Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedObsession99

They will come again next year and i hope we will ask for same amount ( if its 150-180mil ), next year think they will spit the money and get him. Pogba, fat cnut and Real overplayed a bit their cards this summer.
Next year with football inflation, to Real Madrid it'll be £200-250m or swap for Mbappe with PSG

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Multiple sources confirmed that there were two bids, one form united and one from city. Why would Rogers lie about that ? If lcfc wanted to play with that to increase the price of the player, they would use the media. Rogers wouldn't risk lying about the offer.
With his penchant for them, Rodgers is probably trying to push the bidding war to a sealed envelope bid.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
City were in for him, but i think they wont make a higher bid. There were several reports stating they arent in the race anymore. So technically it is true what he said, that bid from City was weeks ago though.
Multiple sources confirmed that there were two bids, one form united and one from city. Why would Rogers lie about that ? If lcfc wanted to play with that to increase the price of the player, they would use the media. Rogers wouldn't risk lying about the offer.
OK, let me qualify. I don't believe City are currently in for him and seeing as they should well have known he'd be massively overpriced I doubt they were genuinely in for him to begin with. I'd be very interested to know what their supposed offer was. I think this is Brendan trying to put pressure on United to cough up the full unmerited amount sharpish. And given how we dealt with AWB, we won't.

Best case scenario with regards to Maguire, is Leicester strengthening their defense prior to selling him, in an effort not to be taken advantage of with 70m in their pocket. And then we can haggle with better leverage.

That being said, if City actually did buy him for 80-90m, I'd have no problem with that. There are other options out there who would improve us.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Pogba was immense today and provided a reminder of what he can do that no other player in the side can. He has to stay at this point.
Against Leeds? What does he do throughout the course of the season? Nowhere near consistent for his price tag. He's not a leader.

OleGunnar20

Now this would be a great move. Terrific player, versatile, looks to have his head screwed on, good age - all for it.

I'm sure I read that he's keen to stay in Italy though? Who knows, a guy can dream.

DoomSlayer

Now this would be a great move. Terrific player, versatile, looks to have his head screwed on, good age - all for it.

I'm sure I read that he's keen to stay in Italy though? Who knows, a guy can dream.
I have literally never seen him play. What is his style, controlling midfielder, defensive, attacking?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Never seen him play so not got an opinion on him, however it seems more likely Roma wanting Spurs to hurry up with the Alderweireld deal.
Would be a fantastic move. He's tall, powerful, young, has technical ability. One of the starlets of Italian football. And I would assume he'd easily be a better fit for our midfield than both Fred and Pereira. However, this is a fairly obscure two day old tweet, that I only posted for a bit of muppetry. I'd be surprised if we'd make such a great value signing requiring scouting outside the country :D

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Reliable?
Not sure. Saw it on the BBC, referencing the Mirror, which in turn was referencing this Italian outlet, Calcio Mercato. The Italian Caf residents should probably know...

I'd be surprised. I'd also be surprised if they wanted Alderweireld that badly that they'd go "hey, have our hugely promising box to box midfielder while we're at it".

edit: but if we suspend logic, there is good muppetry to be had.

Gasolin

I have literally never seen him play. What is his style, controlling midfielder, defensive, attacking?
I don't know the guy, but there was a goal that was at some point "famous" where he kind of plays against both the defender and the keeper and just lob them. He seems to have composure in front of the goal for this specific goal... not sure in general.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't know the guy, but there was a goal that was at some point "famous" where he kind of plays against both the defender and the keeper and just lob them. He seems to have composure in front of the goal for this specific goal... not sure in general.

min 1:46

OleGunnar20

From what I've seen I'd say he'd develop best as an attacking-minded box-to-box midfielder, a little like former spurs Dembele with less penetrative dribbling (can't think of a better example from the top of my head)

He's a big lad, strong and looks good at shielding the ball. Good eye for a pass (played as a #10 primarily I think) but a hard-worker too who puts a shift in defensively.

Versatile too. Ive only seen him play at 10 / CM but I'm pretty sure he's been played out wide also, RW I think.

Overall he plays like someone more mature than a 20-year old. I think he's got great football IQ, a hard-working winners mentality & the technical ability to shine in a top league.

Saying this I haven't seen a massive amount of him as I don't primarily watch Roma games, but what from I've seen he looks like a top prospect. Would fit in well as a more attacking Herrera replacement.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
We will sign one more player before the window shuts. I am hoping it's Bruno Fernandes and not Maguire
I think you'll sign both, plus possibly another forward if Lukaku leaves, Ole was quite clear that they have plans for that .... Yedder?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Hoping for Ben Yedder, Fernandes and Maguire, although he wouldn't be my first choice, mate.
I know next to nothing about Yedder, bar what I've read in papers and on here. But a summer that got you James, AWB, Maguire Fernandes and Yedder, while losing Lukaku, Herrera, Valencia and possibly Darmian would be a good one I reckon and certainly improve your first team dramatically.

Eric's Seagull

I know next to nothing about Yedder, bar what I've read in papers and on here. But a summer that got you James, AWB, Maguire Fernandes and Yedder, while losing Lukaku, Herrera, Valencia and possibly Darmian would be a good one I reckon and certainly improve your first team dramatically.
I think it has been a decent summer but I would have liked to see a Herrera replacement brought in.

lysglimt

Scout
I think it has been a decent summer but I would have liked to see a Herrera replacement brought in.
If we have Pogba, Fernandes, McTominay, Pereira, Fred and Matic - I really don't see the extreme need for another midfielder - especially if we are gonna give Garner and Gomes chances as well. Better to spend the money on a goalscorer

Eric's Seagull

If we have Pogba, Fernandes, McTominay, Pereira, Fred and Matic - I really don't see the extreme need for another midfielder - especially if we are gonna give Garner and Gomes chances as well. Better to spend the money on a goalscorer
I would only want Pogba to stay if he is fullly commited and decides to turn up every game in which case he is a phenomenal player. From what I've seen of Fernandes which is not a lot, he seems very good and I am looking forward too seeing him play next to Pogba, should Pogba stay. I think McTominay will further improve and I think Ole likes him as he carriers out his orders exactly, Fred needs a good season as he has had his year to bed in our he can go next summer, I think Matic should just be kept for the big games as his legs can't handle being a starter regularly. I am expecting big things from both Garner and Gomes but as they are both young I'm not expecting too much this season and think they will need a season to bed in mate.

Classical Mechanic

Are we supposed to believe that there is a tug of war between United and City? I'm not sure I believe City are really in for him. But it's a great narrative for Leicester.
I think City did bid, their interest was well documented by Sam Lee. I don’t think there’s a tug of war because they bid a while back and pulled out because of the fee Leicester wanted. I mean this from Rogers saying it is pretty strong evidence.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Against Leeds? What does he do throughout the course of the season? Nowhere near consistent for his price tag. He's not a leader.
He produced similar performances to what we saw today throughout last season. You take him out of our midfield and we have no one who can do what he's capable of. Never said he was a leader, we don't need him to be.

Bestietom

We still need a midfield general and a DM. There is no sign of any interest in top midfielders with just 3 weeks to go. This is the area where we lacked most last season. Lack of cover for back 4 and not enough service for our forwards. 65 goals scored with 54 against.

Status
Not open for further replies.