Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_de_pologne

United fans appear to have become like a bunch of hysterical teenage girls.

All the moaning in the world won’t change the makeup of the squad come the season.

Why are you doing it to yourselves? We are not the footballing power we once were and it’s going to be a number of years if we are ever to attain it again.

Looks like this year we are going to have to get behind the kids and see what is what come seasons end. Why don’t we all relax and try to enjoy it.
I don't come to the twitter thread to enjoy lack of signings :mad:

dove

All the moaning in the world won’t change the makeup of the squad come the season.

Why are you doing it to yourselves? We are not the footballing power we once were and it’s going to be a number of years if we are ever to attain it again.

Looks like this year we are going to have to get behind the kids and see what is what come seasons end. Why don’t we all relax and try to enjoy it.
That's the spirit, seeing the club you support for life fall behind every single year is fine, just sit back and enjoy.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

Posts like this honestly enrage me. We aren't Everton mate, we are one of the biggest clubs in the world. It isn't acceptable at any other huge club to do this poorly so it shouldn't be here. The problem we have is that our fans lack ambition.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
What a nonsense made up story. He isn't a slave, it matters not one bit to him if Madrid include an option to buy or not if he doesn't want a permanent move all he has to do is reject it.

I have never liked or rated this guy but even from the low point I had him at he has seriously nosedived over the last 18 months or so, no matter how much BBC desperately try to play him up as the go to man all things Manchester. Like a lot of the top journalists on BBC football they try to make everything they say sound amazingly intelligent and insightful just by speaking very slowly and laboured. Some must lap it up though.

Alemar

Posts like this honestly enrage me. We aren't Everton mate, we are one of the biggest clubs in the world. It isn't acceptable at any other huge club to do this poorly so it shouldn't be here. The problem we have is that our fans lack ambition.
Agreed. No one should fecking care about "getting top 4" and similar shite milestones. It must be about trophies every year and improving the squad every year.

Speedicut75

Sounds very much like you're a fan of the last scene in 'Life Of Brian'.

Fingeredmouse

He plays in a tin pot league. I'd say the championship is more competitive. I'm not saying he cant do it at the top level but we dont know til he moves. To say hes above shaw is simply not true right now.
I'd say he is better than Shaw and he's shown it in Europe as well as his "tin pot" league. The Championship is more competitive for sure. The Championship is also more competitive than the English Premier League.

El-Manos

The defence looks good if we get Maguire but not buying a single midfielder after we've lost two doesnt make any sense. And we need to buy a striker too if Lukaku goes. Three ins and one out in 11 days is doable.
Not for Ed.

WPMUFC

Looks like this year we are going to have to get behind the kids .
why are you assuming that the "kids" will even get a chance to play?

Matic, Lingard, Mata, Smalling,Jones, Young, are all vastly more likely to get play time over Axel, Angel, Greenwood etc etc

Jacob

I'm honestly so fed up with this window that I only want players leaving. Take another shit season, run down the contracts of deadwood and shop big with accumulated savings from this summer.

El-Manos

Enjoy our demise? We said the same thing last season after a disastrous window. Guess what happened ? Surprise surprise. We ended 6th. There is nothing to enjoy if your club has feck all ambition.

SaintMuppet

Sounds very much like you're a fan of the last scene in 'Life Of Brian'.
I just realize I can’t change anything by being stressed, jumping up and down, and throwing toys about.

If your favorite sport/team/hobby evokes that in you maybe you are into the wrong thing.

NJM78

Its probably because we know the kids wont play much and Ole will stick to "experience" aka mediocre.
I would love to see Lingard, Mata etc get hardly any game time whilst the youngsters play but it wont happen, we will also see loads of Smalling and Jones whilst Pogba will get stick from fans after he continuously gets stifled as teams know he is our best player and we stink as a creative team.

What's not to be hysterical about, fans would just like to get top 4 not win leagues and CLs as we know that is not happening for a very long time, personally though I don't want a battle with Leicester and Wolves for a top 6 place.

We may be surprised in next 11 days but if no further additions I fear you will see a lot more hysterical teenage girls as you call it!

Fooza

Yeh I really enjoyed end of last season, was a hoot. :rolleyes:

You can't really say we will be picking the kids for the coming season even though they did well in the pre-season either. Ole will pick a very similar team that we had the end of the last season if we don't get signings in.

I can understand the frustation, I'll have the same frustration come 8th Aug if we don't end up signing anymore players. But for now I'm reserving judgement.

vanderpants

I don't come to the twitter thread to enjoy lack of signings :mad:
That's the spirit, seeing the club you support for life fall behind every single year is fine, just sit back and enjoy.

This This and This!

We are Utd, we use to buy whoever we wanted and bought well, now we are buying championship players and our squad is only slightly better than last season, who knows yet pogba might leave this window and then we are fecked

Canagel

Enjoy our demise? We said the same thing last season after a disastrous window. Guess what happened ? Surprise surprise. We ended 6th. There is nothing to enjoy if your club has feck all ambition.
You're a moaner, just stay quiet and enjoy the ride to 6th place. :lol:

Cantona in disguise

I'd say he is better than Shaw and he's shown it in Europe as well as his "tin pot" league. The Championship is more competitive for sure. The Championship is also more competitive than the English Premier League.
I think you know I meant more competitive in terms of quality but you choose to ignore that. He has not shown hes better than shaw at the top level. He may well go on to be better but until he moves away from his tin pot league you cannot compare the two.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
It would be great if he could have a season in England, but seems like he insists on some massive wages so can't see anyone but City signing him.

RedDevilRoshi

Just seems like we need to sell first before we can buy. Hence probably why we are desperate to offload Lukaku in order to bring in 1-2 players.

Sanche7

I'm honestly so fed up with this window that I only want players leaving. Take another shit season, run down the contracts of deadwood and shop big with accumulated savings from this summer.
Out net spend last year was what 50 mill or something? So even if we had the usual 150 mill budget, we must have had 100mill in 'savings' from last summer. Add that to 150 from this summer, that's 250 mill without any sales. But we don't see us spending 250 mill because there is no such thing as accumulated savings. Even if we spend 0 pounds net this summer, we are going to spend only 100 million or around that next summer.

I expected us to be a bit more proactive this summer because the Glazers know that no CL next year means 30 mill per year drop in Adidas sponsorship on top of losing other revenue streams due to lack of CL. But looks like they don't care about that even. I can see us spending even less next year if we fail to qualify for the CL

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
This guy any good and does he help wolves close the gap on us quality wise. Obviously head to head they love playing us, I mean overall league table wise.
He´s good but had too many problems with injuries. Don´t know if it´s the best loan for him

rotherham_red

Haha even in the interview that's quoted he said if the player wants to go there's nothing the club can do about it. He's just posturing and will cave once we bid what he wants.

Reckon we'll have Maguire and Longstaff wrapped up by deadline day, IMO.

NJM78

Haha even in the interview that's quoted he said if the player wants to go there's nothing the club can do about it. He's just posturing and will cave once we bid what he wants.

Reckon we'll have Maguire and Longstaff wrapped up by deadline day, IMO.
I think I'm the only one who doesnt want this guy. So I hope Newcaste stay strong.

Jacob

Out net spend last year was what 50 mill or something? So even if we had the usual 150 mill budget, we must have had 100mill in 'savings' from last summer. Add that to 150 from this summer, that's 250 mill without any sales. But we don't see us spending 250 mill because there is no such thing as accumulated savings. Even if we spend 0 pounds net this summer, we are going to spend only 100 million or around that next summer.

I expected us to be a bit more proactive this summer because the Glazers know that no CL next year means 30 mill per year drop in Adidas sponsorship on top of losing other revenue streams due to lack of CL. But looks like they don't care about that even. I can see us spending even less next year if we fail to qualify for the CL
You have to consider wages too. We have a lot of deadwood earning more than starters for CL challenging teams. I.e. Rojo, Young, Lingard, Sanchez etz.

Godfather

I think I'm the only one who doesnt want this guy. So I hope Newcaste stay strong.
I don't mind him. If people think this will be a successful transfer window if this guy joins they are out of their minds though. I doubt he'll bring the quality to our CM (straight away) that we need.

RedNed77

He'd sell his own mum.
He's not really said he's not for sale as he's even admitted if the player wants to go its hard to retain him. Seems like Longstaff will have to put in a transfer reuest and we'll end up paying close to the £50m if we want him. Ashley can be obdurate when he wants to be, which is how Andy Caroll ended up being a £35m pound player. But as you say, he would sell his own mum.

SATA

We'll offload Lukaku first before our transfer activity starts moving again. Maybe it's true we need the money from that sale to buy our targets. Whether it's Maguire and/or someone else

Crashoutcassius

Agreed. No one should fecking care about "getting top 4" and similar shite milestones. It must be about trophies every year and improving the squad every year.
On one hand you have Liverpool and city who have build a squad and a philosophy over a number of years to reach the top. On the other hand you have us jumping from one fad to the next wild extreme and running fast to go nowhere. If we had the right attitude a few seasons ago instead of trying to get the most short term success possible we might be a lot better today.

jeepers

Y’all are overreacting over Pepe to Arsenal. He’s not worth £72m and will never be worth that. I can’t understand how people even rate him that highly. Arsenal are crazy to pay that amount of money given the deficiencies in their team.

Plus I’m happy they are getting Pepe over Zaha. Zaha’s a whiny lil biatch with a cnut face. Never liked him cos Moyes bought him and disliked him even more when he started coming up with a thousand and one excuses for his failure to step up after fecking off back to Palace.

Dong Fangzhuo

Y’all are overreacting over Pepe to Arsenal. He’s not worth £72m and will never be worth that. I can’t understand how people even rate him that highly. Arsenal are crazy to pay that amount of money given the deficiencies in their team.

Plus I’m happy they are getting Pepe over Zaha. Zaha’s a whiny lil biatch with a cnut face. Never liked him cos Moyes bought him and disliked him even more when he started coming up with a thousand and one excuses for his failure to step up after fecking off back to Palace.
Moyes didn't buy Zaha, SAF did.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

SAF bought Zaha before he retired.

dove

On one hand you have Liverpool and city who have build a squad and a philosophy over a number of years to reach the top. On the other hand you have us jumping from one fad to the next wild extreme and running fast to go nowhere. If we had the right attitude a few seasons ago instead of trying to get the most short term success possible we might be a lot better today.
In order to build a good squad over a number of years you need to have a clear plan and ideas. We have none of that. We went from arguably the greatest manager in the history to clueless Moyes to "don't you dare lose the ball" LVG to "you are most vulnerable when you have the ball" Jose to Ole. When Ole is sacked I can bet we will get another extremely different manager who will want to scrap half the squad. That's our planning.

NJM78

We'll offload Lukaku first before our transfer activity starts moving again. Maybe it's true we need the money from that sale to buy our targets. Whether it's Maguire and/or someone else
I thought it's been made clear that Inter cannot pay more than 10-20m upfront if any deal is agreed. That's not a lot of money. If we are waiting for such small amounts to add up to make a bid for Maguire we really are skint. Cant see it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.