Rojo - £6m
Dalot - £12m
Lingard - £20m
Pereira - £10m
Mata - £8m
Sanchez - £10m
Jones - £5m
Total = £83m

I think this is a realistic expectation with all the clearing out. We probably won't get more than 80m in total.

Our total next expenditure will probably be £180m. Good enough for 3 solid players in my view.

Last edited:

croadyman

Smalling - £8m
Rojo - £6m
Dalot - £12m
Lingard - £20m
Pereira - £14m
Mata - £8m
Sanchez - £10m
Jones - £5m
Total = £83m

I think this is a realistic expectation with all the clearing out. We probably won't get more than 80m in total.

Our total next expenditure will probably be £180m. Good enough for 3 solid players in my view.
Swap around Smalling & Andreas figures

peridigm

Smalling - £12m
Rojo - £6m
Dalot - £12m
Lingard - £20m
Pereira - £10m
Mata - £8m
Sanchez - £10m
Jones - £5m
Total = £83m

I think we could get £20m for Smalling but £12m for Lingard. Be surprised if we offload all this window but one can dream. Dare I say it but I'd have Smalling back for cover if we're not signing a CB this window and manage to sell Rojo and Jones.

VanGaalyTime

I wouldn't go anywhere near him at that price.
There are much better players than Grealish available at half the price in leagues across Europe. Look at how well Allain St. Max has done for Newcastle. He's the kind of option available for about 20m (probably less now with pandemic pricing) in France, Spain and Italy. No sense to go for Grealish at anything above 50 when our attack is already good enough if we get Sancho.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
PSG have been doing a ton of work behind the scenes to secure their promising young players, and they've secured one with El Chadaille Bitshiabu.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Lille?!

Angel, Fire your advisors out of a cannon. You could have gone anywhere, on a goddamn loan! With more money!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Lille?!

Angel, Fire your advisors out of a cannon. You could have gone anywhere, on a goddamn loan! With more money!
Hes been asking to go on loan for the past 2 years and was blocked everytime

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Lille president Gerard Lopez confirms that Gabriel can leave the club if he so chooses.

Original source: L'Equipe

Quote:
We have other offers on other players, but we haven’t spoken to their players. With Gabriel, we are talking and we’ve given him an exit pass. He will choose his club this week.
L'Equipe mention that Everton are leading the race, but I wouldn't necessarily trust them on that.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Hes been asking to go on loan for the past 2 years and was blocked everytime
Angel Gomes asked to be loaned out when he was 16? To where? The only mention of a loan I can think of is when he tried to leave on a loan in January to play first team football. The club denied him because his contract situation was unresolved. Players leave on loan to be developed by the loanee club, not simply to play elsewhere and run the contract out.

if Angel had been under contract his request would very likely have been granted. This is 100% on him.

Edit: i found reports about the move being blocked in January 2019 as well. The obvious takeaway from that is that the preference was to keep him at the club and develop him there. Unlike many of his fellow youth academy players, he's just not grabbed the chance when being given one. Would it have been better? Hard to say, he could have had a terrible loan move for all we know, but we do know that it didn't work out here.

Fact of the matter remains that Angel has shown nothing that warrants the contract he was offered, yet he was being offered one because the staff here believed in him. Now its up to him to prove that throwing that chance away will benefit him in the long run.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Manchester United are pursuing France U16 international Willy Kambwala from Sochaux.

Translations:
1st Tweet:
Manchester United have submitted their first offer to Sochaux for Willy Kamblawa (born in 2004). They've offered just short of 1 million Euros. Our colleagues from L'Equipe have revealed that the club have been following the French U16 international central defender for several weeks.

2nd Tweet:
Sochaux don't want to part ways with their defender and have proposed a project to him with a professional contract offer in the upcoming weeks. The player and his team are now considering all options.

Sigma

Lille?!

I think he's made the right decision. Loaned players can easily enter a stage of limbo where they are consistently loaned out. Also, with loans, sometimes the club doesn't play them that much because they want to play their own players and have the loaned player as a back up, so there is lack of development. Going to a club where you will consistently get minutes at that age is very important. If that's Lille, then think it will be a good choice.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Angel Gomes asked to be loaned out when he was 16? To where? The only mention of a loan I can think of is when he tried to leave on a loan in January to play first team football. The club denied him because his contract situation was unresolved. Players leave on loan to be developed by the loanee club, not simply to play elsewhere and run the contract out.

if Angel had been under contract his request would very likely have been granted. This is 100% on him.

Edit: i found reports about the move being blocked in January 2019 as well. The obvious takeaway from that is that the preference was to keep him at the club and develop him there. Unlike many of his fellow youth academy players, he's just not grabbed the chance when being given one. Would it have been better? Hard to say, he could have had a terrible loan move for all we know, but we do know that it didn't work out here.

Fact of the matter remains that Angel has shown nothing that warrants the contract he was offered, yet he was being offered one because the staff here believed in him. Now its up to him to prove that throwing that chance away will benefit him in the long run.
I'd be inclined to side with the club on blocking loan moves. It may just be my perception but it seems that more often than not we loan promising players to other clubs and they hinder, rather than help, their development.

GBBQ

Angel Gomes asked to be loaned out when he was 16? To where?
Assuming that the past 2 years were the 2019 and 2018 summer transfer window, then Gomes was just turning 18 at the end of the 2018 window (born on 31st August 2000).

Tom Van Persie

No relation

And even if everything went swimmingly in this transfer window, there is no chance of United acquiring five quality players over the coming months. At best, they may get three in, and even that might be optimistic unless they get creative, lucky or the structure of any deal with Borussia Dortmund for the £100 million-rated England winger, Jadon Sancho, Solskjaer’s priority target, is backended with performance related payments and frees up cash, and the club has success offloading Alexis Sánchez from the wage bill and raising funds through the sales of a glut of fringe or unwanted players.

Could, for example, United raise £60m for the likes of Jesse Lingard, Chris Smalling, Diogo Dalot and Phil Jones while pushing Marcos Rojo out of the door and relieving themselves of Sánchez’s £400,000 a week basic wages?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Fact of the matter is he is better to leave than stay here and wait for a loan that could again get blocked.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ducker is usually spot on with our business. Three signings at best and we need sales to have a chance of that happening.

Mark Pawelek

Manchester United are pursuing France U16 international Willy Kambwala from Sochaux.

Translations:
Manchester United made an initial offer to Sochaux for Willy Kambwala (born: 2004) of less than €1 million. The central defender, an U-16 international, has been followed by the United for several weeks; as reported by L'Equipe. Sochaux don't plan to let him go and offered him a professional contract. The player and his advisors are mulling it over.

croadyman

Absolutely. The difference between our depth and even the City bench is staggering
Yeah that is why we need a situation where we can call on Greenwood if Sancho isn't having a good game or Grealish if it's not coming off at all for either Pogba/Bruno.

georgipep

Fact of the matter is he is better to leave than stay here and wait for a loan that could again get blocked.
Sure, and I hope it works out for him at Lille or wherever he ends up. But if it doesn't, then he will have made such a massive mistake leaving the club. He had credit in the bank at Manchester United because he was an academy product. And even after him showing no reason to warrant a place in the first team, he was offered a good contract. Now, if he fails to make an impression at Lille he would have to think about going on loan in Ligue 2 or something similar. That's not wise if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.