Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Moyes said more-or-less exactly the same thing in 2013 - agents were apparently calling us up, desperate to get their players into the club. In reality, this happened:

Transfer deadline day humiliation left Old Trafford club looking indecisive and ill-informed and supporters wanting answers

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/03/manchester-united-david-moyes-transfer-window

Champions of England but United were left a laughing stock in the transfer window with Moyes missing out on his top targets

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ted-summer-2013-transfer-window-disaster.html
Moyes couldn't get his head past his former Everton players and Fabregas at Barca. Tiago went to Bayern because Moyes wasn't sure about him. Strootman was another Fergie target that Moyes vetoed.

The problem was that Moyes suffered from tunnel vision and we missed out on some cracking players.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Moyes couldn't get his head past his former Everton players and Fabregas at Barca. Tiago went to Bayern because Moyes wasn't sure about him. Strootman was another Fergie target that Moyes vetoed.

The problem was that Moyes suffered from tunnel vision and we missed out on some cracking players.
You are forgetting that it was Woodward's first year at the club too, it's easy to try and put it all on Moyes, it's convenient, but with the benefit of hindsight Moyes hasn't been here for years now and we're still 'missing out on some cracking players'. Woodward is still here.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You are forgetting that it was Woodward's first year at the club too, it's easy to try and put it all on Moyes, it's convenient, but with the benefit of hindsight Moyes hasn't been here for years now and we're still 'missing out on some cracking players'. Woodward is still here.
Woodward had worked with Gill for a while before he took sole charge with a new manager who quite frankly was out of his depth.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Woodward had worked with Gill for a while before he took sole charge with a new manager who quite frankly was out of his depth.
Flip the coin and Moyes was Fergie's man, it's known that he's been contacting Ferguson during his tenure, surely would've told him which players to get.

We're not gonna know which one it was, are we?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Flip the coin and Moyes was Fergie's man, it's known that he's been contacting Ferguson during his tenure, surely would've told him which players to get.
Like he retained his coaching staff?

Have a really hard time seeing any manager asking others to tell them what players to get.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

We're not gonna know which one it was, are we?
I'm going off what was reported by Ducker, Taylor, etc. Fergie left a list of targets that included Thiago, Strootman, Ander Herrera and Moyes couldn't make up his mind and we ended up with Fellaini on deadline day paying an extra 4 million.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Lyon's Moussa Dembele also being linked. If that's the level we're shopping at I have little hope.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
1. Pick team 1
2. Pick team 2
3. Pick player from either team
4. Pick one major European city

Congratulations you have now created a transfer rumour.
Okay let's try it...

Chelsea and Napoli officials are meeting in Lisbon to discuss the possible transfer of Insigne.

How did I do?

In Rainbows

I remember being very impressed by Dembele at youth level. Thought he was the only striker better than our Wilson at the time. Had a better goal scoring record and superior technique. If you compare him to Lacazette at the same age in Ligue 1, they're similar.

Hoof the ball

I remember being very impressed by Dembele at youth level. Thought he was the only striker better than our Wilson at the time. Had a better goal scoring record and superior technique. If you compare him to Lacazette at the same age in Ligue 1, they're similar.
Isn't that kind of the issue? Youtube videos reading, "the new Lacazatte". I mean, the original Lacazette isn't that good himself that it would put us anywhere near Liverpool or City.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I think if we're going to sell Lukaku, it'd be good to get a more experienced striker.

Honestly, I have no clue what Dembele is like as a player and I don't know how much he has progressed since joining Lyon, he certainly isn't talked about much anyway.

But, in general, with youth comes inconsistency. We know that all too well with our current options. For all I know, Dembele plays consistently well and with great maturity but I struggle to believe selling Lukaku and buying Dembele would do anything other than give us a small bit more money to play with.

Jacob

Okay let's try it...

Chelsea and Napoli officials are meeting in Lisbon to discuss the possible transfer of Insigne.

How did I do?
United and Barca official are meeting in Manchester to discuss the possible transfer of Young.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Christ, I had completely forgotten about all that first list second list stuff.

Not that shit again..

cyberman

500m propaganda nonsense.
Barca don't happen to have one foot in the CL final do they?....

Sanche7

Can we please ban this AS Marca propaganda shite, they lack any sort of credibility and sounds more like Real Madrid erotica fans can jerk off to rather than proper reporting
I just don't find any interest in reading their fan fiction

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Barella has 1 goal and 2 assist in 31 Seria A games this season. He's supposed to be quite attacking and creative too.

Is that really how far we have sunk?
Carrick never had the greatest numbers either, but he was involved in a lot of the passes that made the assists. Stats aren't everything.

Wayne's World

When I see Van De Beek play I just can't shake the feeling he's the new Davy Klassen.
I never seen Davy Klassen do what Van De Beek can do. He's a modern day footballer with attributes that would help any team. His passing and his movement to get into dangerous positions is second to none

pacifictheme

I never seen Davy Klassen do what Van De Beek can do. He's a modern day footballer with attributes that would help any team. His passing and his movement to get into dangerous positions is second to none
Better passing and movement than messi?

Wayne's World

Better passing and movement than messi?
Well both players play in different positions.....I'm just saying I have been hugely impressed with him since watching him this season, funny enough I have seen him play in Holland and he seems to play better the bigger the game then he would against the likes of Vitesse and Utrecht.

nycender

One of the biggest disappointments in the history of the club, such a massive flop.
We have been saying this a lot lately tbf. Perhaps it’s time to start looking inward at why this is the case? Nah I forgot Woody is in charge...

redshaw

1. Pick team 1
2. Pick team 2
3. Pick player from either team
4. Pick one major European city

Congratulations you have now created a transfer rumour.
Real Madrid and PSG officials meet in Hull with Neymar's father to discuss possible transfer.

Infra-red

Well Woodward had told him he was getting Bale, Herrera and Fabregas, so it is a little bit harsh to blame that entire fiasco on dithering Dave. And of course we have seen the same shambles enacted in subsequent summers, when Moyes was obviously no longer around...

Status
Not open for further replies.