Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlahRules

I wou

Sky sources: Everton agree deal in principle to sell Ademola Lookman to RB Leipzig for £22.5m.
i wish Everton had let him go last season, he would have had his break out season like Sancho.

Let’s hope he fulfill his potential now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Weird how he never got a proper look-in under Silva. @SilentWitness - what’s the verdict from Everton fans in general on this one? I know Bernard picked up a bit towards the end of the season, but from the outside looking in I’d definitely prefer Lookman to him or Walcott.
Really don't get this one. There must be something behind the scenes because everytime he came on for us he looked miles better than Walcott. Bernard is pretty crucial to the way Silva likes to play due to his workrate and he is similar to DCL in that he just needs to improve his end product stats so I don't mind him starting over Lookman but yeah. 25m is a good fee for someone that's barely started for us in the past 2 years but still a very strange one. I'll be interested to see if he excels or not.

Red Rash

I wou

i wish Everton had let him go last season, he would have had his break out season like Sancho.

Also an epic name (if Wikipedia is to be believed):

Ademola Lookman Olajade Alade Aylola Lookman

Eric's Seagull

I wou

Maybe he has his breakthrough season next year and we get when we get priced out of Sancho deal. Although I dont know how good he is and wonder why Everton would sell a potential talent for such a small fee in today's market.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Pogba is their top.target and they won't (or cant) pay for him. Why do you think they would pay for Neymar?

Also, Zidane isn't a fool, I can't see him upsetting his squad and fans to sign a crybaby who can't even turn up for the league title winning celebration, and someone who throws his toys out the pram and downs tools when he doesn't get his way.

Imho Neymar should be worthless. He's vastly overrated and a massive cnut that disrespects and upsets his team. If PSG don't sell him this Summer, he should be left to rot in the reserves to teach him some humility. They can afford to do that and it would be amazing to see.
They certainly can pay for Pogba but seemingly don't want to at the prices quoted and by all accounts Florentino Perez would prefer Eriksen who would probably be available for a third of what Pogba would cost in transfer fee and probably half the wages. Or they could wait and sign Eriksen for nothing next summer.

There are fewer than a handful of better footballers in the world than Neymar so I don't see how you can claim he is overrated at all.

I have never seen any mention of any previous teammates disliking him either, quite the contrary in fact.

How does this tit keep getting so many chances?
(re Ravel Morrison) because he is an extremely talented tit and has made such a mess of things in the past that his bargaining position is so weak that he has basically become a free roll of a dice for clubs of a certain level.

Really don't get this one. There must be something behind the scenes because everytime he came on for us he looked miles better than Walcott. Bernard is pretty crucial to the way Silva likes to play due to his workrate and he is similar to DCL in that he just needs to improve his end product stats so I don't mind him starting over Lookman but yeah. 25m is a good fee for someone that's barely started for us in the past 2 years but still a very strange one. I'll be interested to see if he excels or not.
As a general rule, if RB Leipzig want a young player from you then you should probably be keeping hold of him.

I can only assume he isn't the style of player Silva wants, too much of an individual in playing style possibly, dribbling, attacks breaking down etc.

Reactions: van der star

Kemizee

I'm happy to give rashford and martial the lead as the strikers with Sanchez and greenwood filling in for injuries and rotation.
This in principle means you will be happy to see us in another battle for 5th and 6th place because truth be told, none of the four players you mentioned are good enough for a club of our ambitions. At least not currently.

Eric's Seagull

I'm happy to give rashford and martial the lead as the strikers with Sanchez and greenwood filling in for injuries and rotation.
100% respect your opinion but disagree with it.
We would need Martial to hit much higher figures which I expect to him to do, although his best tally in the league is 11 goals. Am expecting Rashford to step up to the mark and score at least 15 in the league. Dont think Sanchez can be relied upon as either starter or backup if one of 2 previously mentioned players gets injured as he only scored 1 league all last season is abysmal bu any standards but especially considering the wages he receives. Greenwood is a talent and might surprise a few people and s ore a few but I think it is unfair to expect to much out of him at his age. Dont think this would be near enough on it's own and due to this I think not having a replacement for Lukaku, should he move on, will severely hinder us mate.

tonnas

Jones will do very well at Leicester, good player just hampered with injuries

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"United don't loosen with Pogba.They keep the 200m€ price.The club and Zidane are starting to see very difficult the transfer.
The absolute priority,the exit of 6 players"

Chairman Steve

Those gurns are worth £5m on their own. Imagine the sponsorship and marketing abilities you could have with one of those gurns in a Leicester shirt being made into a meme! :angel::wenger:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Including Jones in the Maguire deal would make it even more appealing tbh.

AJ10

A player not even being close to 100 mil and a past it midfielder oh plus the 40 mil for neymar :lol:

Where's the cheese and onion crisps?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Jones will do very well at Leicester, good player just hampered with injuries
He's the epitome of the classic situation of players getting better in fans minds the more time they're out injured.

He's never been much good.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
"United willing to pay £80m plus taking on Harry Maguire to prevent Phil Jones getting a testimonial"

This is how I'm choosing to read these stories. Not that it'll happen.

-Supreme-

He's the epitome of the classic situation of players getting better in fans minds the more time they're out injured.

He's never been much good.
I'd put Herrera to the list too but mainly due to the fact that he was never good enough to make the spot his own since he's been here for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.