Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Agree De Ligt would have been a lot better value signing but there was not much chance of getting him with no Champions League to offer him I thought the fee was £80m. Thanks for giving me the correct fee. I dont think he is worth anywhere near £90m. But it is a crazy market and with there being so much available in the league and the so called smaller teams don't have to sell. That is why they ask extortionate prices, I prefer value as much as the next fan but we have to come to the sad realisation that we will have to pay whatever the selling club is asking for if we are desperate to sign the player or move onto another target mate.
Instead of always looking like desperate suckers, we need to buy high potential players and just develop them like we did in the past -- but that requires fans to be patient. But that's something that has been increasingly short in supply. This is where RAWK as a sample size has been miles ahead of us -- and yet, we had laughed at their delusions for a good many years.

Wanting Ole to be sack a few months back when he was only appointed and has not had one single transfer window is just pure stupidity.

As a fan base, we are unwilling to take the pain in order to go forward. The system is broken but yet we want quick solutions. There isnt.
There will need to be a pain to fix the broken structure in order us to compete again.

Eric's Seagull

Instead of always looking like desperate suckers, we need to buy high potential players and just develop them like we did in the past -- but that requires fans to be patient. But that's something that has been increasingly short in supply. This is where RAWK as a sample size has been miles ahead of us -- and yet, we had laughed at their delusions for a good many years.

Wanting Ole to be sack a few months back when he was only appointed and has not had one single transfer window is just pure stupidity.

As a fan base, we are unwilling to take the pain in order to go forward. The system is broken but yet we want quick solutions. There isnt.
There will need to be a pain to fix the broken structure in order us to compete again.
I agree with your point I bold. Think you make a good point and maybe the now sensible things is to buy players before the fees become extortionate and develop them. I agree it is going to take more than one window to sort thus mess out and it would be nice to invest in these I'm these players and give them the time to develop into class players but a lot of fans don't have this level of patients mate. I also agree with your second point and is madness to see some fans calling for his sacking already. At least give him a full preseason to get the players used to his methods and back him next season and see where we get from there.

Scholsey2004

That would be a great swap, get a good young reliable defender in and get an average sick note out. Jones has got to be still worth at least £15-20m in todays market, or at least hopefully Leicester will be silly enough to buy that.
Actually he'd probably be pretty good for them. Theyre happy enough with the Evans signing and Jones is probably better than him with similar injury problems. Jones could probably play a a CDM for them as well as well as CB. They do like a pure destroyer in midfield.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I agree with your point I bold. Think you make a good point and maybe the now sensible things is to buy players before the fees become extortionate and develop them. I agree it is going to take more than one window to sort thus mess out and it would be nice to invest in these I'm these players and give them the time to develop into class players but a lot of fans don't have this level of patients mate. I also agree with your second point and is madness to see some fans calling for his sacking already. At least give him a full preseason to get the players used to his methods and back him next season and see where we get from there.
Amen!

kerryman

What gives the idea that he won't score 25/30 goals? His scoring has gone up every year and he is just started to be our main striker. Not to mention the fact that he's only 21 years old. If he starts 30 games this year I am more than confident that he will score at least 20 goals...
hmmm...maybe because he only scored 10 goals this season in 33 games (26 starts and 7 substitute appearances) including only 2 goals in the last 15 games! Didn't score more than one goal per game all season in the PL.
I'd bet any amount that he won't score 20+ goals if he starts 30 games this year as you have stated. His stats from last season suggest he is a 1 goal in every 3 games player and this was his best season. Overall he has 27 goals in 111 appearances (1 goal every 4 games or so). He's not good enough to be our main striker, we need better if we want to challenge for titles. Yes he's only 21 but he's nowhere near the talent of a young Rooney, Fowler or Owen who were scoring. for fun at his age or younger. There were 24 other players who scored more than he did last season and 7 others who scored the same number of goals, he's just not as good as some people think!

Withnail

What gives the idea that he won't score 25/30 goals? His scoring has gone up every year and he is just started to be our main striker. Not to mention the fact that he's only 21 years old. If he starts 30 games this year I am more than confident that he will score at least 20 goals...

Shhhh that's blasphemy round here don't you know

Eric's Seagull

Really admire your optimism here and really hope you are right on this one. Which would make me extremely happy:devil:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
hmmm...maybe because he only scored 10 goals this season in 33 games (26 starts and 7 substitute appearances) including only 2 goals in the last 15 games! Didn't score more than one goal per game all season in the PL.
I'd bet any amount that he won't score 20+ goals if he starts 30 games this year as you have stated. His stats from last season suggest he is a 1 goal in every 3 games player and this was his best season. Overall he has 27 goals in 111 appearances (1 goal every 4 games or so). He's not good enough to be our main striker, we need better if we want to challenge for titles. Yes he's only 21 but he's nowhere near the talent of a young Rooney, Fowler or Owen who were scoring. for fun at his age or younger. There were 24 other players who scored more than he did last season and 7 others who scored the same number of goals, he's just not as good as some people think!
20 is hardly some amazing total anyway, bearing in mind lukaku and ibra scored about 27 in seasons where they missed tonnes of chances. Van nistelrooy hit 40s a couple of times.

So it's not outrageous to suggest rashford could get 20.
Especially as he's not had a whole season as the main striker, which he'll probably get this year.
He's had bits and pieces, outwide or playing with an injury for 6 weeks.

stevoc

Actually he'd probably be pretty good for them when he's not injured. Theyre happy enough with the Evans signing and Jones is probably better than him when he's not injured with similar injury problems. Jones could probably play a a CDM for them when he's not injured as well as well as CB when he's not injured. They do like a pure destroyer in midfield.
And thats the problem with Phil Jones, he could probably do many things when he's not injured but he quite often is.

For the record Evans has averaged 28 league games a season since leaving United in the same period Jones has averaged 17 a season. So i don't think Evans and Jones have similar injury problems. I doubt theres a footballer anywhere in the world who has had similar random and consistent injury problems over such a long period like Jones.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
At the age of 22 - Alan Shearer had scored 23 goals in 118 games. Not that I am suggesting Rashford will come close to matching Shearers goals - I am just saying players can develop. But I don't think Rashford will ever be a 25 goals a season player, simply because he never gets the scrappy goals. I do however think Rashford and Greenwood will be our striking partnership in the years to come - but with Greenwood as the leading scorer

Withnail

20 is hardly some amazing total anyway, bearing in mind lukaku and ibra scored about 27 in seasons where they missed tonnes of chances. Van nistelrooy hit 40s a couple of times.

So it's not outrageous to suggest rashford could get 20.
Especially as he's not had a whole season as the main striker, which he'll probably get this year.
He's had bits and pieces, outwide or playing with an injury for 6 weeks.
That's it exactly. There's enough evidence from last year to be optimistic that playing as the main striker, injury free, he could hit 20+. He's at that age now where a lot of strikers kick on and improve their goal tallies significantly.

As someone else said he's improved year on year and he was looking very good til the injury. However, if he is only on 10 goals at the end of next season I'd have my doubts he'll ever get there.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
And thats the problem with Phil Jones, he could probably do many things when he's not injured but he quite often is.

For the record Evans has averaged 28 league games a season since leaving United in the same period Jones has averaged 17 a season. So i don't think Evans and Jones have similar injury problems. I doubt theres a footballer anywhere in the world who has had similar random and consistent injury problems over such a long period like Jones.
Bale maybe

Eric's Seagull

Rojo has very similar injuries problems mate which I have quoted in previous posts he has averaged just over 14.5 league games a season since he has been here but 17 games a season is really bad and I think both should be sold.

Smores

The very idea that we didn't invest heavily when needed under Fergie is ridiculous. We didn't just sign potential, like at all, if we had a gap we filled it with an established player.

stevoc

Bale maybe
Good shout but difference there is though when fit Bale is actually a top player.

Rojo has very similar injuries problems mate which I have quoted in previous posts he has averaged just over 14.5 league games a season since he has been here but 17 games a season is really bad and I think both should be sold.
Yeah i'd actually forgot about Rojo as i'm sure many United fans do.

Sad thing is between the two of them they're not even giving us the same amount of games as one reliable defender would.

Tiber

Theres clearly more to it than this. Why didn't he go to Barca? Not hard to assume it involves a record fee to Raiola....difficult when he is trashing the club in public to get Pogba a move

Eric's Seagull

Yeah i'd actually forgot about Rojo as i'm sure many United fans do.

Sad thing is between the two of them they're not even giving us the same amount of games as one reliable defender would.
I actually forgot about Rojo myself until I checked his statistics last season mate. Totally agree with you point in bold. Hence why I believe both need to be sold.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Theres clearly more to it than this. Why didn't he go to Barca? Not hard to assume it involves a record fee to Raiola....difficult when he is trashing the club in public to get Pogba a move
Juventus offered him €12m a year after taxes. Barcelona offered a third of that

stevoc

Its possible the Raiola/Pogba angle played a part but it's just as likely that the player preferred Italy to the north west of England.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Bollocks...there are two elements as to why we weren't involved.

1) The player definitely wouldn't have wanted the move, given where he is and where we are. He is a legit wonderkid, and as such should only be moving to a club who can blood him into a successful setup...and we can't offer that.

2) We won't be sleeping with Raiola again.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Has a decent relationship with United, we loaned Tuanzebe to Villa whilst he was there, wonder if we can off load/loan some players to Newcastle as a sweetener for Longstaff joining

nainaisson

This clown is really starting to annoy me. Juventus game him a release clause that becomes active in 3 years, something United or PSG would never do. If either of those clubs had offered more money and a release clause, he probably would have picked them instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.