g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So the story from L'Equipe is Spurs have agreed a £55m package for this guy, with personal details to be confirmed, and that United and Juventus had agreed personal terms but no fee. As per the tweet we should surely be in for him now at £55m as that would be a steal!

Unless of course we're only being used for more click bait.
Ours is likely only going to be activated if Pogba was to leave. With Pogba meant to be meeting Ole tomorrow we could possibly match it if we think Pogba leaves.

UncleBob

Our income from the new stadium will exceed that taken from Wembley - which means that our overall income will continue to rise. Moreover, having a relatively low wage bill is a good thing … so I'm not sure why you cite United's huge wages bill as if it's some to be proud of.
How will it exceed the income taken from Wembley, are you going for a big increase in ticket prices ?

In terms of your overall income, a decent part of the profit was down to player sales and lack of additions, is this going to be your future strategy as well ?

It's unrealistic that you'll be able to maintain a competitive squad without increasing your wages, a lot.

Fridge chutney

Sam Jones has joined Harrogate Town in the National League (conference) from league One Shrewsbury Town.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I read this as though more or more clubs are happy to confirm they have no interest in him while we're happy to offer no such denials as it keeps the media off the scent of who we are actually trying to sign

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is Bruno Fernandes British? What if Ndombele doesn't want to play at United because we are out of the CL?
Different position re. Bruno.

And yeah, that could be a reason. But the reports from many journalists explicitly saying Ole wants a british core doesnt fill me with a great sense of joy.

DoomSlayer

Different position re. Bruno.

And yeah, that could be a reason. But the reports from many journalists explicitly saying Ole wants a british core doesnt fill me with a great sense of joy.
There are also reports that us and Juventus have reached personal agreements with Ndombele but not Lyon so to be that arrogant in your views towards Ole is weird, at least in my eyes.

Wanting the squad to have a British core does not equal to signing only British players.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
If we really agreed a deal with Ndombele, then we clearly need to match Tottenhams offer or we wont get a bid accepted...
I doubt we have agreed terms though and our names just been thrown in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There are also reports than us and Juventus have reached personal agreements with Ndombele but not Lyon so to be that arrogant in your views towards Ole is weird, at least in my eyes.

Wanting the squad to have a British core does not equal to signing only British players.
There's nothing arrogant in my view. Having a British core means holding a British bias. I never said he solely wants to focus on British players.

I believe that players should be chosen on their attitude and merit, and being British should have little to do with it unless we are filling a homegrown quota (which we aren't). It's just based on a misplaced logic that British players would be better for some reason.

Moreover I don't think there's been any credible journalists linking us with Ndombele to that extent - feel free to provide the credible sources.

Dante

Average bang
Ole has been desperate to keep Pogba and Mata, despite both looking to leave this Summer. If anything, he's got an anti-British bias.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
How will it exceed the income taken from Wembley, are you going for a big increase in ticket prices ?

In terms of your overall income, a decent part of the profit was down to player sales and lack of additions, is this going to be your future strategy as well ?

It's unrealistic that you'll be able to maintain a competitive squad without increasing your wages, a lot.
Yes - ticket prices have been increased a lot. Moreover there are several income streams that we didn't have at Wembley, including (but not limited to):

* Corporate box sales.
* Food and drink sales
* The sale of stadium naming rights
* Various other stadium-related sponsorship deals.
* NFL football
* Income from various other sporting and entertainment events that we can now stage (e.g. an annual 'home' game for Saracens + the rugby Challenge and Champions Cup finals)

Gasolin

Ole has been desperate to keep Pogba and Mata, despite both looking to leave this Summer. If anything, he's got an anti-British bias.
Pogba is kind of British for us, he's home grown. Yes, it's a stretch, but I suppose like everything, talent and skills override any national bias, if any. A core is just a core, I think we are open to have some foreigners. It's just that they need to be world class to make the team progress.

Infestissumam

"The contract is understood to be heavily incentivised but if Rashford meets all of his performance-related targets and United deliver on the pitch it could be worth in excess of £300,000 a week"

now that sounds way less dramatic than the tweet, but obviously people need to get riled up. State of "journalism" these days ...

Ban

"The contract is understood to be heavily incentivised but if Rashford meets all of his performance-related targets and United deliver on the pitch it could be worth in excess of £300,000 a week"

now that sounds way less dramatic than the tweet, but obviously people need to get riled up. State of "journalism" these days ...
Just to boost an already existing hate of Rashford.

Snafu17

Ducker went from 250k to 300k in a day. Seems a bit inconsistent, James.

It's literally his previous article.

IrishRedDevil

‘The contract is understood to be heavily incentivised but if Rashford meets all of his performance-related targets and if United deliver on the pitch, it could be worth in excess of £300,000 a week.’

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
‘The contract is understood to be heavily incentivised but if Rashford meets all of his performance-related targets and United deliver on the pitch it could be worth in excess of £300,000 a week.’
Aha!

Silly click bait headline.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Is anywhere on this site safe from Glaston talking bollocks about Spurs fecking stadium?
(a) it's not bollocks; (b) it wasn't me that introduced the subject into this thread

However, I agree that this is not the place for further discussion on the subject.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Not a fan of these (self) incentivized contracts. We saw what happened to Pogba and Sanchez on the pitch last season when they were chasing individual accolades.

Status
Not open for further replies.