Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacifictheme

After the shenanigans last year great to see them digging their feet in.
Yeah over a player we don't want :drool:

Realistically we'll either accept a larger loan / instalment offer or a lower money up front offer. We want him gone. He wants to go. Everyone knows it. Being petty because of perisic would be pointless.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Don't think I've ever seen united play hardball selling a player with lukaku and pogba. Its good to see for a change.
We've dug our heels in over Darmian, which is why he's still with us. We need to strike a balance between wanting a fair fee and wanting rid of the deadwood.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Neymar can forget about leaving. He chose to go to PSG so now he needs to start performing for them where it matters instead of throwing a fit.
Neymar performs very well when he's fit, he's had two serious injuries at crucial times of the season both years he's been there.

joedirt87

Neymar can forget about leaving. He chose to go to PSG so now he needs to start performing for them where it matters instead of throwing a fit.
Unfortunately for PSG he’s too busy faking injury, actually getting injured, and in Brazil for his sister’s Birthday around that time of year

ForestRGoinUp

Yeah over a player we don't want :drool:

Realistically we'll either accept a larger loan / instalment offer or a lower money up front offer. We want him gone. He wants to go. Everyone knows it. Being petty because of perisic would be pointless.
Just Eddy trying to get a few back on his side briefly. Worked.

VanGaalyTime

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they took his passport. Qatar not exactly known for its freedom of movement.

NJM78

The counter to your point is that, firstly, the fans (not the online community) will be far more forgiving to Ole than other managers.

Secondly, if fans can see that changes are happening, that an identity is being created, and that progression to a visible end-point is being made, there is also less likely to be a change of manager.
So the online community are not fans who's opinions count?

Ole finishes 6th again and leads us through another pathetic run of results. He will be sacked and should be.

This club needs very good players to compete with the very good players the top 5 teams have. They can be 18 or 28 age means nothing to a degree. We just need the right players. James and Longstaff should be brought in to supplement some top class additions. Alone it would be a a very underwhelming window and we will struggle.

NJM78

I'm really liking this drive we seem to be on to scoop up properly talented youngsters from around Europe. It might take a couple of years to bear fruit but it's a very positive change of tack.
Didn't we do this with Pereira, Fosu Mensah, Chong, Gomes. Its not new and I just hope it works because its been a long time since one came through and become a star for us. Pogba kind of did.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Didn't we do this with Pereira, Fosu Mensah, Chong, Gomes. Its not new and I just hope it works because its been a long time since one came through and become a star for us. Pogba kind of did.
We do pick these talents up but then it is either we don't develop them properly or it is down to these kids.

VanGaalyTime

We do pick these talents up but then it is either we don't develop them properly or it is down to these kids.
A lot depends on mentality/positional sense/injuries, which usually can't be predicted. Greenwood is our next superstar, but even a top top talent like Greenwood needs to be very lucky to succeed in the PL.

Jericholyte2

So the online community are not fans who's opinions count?

Ole finishes 6th again and leads us through another pathetic run of results. He will be sacked and should be.

This club needs very good players to compete with the very good players the top 5 teams have. They can be 18 or 28 age means nothing to a degree. We just need the right players. James and Longstaff should be brought in to supplement some top class additions. Alone it would be a a very underwhelming window and we will struggle.
Seriously!?! Where did I say online fans didn't count? Was simply making the point online fans are generally much more fickle in nature. Read my last reply about this regarding Jose.

lysglimt

Scout
We are reaching the stage where noone can afford to buy anyone. Which in the in long term probably is good for football.

Scholsey2004

Seriously, who cares as long as he can score! Since when is height more important than goal scoring ability?
He looks like he knows how to put the ball in the net, very sharp in and around the box, would take him all day long ahead of Lukaku and Rashford.
By your logic Messi, Maradonna, Pele, Solskjaer etc wouldn't be considered....
I think you've misinterpreted what I said. I like the player but it's only fair to point out any obvious weaknesses a player may have if you're suggesting him as an option. Clearly if a player is 5'6 he won't be any good in the air. It's a balanced statement: he looks good but he's very short.

Scholsey2004

Lukaku has 28 goals in 66 appearances - the best goals to appearance ratio in the team. Yes, I'd give him one more year. If he starts 38 games next year, he'll score 19 to 20 goals. He's averaged nearly 1 in 2 games for a long time.
But more than this, he's statistically Utd's fastest player. And if you're trying to be the fastest team in Europe, you don't sell your fastest player.
He won't start 38 games next year. Solskjaer starts rashford ahead of him. He's a substitute on big money who has made it clear he wants to leave.

roseguy64

This is getting daft now. Exciting at the same time because yeah we'll hopefully have some amazing players coming through soon, but we need first team players now.
We've always signed youth players alongside first team. That's how we got Chong and TFM. Not sure what your issue is. They're divorced from each other.

pacifictheme

I think the phrase we're struggling for is 0.012%

Scholsey2004

Maybe but I doubt Spurs can afford to Shell out £120 million on 2 midfielders before they sell Eriksen - when they have so many other areas they need to strengthen. They have 2 fullbacks they apparently don't rate (and rightly so) - no backup for Kane etc
Spurs are thrifty, they're not poor. They're the ninth wealthiest club in the world. They can afford to spend the money especially if they know an eriksen sale can reap it back in afterwards. And of course it depends how they structure payments for any player they buy. If only 25% is up front then that's unlikely to be a problem.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
We've always signed youth players alongside first team. That's how we got Chong and TFM. Not sure what your issue is. They're divorced from each other.
Wasn't going to reply because I clearly said I don't have an issue, especially with these 16 y/o prospect signings. But we've changed our first team transfer strategy this season. Articles like the one further back state that Ole's buying players to develop himself such as James and Longstaff. They're first team purchases, but they're not (yet) first team quality, and you can find previous posts of mine saying how happy I am we're buying these sort of players but only if we buy immediate talent alongside.

Who are we even close to signing who can get us back into the top 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.