Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

United58

Chelsea & Man United will both be title challengers next season. Likely a season too early for either to win it, but should at the very least make things much trickier for Liverpool and City. Think Spurs and Arsenal will be left far behind by the top 4.
We only challenge with Sancho, quality depth and luck with injuries. Huge ask with Glazers and our fitness issues the past decade (though Ole is allegedly addressing that by making our players fitter)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Beyond mainstream media, Chelsea's transfers for Werner was quite extended compared to, say, Ziyech. Even Havertz has become a saga with Leverkusen not budging from their demands (the only positive progress for them is that Havertz has agreed a deal). Even Pulisic's transfer wasn't so quiet. Part of the reason Chelsea's transfers aren't under the spotlight is because we get more mainstream attention and United fans will follow United transfer stories more closely.
Bingo!

I seldom feel like Chelsea have swiftly wrapped up a transfer with minimum fuss. That's because I follow all the Chelsea journos on social media and they will report every minute detail.This Havertz deal feels like it has dragged on for months and months.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Perhaps.

But as I have said, it looks like they have three brilliant signings over the line.

Not getting too stressed as our season hasn’t finished, but their speed is noteworthy.
To be fair, they've been working on both the Werner and Havertz transfers for a while. It's not like they recently showed their interest and started pursuing the players. The mainstream media only caught on to the movements later on, but they've been linked for a while.

M16Red

Jadon Sancho want to leave Borussia Dortmund this summer. He is homesick, he doesn't want to stay here anymore. It is difficult to say whether he would go on strike like Dembele, but the pressure on the BVB is extremely increased [Sky Germany]
Hey Jude! Sometimes blighty isn't half bad.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Kept reading in his thread on here that he's not good enough for Ole but he's good enough for Pep? Interesting
He's a classy player and Ole was clearly tapping him up on the pitch the other week! Hope we are also in for him too.

croadyman

Far too soon for United to be title challengers. We're in good form,minor Sunday,and have a good 11 but the bench options are just too poor. The drop in quality is embarrassing,tbh.

Minor Sancho I expect a really quiet transfer window for us.
Still confident we will get a CB and either Grealish/VDB too after making some player sales

Cliche Guevara

Can we not just ban any references to ‘tier x’ journos?

feck Reddit and their shitey reliability list. They’re the last clowns we need to be listening to in regards to this.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can't help but feel Chelsea are doing what we hoped we'd do. Really making the most of this window and market.
I keep seeing this kind of message crop up. It's not looking at the situation fairly at all.

You have to remember we've signed AWB, Maguire, James n Bruno for massive money whilst they haven't been able to sign anyone. So this summer for them is basically two summers combined. They also sold Hazard n Morata too which makes their coffers even deeper.

If anyone was expecting us to have a better window than Chelsea this year they were living in cloud cuckoo land. They are basically out on their own this summer for the reasons stated above.

pascell

Hirst has done a similar article in which he says Henderson will go back out on loan to Sheff Utd or a team playing CL/EL if we don't give him assurances about next season. He also says we're in talks with him about a new contract too.

By the sounds of it he really wants to become Uniteds no.1 which is a great mentality to have.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I keep seeing this kind of message crop up. It's not looking at the situation fairly at all.

You have to remember we've signed AWB, Maguire, James n Bruno for massive money whilst they haven't been able to sign anyone. So this summer for them is basically two summers combined. They also sold Hazard n Morata too which makes their coffers even deeper.

If anyone was expecting us to have a better window than Chelsea this year they were living in cloud cuckoo land. They are basically out on their own this summer for the reasons stated above.
Exactly.

NotQuiteManc

How much per week was it? 120k or something? Im glad United is on the road of giving more suitable contract offers to the players, especially young ones.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. All this bravado about Frank giving their youth a chance is obviously nonsense. He's had no choice but play them this season. Zieych, Werner and now looks like Havertz coming in as well. How long did it last Frank? They are a fantasy football club and always have been since Roman bought them. They will never enjoy their fruits of their great academy as they are simply not patient enough to do what we do with likes of Rashford, Greenwood etc. They just go for ready made superstars at first opportunity.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. All this bravado about Frank giving their youth a chance is obviously nonsense. He's had no choice but play them this season. Zieych, Werner and now looks like Havertz coming in as well. How long did it last Frank? They are a fantasy football club and always have been since Roman bought them. They will never enjoy their fruits of their great academy as they are simply not patient enough to do what we do with likes of Rashford, Greenwood etc. They just go for ready made superstars at first opportunity.
Are you saying he hasn't given them a chance? He's obviously had a choice. Let's not pretend it was immediately clear to everyone that Mount would be picked ahead of Kovacic, Jorginho, and Abraham ahead of Giroud/Michy etc. I can almost guarantee Sarri or Conte in the same situation at the start of this season would have predominantly gone with a team that looks like this;

Kepa
Azpi Christensen Rudiger Alonso/Emerson
Kante Jorginho Kovacic
Pedro Giroud/Michy Willian

Chelsea fans were rioting on social media last season when Sarri refused to even glance at Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi for league games despite them lighting up the Europa League.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Are you saying he hasn't given them a chance? He's obviously had a choice. Let's not pretend it was immediately clear to everyone that Mount would be picked ahead of Kovacic, Jorginho, and Abraham ahead of Giroud/Michy etc. I can almost guarantee Sarri or Conte in the same situation at the start of this season would have predominantly gone with a team that looks like this;

Kepa
Azpi Christensen Rudiger Alonso/Emerson
Kante Jorginho Kovacic
Pedro Giroud/Michy Willian

Chelsea fans were rioting on social media last season when Sarri refused to even glance at Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi for league games despite them lighting up the Europa League.
Assuming you do sign Havertz......what do you think your front 6 will be next season when they are all available?

--------------------------------Kante----Kovacic

----------------Ziyech-----------Havertz----------Pullisic

--------------------------------------Werner

It looks fantastic no question but where do Mount, Abraham, CHO etc fit it? They don't do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.