strange as most other rumours are saying that Havertz is a backup for Sancho. No way we are using another £100 mill if we get Sancho, for a position that is not absolutely necessary. And it will also bring us in abit risky territory economy wise. Maybe if we get him for like £60 mill., but that is not very likely at all.

Graelish I only think is possible if Villa is relegated and we dont go for VdB.

ShinjiNinja26

Yeah, im pretty sure it is exactly that :/

But it is interesting as most other rumours are saying that Havertz is a backup for Sancho. No way we are using another £100 mill if we get Sancho, for a position that is not absolutely necessary. And it will also bring us in abit risky territory economy wise.

Graelish I only think is possible if Villa is relegated and we dont go for VdB.
Aye. Sancho is defo our no.1 target this window for the RW position. It’s not a case of either/or between him and the others. As we know Utd work on a first, second and third choice system for targets in each position and for the AM position we’ve identified Havertz, Grealish and Van de Beek in that order I assume so we’ll work down that list if one becomes to difficult to sign.

I think though that’s based on Pogba leaving as Havertz and Grealish(if Villa stay up) would cost to much to justify being a back up option and probably wouldn’t want to join for that reason. I think VDB though for the price may be an option for us even if Pogba does stay as a Lingard/Pereira replacement just for the price being quoted and may be more willing to fight it out for a starting position. Maybe wrong about that part though.

theklr

Aye. Sancho is defo our no.1 target this window for the RW position. It’s not a case of either/or between him and the others. As we know Utd work on a first, second and third choice system for targets in each position and for the AM position we’ve identified Havertz, Grealish and Van de Beek in that order I assume so we’ll work down that list if one becomes to difficult to sign.

I think though that’s based on Pogba leaving as Havertz and Grealish(if Villa stay up) would cost to much to justify being a back up option and probably wouldn’t want to join for that reason. I think VDB though for the price may be an option for us even if Pogba does stay as a Lingard/Pereira replacement just for the price being quoted and may be more willing to fight it out for a starting position. Maybe wrong about that part though.
Yeah, a cheap VdB as a Lingard/Pereira replacement makes alot of sense

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
In
Sancho - £100m
Havertz - £70m

Out
Lingard - £10m
Andreas - £15m
Smalling - £15m

Net spend - £100m, I haven't even included Dalot, and Jones in the list which could get us £20m combined

Not saying this is likely to happen but I don't think it's as outrageous as we all think
Its about as likely to happen as Liverpool losing the final 9 games.

The transfer window really does a number of our fans. Hahahahaha

Mr Smith

In
Sancho - £100m
Havertz - £70m

Out
Lingard - £10m
Andreas - £15m
Smalling - £15m

No way we get those players for those prices.

For that matter, why do we need to bother trying to get Havertz? Pogba isn't going anywhere this summer, and there's a good chance no-one will have the money to pay what Leverkusen are asking. Lets prioritise Sancho, and if Havertz is still available in 6-12 months, go again.

I also think we'd be very fortunate to offload as many as 4 players this summer. People are massively underestimating how strapped for cash most clubs will be.

Cliche Guevara

What about Bruno?

And Pogba doesn’t play attacking midfield...

ShinjiNinja26

What about Bruno?

And Pogba doesn’t play attacking midfield...
Bruno I see as more of a no.8 than a 10. I know Pogba isn’t really a no.10 either but with all the uncertainty surrounding him he’s most likely to be sold this window for big money and I can only see us spending big on midfield if he was to leave as it would give us more funds plus leave a position open.

theklr

Bruno I see as more of a no.8 than a 10. I know Pogba isn’t really a no.10 either but with all the uncertainty surrounding him he’s most likely to be sold this window for big money and I can only see us spending big on midfield if he was to leave as it would give us more funds plus leave a position open.
Pogba wont get sold this window, I guarantee you. Not unless Real wins the lottery.

El Zoido

In
Sancho - £100m
Havertz - £70m

Out
Lingard - £10m
Andreas - £15m
Smalling - £15m

Problem is we can’t spend that money until we’ve sold those players. And Woody will spend most of the summer haggling over the price of one of them let alone all four.

ShinjiNinja26

Pogba wont get sold this window, I guarantee you. Not unless Real wins the lottery.
I tend to agree but I just don’t see where the likes of a Havertz fits in if Pogba doesn’t leave. He’s to good to be a back up and If we play a midfield 3 Bruno and Pogba defo start and the only space up for grabs is the DM position which Havertz doesn’t play.

theklr

Problem is we can’t spend that money until we’ve sold those players. And Woody will spend most of the summer haggling over the price of one of them let alone all four.
We can, we have £230 mill. available.
I dont know how much of that is set aside for future Covid loss though.

Mr Smith

We absolutely get Sancho and Havertz for a combined £170m. It’s pretty much bang on the money for the two.
Don't see how you figure that. United pay a premium for most players. Havertz has about five clubs interested, which means Leverkusen can hike up the price and engineer a bidding war. Meanwhile the prices quoted for Sancho to date have been well in excess of 100mil, and I don't get the sense Dortmund particularly need to sell for financial reasons.

caid

I think we should be going for a dm over a havertz / grealish / VDB. Unless Pogba goes, then it just makes sense to reinvest the money.

theklr

I think we should be going for a dm over a havertz / grealish / VDB. Unless Pogba goes, then it just makes sense to reinvest the money.
Seems Ole doesnt believe in DM’s , even if he uses Matic alot. :confused:

Infra-red

We can, we have £230 mill. available.
I dont know how much of that is set aside for future Covid loss though.
Don't forget that £184m (not including add-ons) has to be set aside for transfers that have already happened. Even if we sign no more players, that money all has to be paid in less than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.