Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjenIsM3

But some of our fans are like:

Hardly. Everyone on here recognizes the need to rebuild the team. There's just a difference in opinion on how. And luckily not everyone panics after we're not the first club in the window to announce a new player. People on here are acting like the window is almost over and we've not done any business while for most clubs (you know, the ones we're likely to buy from) this is week 1.

Hoof the ball

Even if Jovic's transfer wasn't a smooth negotiation for Madrid, they've locked their first transfer up a mere weeks after the opening of the transfer window. The issue has never been that Madrid, like United, have protracted periods of negotiations; but rather the issue is that Madrid sort out those protractions quickly into the window. We, however, drag ours long into the window. Happens every year.

SER19

Our fans are generally over reacting to what's really the first big deal of the window, but given Woodwards record I can at least understand it. I hate to say it but there's no huge cause for optimism that this will be anything other than another disaster show of a window. Either through failure or through what we sign. Only mourinhos first season was a good clear strategy window

United_We_Stand

We can do things other clubs can only dream about
- Ed Woodward
This famous quote is fake though isn't it? And even if Ed did say this, a quote from 2014 means nothing 2019, times have changed. Since Woodward allegedly said this, Madrid have won 3 CLs, while we qualified for CL 3 times!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Hardly. Everyone on here recognizes the need to rebuild the team. There's just a difference in opinion on how. And luckily not everyone panics after we're not the first club in the window to announce a new player. People on here are acting like the window is almost over and we've not done any business while for most clubs (you know, the ones we're likely to buy from) this is week 1.
It’s not about that at all. We’ve been in this for 6 fecking years if you haven’t noticed. Nothing to do with announcements et al. It’s more the fact that Real Madrid had terrible season and still made the CL but for them it’s an absolute disaster, so much so that they’re gutting their squad root and stem. We’d be fecking over the moon about getting into the CL. Which why that quote from Woodward is an insult to our intelligence as fans.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I thought he mentioned its something United fans will like?
Plenty will like that.

I'd take Cancelo and £60-70m for Pogba. Buy Bruno Fernandes with cash and we've got 2 top player for 2 positions and zero pounds net spent.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They’re at the top of the pile for players drooling over going there , not many clubs can compete with them for name alone possibly Barca a close second.
We’re no slouch. We could easily be going for players like Pepe etc. It doesn’t even matter about what name we’re going for. There are gems unearthed every season. Fact is we don’t have decent scouting in place and our transfer strategy is scatter gun at best!

This famous quote is fake though isn't it? And even if Ed did say this, a quote from 2014 means nothing 2019, times have changed. Since Woodward allegedly said this, Madrid have won 3 CLs, while we qualified for CL 3 times!
It's real -.he also said when the opposition sees schweinsteiger name on the team sheet it will send shivers down their spines.

diarm

Plenty will like that.

I'd take Cancelo and £60-70m for Pogba. Buy Bruno Fernandes with cash and we've got 2 top player for 2 positions and zero pounds net spent.
Agreed.

Alternatively they can give us Cancelo, Sandro and Pjanic.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Our fans are generally over reacting to what's really the first big deal of the window, but given Woodwards record I can at least understand it. I hate to say it but there's no huge cause for optimism that this will be anything other than another disaster show of a window. Either through failure or through what we sign. Only mourinhos first season was a good clear strategy window
I don't even think that was.

He deemed Bailly too clumsy to trust pretty sharpish. It took Mkhi half the season to get proper game time and was sold the next season. He never found out how to play Pogba. Zlatan did alright but the rest never seemed to fit José's ideal way.

SER19

I don't even think that was.

He deemed Bailly too clumsy to trust pretty sharpish. It took Mkhi half the season to get proper game time and was sold the next season. He never found out how to play Pogba. Zlatan did alright but the rest never seemed to fit José's ideal way.
Yeah they certainly weren't successful but it at least had a blueprint and seemed like Woodward delivered largely what was asked. Every other window has been a sackable display of true ineptitude

Ban

Near the end of the window we'll probably see a few of Ed's famous briefs explaining us why we signed just 2 players, one of them being a reserve keeper or a 16 year old.

ArjenIsM3

It’s not about that at all. We’ve been in this for 6 fecking years if you haven’t noticed. Nothing to do with announcements et al. It’s more the fact that Real Madrid had terrible season and still made the CL but for them it’s an absolute disaster, so much so that they’re gutting their squad root and stem. We’d be fecking over the moon about getting into the CL. Which why that quote from Woodward is an insult to our intelligence as fans.
The quote was posted after an announcement yet it has nothing to do with announcements? It's also a very old quote so why are we discussing it in the transfer tweets thread then? This is just unprovoked (well, pocco did provoke you by posting the quote tbh) moaning about the club. Yeah we've been badly run for years now but bringing that fact up every time another club does something good doesn't do anybody any good. Theres hundreds of threads dedicated to that specific issue anyway.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Can people please post translations? I understand about 3 fecking words in that, with 2 of them being Yes & No

Semedo would be a better option than both AWB and Muenier though. Would cost a shit tonne...

AJ10

Nothing new...we ve been painful to watch since he took over
Ed is one of the problems we have at United, no doubt but how can he be blamed for the crap LVG and Jose put out? He didn't tell LVG to keep 60/70% possession while only having 1 shot on target nor did he tell Jose to park the bus vs bottom half team and have no intention of attacking.

He can be blamed for many things but no sure how he can be blamed for the crap football our managers put out.

Status
Not open for further replies.