Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacifictheme

Don't see how this makes Bruno shady.
If anything, it shows how useless other agents are if only mendes can get things across the line in Portugal.
I think they mean the deal in general. A year ago he wasn't worth 35m but he had such a good season (seemingly to the surprise of everyone i guess) hes now worth more than 35m, but because of that clause he COULD go for 35m. No agent wants that to hurt their relationship with the buying club. Just sounds a bit odd really.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Interesting comments considering he is seen as some kind of transfer genius on here for his net spend.
Pochettino's comments are misleading. Of course Levy has the final say, since he's the one signing the cheques and so no player can be signed unless Levy is willing to pay what it might take to get a player that Pochettino wants.

But that doesn't change the fact that Pochettino has the major say in deciding which player(s) he'd like Spurs to try and sign.

Eric's Seagull

If this is true. This is mad although not as mad as the £350,00/week, we were supposedly offering him. To jump from £75,000-£80,000/week I have read he is on, to this is a massive leap. Especially considering in January we were supposed to be getting him too sign new contract for £150,000 per week, although that may be true or not.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'm confused about that Bruno article thing.
No agent wants to be part of the deal as it may upset the clubs going in for him...?

But why... He has no buyout clause, so why should it matter if he costs 35m or 55m.
Sporting either say yes or no to an offer.... An agent isn't part of that side of the negotiations.

OleGunnar20

If football manager 19 has taught me anything those'll be a couple of astute signing for Charlton there.

ChaddyP

I'm confused about that Bruno article thing.
No agent wants to be part of the deal as it may upset the clubs going in for him...?

But why... He has no buyout clause, so why should it matter if he costs 35m or 55m.
Sporting either say yes or no to an offer.... An agent isn't part of that side of the negotiations.
I had the same confusion and started wondering if it was some translation issue. Makes no sense

Apokalips

What has he said? I figured this was about saurez !
Not sure if anyone replied to you before I got the chance, but he said the below:

Rakitic: “I respect Gays but I don’t want these people in the dressing room. I respect them as much as I respect dwarves, blacks or obese people, but I prefer not to have any in my life”

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I doubt he will get anything above 180k that Martial get.
250 k for a 21 year old who has achieved nothing of significance. So what’s his next contract going to be, 350k? It should be based on bonuses, 25 k per week bonus for scoring x number of goals and so on. Doubt Harry Kane is on 250 k. Also I thought we were trying to control our wage structure. Seeing this Martial is going to start asking for 300k soon
250!? Fekin hell, get that imposter out of our proud club!
Those would be mental wages for Rashford. This is a player who has never scored more than 10 league goals in a season.
‘...worth around £250,000 a week...with bonuses, will catapult him towards the top end of United’s pay scale...’

The £250k per week includes bonuses. The flat rate is likely to be less.
Insane wages. I hope it's not true but it really seems stardom has gone to Rashford's head. I'm sure Lingard would demand around the same wage if he was about to get a new contract now. :rolleyes:
250k a week is a complete joke, the guy had a few good months when Ole took over but other than that has never looked even first team level despite getting a lot of chances
I doubt he will get anything above 180k that Martial get.
250 k for a 21 year old who has achieved nothing of significance. So what’s his next contract going to be, 350k? It should be based on bonuses, 25 k per week bonus for scoring x number of goals and so on. Doubt Harry Kane is on 250 k. Also I thought we were trying to control our wage structure. Seeing this Martial is going to start asking for 300k soon
250!? Fekin hell, get that imposter out of our proud club!
Those would be mental wages for Rashford. This is a player who has never scored more than 10 league goals in a season.
‘...worth around £250,000 a week...with bonuses, will catapult him towards the top end of United’s pay scale...’

The £250k per week includes bonuses. The flat rate is likely to be less.
Insane wages. I hope it's not true but it really seems stardom has gone to Rashford's head. I'm sure Lingard would demand around the same wage if he was about to get a new contract now. :rolleyes:
250k a week is a complete joke, the guy had a few good months when Ole took over but other than that has never looked even first team level despite getting a lot of chances
Christ you lot love a moan. Pay packets are heavily structured with performance bonuses. We made this shift years ago and were one of the first to do so. It was imperative to sign him to a long contract. Fans seem both detached from the reality of football economics, and ignorant to its intricacies.

Except @IrishRedDevil who made the only sensible post, which is why you are quoted.

UnitedObsession99

Why do i feel like opening bid will be £15m, £5m for winning CL, 100 can of beans for the life of the contract, 50 tickets to watch United at home in the Europa League, a friendly to be played in Albania and a night with SAF as guest speaker for 15 minutes!

Feels like the kind of nonsense we'd start with!

Snafu17

Always a good one to sign on Fifa
Remember when Schalke posted that presentation tweet where they showed all of the clubs they supposedly beat to his signature? I bet that seems a bit silly in hindsight.

UnitedObsession99

Not sure if anyone replied to you before I got the chance, but he said the below:

Rakitic: “I respect Gays but I don’t want these people in the dressing room. I respect them as much as I respect dwarves, blacks or obese people, but I prefer not to have any in my life”
Shaw and De Ligt won't appreciate the obese comments. As for blacks lets get real who can he play for! Yedder won't appreciate the Dwarf comments. And Lingard and Rashford will disapprove with the gay comments.

Sounds like a nightmare for us!

All jokes aside, this should be a career ending comment to make.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wasn't he like one of the next big things when he was at Basel? Could be mistaken, mind.
Pretty sure he actually turned us down before he moved, if I remember rightly he got a serious injury very early on and it seems to have derailed his development.

Fox outside the box

I'm not hung up on anything really. Just mentioned it.

And transfer prices have gone up disproportionately to many many other things. Especially when you consider the time frame.
So has the income clubs generate though. Sponsorships and TV revenue has gone through the roof. As such, prices will increase. Value is incredibly subjected and can fluctuate greatly, depending on the economic circumstances. People taking wheelbarrows of cash to buy groceries in post world war 1 Germany for example. Of course a loaf of bread isn't 'worth' a thousand marks but when money is flooding in, prices increase.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Always a good one to sign on Fifa
How the mighty have fallen. We were heavily linked with him a few years back and I’m sure the transfer fee was rumoured to be in the £40 million region.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
How the mighty have fallen. We were heavily linked with him a few years back and I’m sure the transfer fee was rumoured to be in the £40 million region.
He'll have appeared in plenty of 'dream lineups' on here two summers ago.

beingshe7don

Rashford hasn't done jack to be awarded such an expensive contract. It's hilarious that a guaranteed 30 goal striker like Kane get paid 110k and this guy will be paid 250k. Rashford just got 10 goals in the league this past season and he was terrible for the majority of it. Another Sanchez sorta mistake if this is true. He's at best worth 170k/ week.

NJM78

If true I hope this isn’t another 3 week long drama. Obviously Newcastle will want a shit tonne of cash even though he has only 9 league apps. I really cannot get excited by this signing unless it is swift and additional to some top talent coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.