Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I honestly think its because they know Sancho is United bound since they would have been right in the middle of negotiations and they know they need to spend big to keep up.
We could have 4 genuinely great sides in the league next year
Contenders I'd say. You have to prove you're a great side

Teja

More of does Ole want him back, rather than he can probably do a job.
I think commitment to the club should be the bar rather than youth or whatever else. Arteta has been treating that tightrope fairly well, I think Ole can too if Sanchez proves his desire. I do think that ship has sailed though, doubt he's interested in being a backup to Greenwood / Rashford / New RW. Still think he can offer more than James who seems to have been signed for that role.

Teja

Whoa looks like Chelsea will contend next year and we'll push a bit but fall short of an actual challenge as well. Pep and Klopp have some real competition now, will be interesting to see if they stick around for a few more years or if they'll leave after a bad season.

cyberman

Contenders I'd say. You have to prove you're a great side
Thats true. Even then contenders might not prove anything since the league is so poor at the minute that a top quality, top heavy side can run through teams on plan A alone

RUCK4444

Surely want a title challenge next year, looks like they're spending close to £200m this window
United HAVE to spend the same. This is the window that will make or break the next 2-3 years imo.

We are at that point where the right signings could make us challengers, the wrong ones (or general lack of signings) could see us regress back into the abyss of the last 6 years.

RUCK4444

Our expensive defenders haven't fared much better
Just saying though, Pep doesn’t set the bar when it comes to assembling defences.

I think with the right partner for Maguire we have one of the better defences in the league.

Edit: For that price though Ake is worth taking for sure.

RedDevilRoshi

Would rather they signed some like Nathan Ake instead of a Kalidou Koulibaly, Ibrahima Konate, Dayot Umpecano

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea & Man United will both be title challengers next season. Likely a season too early for either to win it, but should at the very least make things much trickier for Liverpool and City. Think Spurs and Arsenal will be left far behind by the top 4.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Chelsea & Man United will both be title challengers next season. Likely a season too early for either to win it, but should at the very least make things much trickier for Liverpool and City. Think Spurs and Arsenal will be left far behind by the top 4.
Yup I agree. United and Chelsea have teams full of top young talent and even though next year I expect both to push close, I think it's a year too soon, but with development the year after, I think both will be right up there.

City have a rebuilding job on their hands, and Liverpool has quite a few players nearing 30 as is, so will be interesting.

crossy1686

career ending

Jadon Sancho want to leave Borussia Dortmund this summer. He is homesick, he doesn't want to stay here anymore. It is difficult to say whether he would go on strike like Dembele, but the pressure on the BVB is extremely increased [Sky Germany]

United58

There will be some dosh as well. Player swaps don't often happen but I can see Barkley at West Ham.
They're actually becoming more common due to FFP and the price of players in general, I can see there being a few this window over corona (Barca and Juve already did one very dodgy one!)

crossy1686

career ending
They're actually becoming more common due to FFP and the price of players in general, I can see there being a few this window over corona (Barca and Juve already did one very dodgy one!)
I think we'll see a feck ton this summer with the COVID impact on finances. Promising youth players being swapped for first teamer's everywhere

Hephaestus

Jadon Sancho want to leave Borussia Dortmund this summer. He is homesick, he doesn't want to stay here anymore. It is difficult to say whether he would go on strike like Dembele, but the pressure on the BVB is extremely increased [Sky Germany]
:drool:

I don't want him to go on strike like Dembele did but I'm glad he's pushing for the move to happen and not just waiting to see if a bid comes in.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I am envious of how little fuss there is when it comes to Chelsea’s transfer business. They never seem to have the interminable sagas that United do. I suspect we are waiting to get CL football confirmed whereas Roman will bankroll Lampard irrespective.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Let's see who United sign first, and how your lot gel.
Way too early to judge that we'll make up what is a huge points differential.

3KDré

I am a bit confused about Fabrizio Romano. If he works for Di Marzio, who is no longer considered reliable, why is Romano still a tier 1?

izec

I am a bit confused about Fabrizio Romano. If he works for Di Marzio, who is no longer considered reliable, why is Romano still a tier 1?
Since when is Di Marzio unreliable? He is pretty good, not 100%, but for transfer gossip still very useful.

crossy1686

career ending
I am envious of how little fuss there is when it comes to Chelsea’s transfer business. They never seem to have the interminable sagas that United do. I suspect we are waiting to get CL football confirmed whereas Roman will bankroll Lampard irrespective.
Chelsea don't sell papers like United do. There's probably minimal fuss when we sign a player as well but a whole lot of nonsense from the press

Rolaholic

Romano hasn't worked with DiMarzio in a while, he works for the Guardian now and he's actually proven to be a bit more reliable than him these last few transfer windows

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
How dareth you speak of Di Marzio that way? A little respect should you show oh little one.

gajender

Since when is Di Marzio unreliable? He is pretty good, not 100%, but for transfer gossip still very useful.
No he isn't and nor is Bouhafsi , I know English journalist get lot of grief here but they still are best source of transfer information when it comes to English Clubs.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Far too soon for United to be title challengers. We're in good form,minor Sunday,and have a good 11 but the bench options are just too poor. The drop in quality is embarrassing,tbh.

Minor Sancho I expect a really quiet transfer window for us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Beyond mainstream media, Chelsea's transfers for Werner was quite extended compared to, say, Ziyech. Even Havertz has become a saga with Leverkusen not budging from their demands (the only positive progress for them is that Havertz has agreed a deal). Even Pulisic's transfer wasn't so quiet. Part of the reason Chelsea's transfers aren't under the spotlight is because we get more mainstream attention and United fans will follow United transfer stories more closely.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Chelsea don't sell papers like United do. There's probably minimal fuss when we sign a player as well but a whole lot of nonsense from the press
That may be the case.

But it also looks like they already have three brilliant signings over the line.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Beyond mainstream media, Chelsea's transfers for Werner was quite extended compared to, say, Ziyech. Even Havertz has become a saga with Leverkusen not budging from their demands (the only positive progress for them is that Havertz has agreed a deal). Even Pulisic's transfer wasn't so quiet. Part of the reason Chelsea's transfers aren't under the spotlight is because we get more mainstream attention and United fans will follow United transfer stories more closely.
Perhaps.

But as I have said, it looks like they have three brilliant signings over the line.

Not getting too stressed as our season hasn’t finished, but their speed is noteworthy.

izec

No he isn't and nor is Bouhafsi , I know English journalist get lot of grief here but they still are best source of transfer information when it comes to English Clubs.
Because some report only when the deal is as good as done, while other report more beginning stages of a transfer. There are always two sides, but if an Italian club is selling to England or English club selling to Italy, Di Marzio is great. Same for Bouhafsi and France. Nobody is 100%, unless they report more or less done deals like Simon Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.