Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

Is he number 2 though?

Cl - Started 2/4 games and came on as a sub in other 2 games

PL - started 10/21 games, came on as a sub in 6 games. He missed 2 games because of injury and 2 games because of compassionate leave. He was then

Fa Cup - Started 3/4 games. Missed the wolves games as he injured his foot against Arsenal.

It's just that he isn't first name on the team sheet like it was under Jose.
Rashford is first choice under Ole.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Rashford is first choice under Ole.
They both played together and I have given you how many games he has started. Rashford didn't start every game as a CF, especially when Lukaku started. He started most games when he was fit and available.

Obviously there are preferences but Lukaku has played many games and like I said not a first team on the team sheet player under Ole.

haram

They both played together and I have given you how many games he has started. Rashford didn't start every game as a CF, especially when Lukaku started. He started most games when he was fit and available.

Obviously there are preferences but Lukaku has played many games and like I said not a first team on the team sheet player under Ole.
Which games did Rashford not play in which Lukaku did? I cannot remember any. Rashford also got injured at one point but I’m not sure if he missed games or played through the injury. Even at the Nou Camp it was Rom that was benched. I think it’s obvious Ole has Rashford as first choice.

roonster09

Scout
Which games did Rashford not play in which Lukaku did? I cannot remember any. Rashford also got injured at one point but I’m not sure if he missed games or played through the injury. Even at the Nou Camp it was Rom that was benched. I think it’s obvious Ole has Rashford as first choice.
Rashford can play as winger too. he is versatile to play in 3 positions, so obviously he plays most games.

Lukaku started against Fulham, Rashford was unused sub
Lukaku started against Wolves, Rashford wasn't in the squad.
Lukaku started against Crystal Palace, Rashford came on as a sub
Lukaku started against West Ham, Rashford came on as a sub
Lukaku started against Arsenal in FA cup, Rashford came on as a sub.
Lukaku started against Reading in FA cup, Rashford came on as a sub.

haram

Rashford can play as winger too. he is versatile to play in 3 positions, so obviously he plays most games.

Lukaku started against Fulham, Rashford was unused sub
Lukaku started against Wolves, Rashford wasn't in the squad.
Lukaku started against Crystal Palace, Rashford came on as a sub
Lukaku started against West Ham, Rashford came on as a sub
Lukaku started against Arsenal in FA cup, Rashford came on as a sub.
Lukaku started against Reading in FA cup, Rashford came on as a sub.
These are games where Rashford was rested. Fulham was 3 days before PSG where Lukaku got dropped for example. You ask any United fan and they’ll tell you Rashford is first choice.

This is the twitter thread anyway, we should stop.

roonster09

Scout
These are games where Rashford was rested. Fulham was 3 days before PSG where Lukaku got dropped for example. You ask any United fan and they’ll tell you Rashford is first choice.

This is the twitter thread anyway, we should stop.
Lukaku didn't start in the initial run when he was back from injury, after that he started many games. Obviously Rashford is higher than Lukaku in the order going by the mins played but he plays as winger too. It's not a clear situation like at Spurs/Liverpool/City where they have clear first choice and second choice. Lukaku played lot of games and rashford even more as he is versatile to play other positions.

Hawks2008

Lukaku outscored Rashford this season with less minutes. I'm not his biggest fan but he should not be among the first out the door.

pascell

You're backtracking now mate, info about players asking for a transfer out of the club rarely ever comes out. However Ronaldo did compare us to slavers when he was pushing for his move to Madrid.
No backtracking here my friend, the press would more often than not get that bit of info from the players agent and release it. However, Ronaldo did not compare us to slaves when he wanted his move to Madrid, that was Sepp Blatter FIFA president at the time.

WPMUFC

Kind of feels like we never had a pray. He wants CL football, now it all about the best offer. Both teams can guarantee him that for easily the next 5 years if not longer. We are likely aiming to hold 6th next season. Whilst i always hoped he would want to join a project and build a club around him, he's making a sensible career move avoiding us in this state.

AJ10

Lukaku outscored Rashford this season with less minutes. I'm not his biggest fan but he should not be among the first out the door.
He should only be replaced if we have a replacement. He's our best finisher but his overall play is embarrassing for a top level player, still can't believe we spent 75+ mil on a player who can't control a ball.

Him outscoring Rashford shouldn't be a surprise but he only has 2 more premier league goals with 0 assist playing as a striker while Rashford has played all over front 3. Thats not a good reflection on a player who cost over 75 mil.

Judas

Open to offers
I’m not bitter, but I do hope he rots at PSG. It’s easier for attacking players to still attract attention while in France, but a defender? Good luck. What a challenge it’ll be playing there :lol: better for us defensive game to stay where he is.

Fracture90

No backtracking here my friend, the press would more often than not get that bit of info from the players agent and release it. However, Ronaldo did not compare us to slaves when he wanted his move to Madrid, that was Sepp Blatter FIFA president at the time.
Mate we get reports about players wanting out all the time but we absolutely have no way of knowing which are genuine unless the player, his agent or someone from the club confirms it. He did not compare us with slaves, but to slavers. Maybe you missed the part in which Ronaldo agreed with that comparison? He was signing praise to Madrid left and right saying it's his boyhood dream club and it would be a dream move for him.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Kind of feels like we never had a pray. He wants CL football, now it all about the best offer. Both teams can guarantee him that for easily the next 5 years if not longer. We are likely aiming to hold 6th next season. Whilst i always hoped he would want to join a project and build a club around him, he's making a sensible career move avoiding us in this state.
Rejecting United, Barcelona and Juventus in favour of PSG is anything but sensible. He’d be better off staying with Ajax.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Rejecting United, Barcelona and Juventus in favour of PSG is anything but sensible. He’d be better off staying with Ajax.
Give me one good reason?

Ajax:
- Insignificant league title
- No chance at the CL
- Bad pay compared to other leagues

PSG:
- Insignificant league title by default
- Good shot at letter stages of CL
- Royally paid

SATA

I wouldn't mind at all if De Ligt chooses Barca ahead of us, but he's a complete joke if he chooses PSG. Absolute joke. I'll never see him in the same light again. He's going to be a very very rich 19 year old though

hubbuh

Give me one good reason?

Ajax:
- No chance at the CL

PSG:
- Royally paid
They are surely the least accommodating side when it comes to wanting to fly the nest, though. To the extent that it's pretty much futile opening any kind of dialogue with them, or do so at the risk of them taking it as some kind of personal slight.

Toad

Give me one good reason?

Ajax:
- No chance at the CL

PSG:
- Royally paid
What makes you say that? Have they ever got passed the quarter finals?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They are surely the least accommodating side when it comes to wanting to fly the nest, though. To the extent that it's pretty much futile opening any kind of dialogue with them, or do so at the risk of them taking it as some kind of personal slight.
Agreed, although there's pretty much nothing they can do if you just run down your contract and leave, like Rabiot can do right now for example.

They've had some bad luck with injuries and decisions in the CL, I know Ajax got further this year but that was an outlier. PSG does have a good shot at the latter stages of the CL, doesn't mean they'll ge there but signing De Ligt will certainly be a step in the right direction for them.

DRM

I agree with the bolded statement 100% but surely joining PSG seems like he's wasting his talent away in a nothing league? He'd be better of joining Barcelona or day I say it, Liverpool (if they want him).

cyberman

It always amazes me how upset people get when a desirable player joins PSG.
Because they sign world class talents and have them disappear to a league that nobody watches where you only catch them on CL highlight packages beating PSV 6-0 only to tamely go out v the first top side they meet.
De Light will not improve watching Neymar and Mbappe scores two hatricks each v Lens. The thing is, his reputation will not decrease with the move since he wont be challenged to make a mistake so, in 5 years, we will be discussing the best CB in the world and he will constantly be brought up despite doing nothing of note.
The same way Silva is forever pushed forward despite not making a tackle in 3 years

He’s also talking nonsense regarding a league title being “insignificant” at Ajax.
In Holland it’s a real scrap for that title and for an Ajax fan (De Ligt) it means a lot.
PSG league title is a token they may as well give you the day you sign for them.

WPMUFC

I agree with the bolded statement 100% but surely joining PSG seems like he's wasting his talent away in a nothing league? He'd be better of joining Barcelona or day I say it, Liverpool (if they want him).
as much as i hate saying it. It's not about joining PSG. He would be making a better career move by joining PSG over us. He can always move on from PSG after a few seasons. But lets be honest, he's likely going to Barca so he's still making the best career choice either way. Avoiding us is THE career move sadly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.