Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Supreme-

RvP was at his peak coming to United on around 250k a week contract, and we're offering the same amount to a player that hasn't delivered anywhere near to the level expected of a United first team player.

It's crazy and worrying how wages has inflated over the past few years

Reactions: langster

Sanche7

250 k for a 21 year old who has achieved nothing of significance. So what’s his next contract going to be, 350k? It should be based on bonuses, 25 k per week bonus for scoring x number of goals and so on. Doubt Harry Kane is on 250 k. Also I thought we were trying to control our wage structure. Seeing this Martial is going to start asking for 300k soon

CM

Those would be mental wages for Rashford. This is a player who has never scored more than 10 league goals in a season.

IrishRedDevil

‘...worth around £250,000 a week...with bonuses, will catapult him towards the top end of United’s pay scale...’

The £250k per week includes bonuses. The flat rate is likely to be less.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
RvP was at his peak coming to United on around 250k a week contract, and we're offering the same amount to a player that hasn't delivered anywhere near to the level expected of a United first team player.

It's crazy and worrying how wages has inflated over the past few years
It wasn't that long ago that City were paying Toure 250k a week, and it seemed such an insane wage that football was beyond broken.

Now it's young strikers with about 40 goals behind them!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At his peak he'll want at least £600k pw if he's on that as at this early stage.
Yep. He'll score 15 in a season in 3 years time and use it as a bid to ask for 1m a week, and "settle" for 600k.
At the same time we'll be buying a deputy for 100m.

Lee565

Is it too late to bring Potchettino in before the new season? it reads like he is heavily frustrated with Spurs, I think he would have jumped at the chance to manage us had we just stayed patient until the end of the season.

dutchred

Is it too late to bring Potchettino in before the new season? it reads like he is heavily frustrated with Spurs, I think he would have jumped at the chance to manage us had we just stayed patient until the end of the season.
Give Ole a chance. I am pleased with the signings and the direction we are going. It will take a time but I feel we are going in the right direction.
I would like us to follow the Ajax methodology. Get exciting youngsters, promote from the Academy and get some experienced players to help the and guide the youngsters.
If you look at Ajax in the CL this year only de Ligt, Vd Beek and de Jong from the youth stood out. The real star players were Tadic, Zyech, Blind and Tagliafico … all experienced players

shahzy

One of the most arrogant and over rated players in the squad being rewarded with 250k a week. Absolute shambles. We really are run by complete idiots aren't we

NoMidfielders

250k a week is a complete joke, the guy had a few good months when Ole took over but other than that has never looked even first team level despite getting a lot of chances

Acquire Me

One of the most arrogant and over rated players in the squad being rewarded with 250k a week. Absolute shambles. We really are run by complete idiots aren't we
I really rate Rashford and I think a lot of other clubs would pay him the same or more. It’s of course not a good figure, but football is not in a good place imo. Mediocre players costs shitloads atm.

prateik

True to an extent. If the manager isn't worth listening to though...
Then we should get a manager worth listening to and then get players who would listen to him.
At no point should we even consider getting players who think they know better than the manager of the team they are playing for.

deafepl

Rashford on 250K reported by the same journalist who claimed that Herrera would stay and we let Mata go.

250K may be much, I don't think that's issues if he has kind of bonus he needs to activate that take him to 200K or 250k. Likes of Kane and Auba earning more money around 350k per week.

reddev3

At his peak he'll want at least £600k pw if he's on that as at this early stage.
He will either of earned it or it won't go that far. If he's not much better than he is now at around 24 he will get a similar contract or be sold, if he has improved a lot he will get an improved contract and the same will happen again at 27.

You kind of have to cave in to his demands when he is this age and a starter because he is still at the age where he could become something truly special and you can't risk letting him go. In three years times we will know exactly what he is about so it will be a lot easier to renegotiate or just sell.

tonnas

250k including all bonuses - barca were lurking and I am sure they would have offered him circa the same. Support the lad.

Lee565

Christ that is nuts, they really need to find a solution to shifting Sanchez if these are the type of wages our players are asking for by using Sanchez wages as a measuring stick for contract negotiations.

Lee565

250k including all bonuses - barca were lurking and I am sure they would have offered him circa the same. Support the lad.
Can't imagine it would be a wise move for him if he saw out his contract, how would he get game time at Barca with them always looking to sign the very best attackers in the world?

pacifictheme

Then we should get a manager worth listening to and then get players who would listen to him.
At no point should we even consider getting players who think they know better than the manager of the team they are playing for.
Very true. But if you have to buy poorer players brcause good ones won't listen to your manager then there is only one solution.

Not saying ole is the wrong man, just pointing that out.

Giggsyking

Many asked what is so shady about Bruno Fernandes

well here it is

"Bruno Fernandes is one of the players who rescinded his contract a year ago when Sporting's academy was attacked by a group of hooligans. They assaulted the players and are now serving jail time.
"The president of the time was sacked by the associates, they voted him out. The new president who only took charge for a short amount of time tried everything to persuade some of the players to come back.
"Some of the players agreed to return, Fernandes being one of those. No one expected to perform in such a fantastic way because he had to sign a new contract and his market value just skyrocketed.
"Now he is the key to the whole mess. There's a clause in his new contract that states that Sporting will have to pay €5m (to Fernandes) if they reject anything over a €35m bid for him.
"No agents will jeopardise their relationship with a big club by making them pay €50-60m for a player who could have cost just €35m.
"Guys like Jorge Mendes won't get involved in this type of affair and he is the one that made the Joao Felix deal possible.
"This leaves Bruno Fernandes stuck, really."
"As far as I know there is not even a serious bid for him. The clubs are hesitant to do a deal for him.
"He deserves a move, the top clubs in England have all been linked, Spurs, Manchester City and Manchester United.
"It's still a bit of a mystery. With or without Jorge Mendes - the guy that makes everything happen - being involved, his season was so fantastic that he should have been sold already.
"Sporting can't afford to sell him cheap because they would be the laughing stock with Benfica having sold Felix for €120m - and he only has six months of top-level football.
"The market is crazy like this."
"It's going to be difficult to keep him going, he's on vacation, we'll see what happens."

Dias says he does not expect the 24-year-old to stay in Lisbon this summer.
"Sporting's president also said this week that there would be no drama and that the club are prepared to keep or sell, but they will not sell him for €35m. The fans also demand this.
"I honestly don't believe that Bruno Fernandes will stay, it is my opinion."

Lee565

Give Ole a chance. I am pleased with the signings and the direction we are going. It will take a time but I feel we are going in the right direction.
I would like us to follow the Ajax methodology. Get exciting youngsters, promote from the Academy and get some experienced players to help the and guide the youngsters.
If you look at Ajax in the CL this year only de Ligt, Vd Beek and de Jong from the youth stood out. The real star players were Tadic, Zyech, Blind and Tagliafico … all experienced players
Whilst it was slightly tongue in cheek comment, wouldn't Potchettino follow the same type of strategy of bringing in British players with potential and giving academy players a chance based on what he has done at the likes of Spurs and Southampton, Performances aside with the likes of Spurs and Southampton, I always assumed one of the reasons why he would have been a good fit at United and why Ferguson praised him is because his ways as a manager with his recruitment, playing style and patience with developing players were close to the traditions we have seen at United over the decades?

Sanche7

Rashford on 250K reported by the same journalist who claimed that Herrera would stay and we let Mata go.

250K may be much, I don't think that's issues if he has kind of bonus he needs to activate that take him to 200K or 250k. Likes of Kane and Auba earning more money around 350k per week.
You sure mate ?

Here’s Matt Law from the Telegraph -
Kane has signed a six-year deal that could earn him £200,000 a week including bonuses, which almost doubles his previous deal

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ns-new-six-year-contract-keep-tottenham-2024/

That’s the best English striker and one of the best strikers in the world, in his prime, signing a 200k per week contract, including bonuses. Can you imagine how much Rashy is going to ask for when he’s 24 and scoring 30+ goals a season? 1 mill?
Also why is Rashford being compared to Kane and Auba?

MonkeysMagic

So as I thought, the whole Fernandes saga is being driven by the the portugese tabloids in a bid to drive up the transfer fee, knowing full well that clubs are aware of his contract clause! No wonder PL clubs have taken the unusual step of disassociating themselves with the rumours, save Woodward of course, and I get the impression he may eventually move but to a mid table Spanish club.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition

Many asked what is so shady about Bruno Fernandes

well here it is

"Bruno Fernandes is one of the players who rescinded his contract a year ago when Sporting's academy was attacked by a group of hooligans. They assaulted the players and are now serving jail time.
"The president of the time was sacked by the associates, they voted him out. The new president who only took charge for a short amount of time tried everything to persuade some of the players to come back.
"Some of the players agreed to return, Fernandes being one of those. No one expected to perform in such a fantastic way because he had to sign a new contract and his market value just skyrocketed.
"Now he is the key to the whole mess. There's a clause in his new contract that states that Sporting will have to pay €5m (to Fernandes) if they reject anything over a €35m bid for him.
"No agents will jeopardise their relationship with a big club by making them pay €50-60m for a player who could have cost just €35m.
"Guys like Jorge Mendes won't get involved in this type of affair and he is the one that made the Joao Felix deal possible.
"This leaves Bruno Fernandes stuck, really."
"As far as I know there is not even a serious bid for him. The clubs are hesitant to do a deal for him.
"He deserves a move, the top clubs in England have all been linked, Spurs, Manchester City and Manchester United.
"It's still a bit of a mystery. With or without Jorge Mendes - the guy that makes everything happen - being involved, his season was so fantastic that he should have been sold already.
"Sporting can't afford to sell him cheap because they would be the laughing stock with Benfica having sold Felix for €120m - and he only has six months of top-level football.
"The market is crazy like this."
"It's going to be difficult to keep him going, he's on vacation, we'll see what happens."

Dias says he does not expect the 24-year-old to stay in Lisbon this summer.
"Sporting's president also said this week that there would be no drama and that the club are prepared to keep or sell, but they will not sell him for €35m. The fans also demand this.
"I honestly don't believe that Bruno Fernandes will stay, it is my opinion."
Don't see how this makes Bruno shady.
If anything, it shows how useless other agents are if only mendes can get things across the line in Portugal.

Celoti23-81

You sure mate ?

Here’s Matt Law from the Telegraph -
Kane has signed a six-year deal that could earn him £200,000 a week including bonuses, which almost doubles his previous deal

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ns-new-six-year-contract-keep-tottenham-2024/

That’s the best English striker and one of the best strikers in the world, in his prime, signing a 200k per week contract, including bonuses. Can you imagine how much Rashy is going to ask for when he’s 24 and scoring 30+ goals a season? 1 mill?
Marcus Cashford! Ain't worth 150k a week in my opinion. But he's young, British and hungry, so it's ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.