Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

I hope Lukaku does go at this stage because God help us if we have to play him in August after no preseason. His touch is bad enough when properly prepared, he'll be murdering pigeons without one.

diarm

Bruno his replacement ? Rather than Pogba’s replacement? I doubt we are after Yedder & Dybala won’t leave Juve
Why would you doubt we are after Ben Yedder if Lukaku leaves?

It was widely reported that he was lined up as a potential replacement and it's hardly a fantasy signing.

Alexit

Our list of midfielders doesn't make for great reading. We're still lacking after all of these years. So frustrating!

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Don't get me wrong, it would be great if we shifted that lump Lukaku but he is still a proven Premier League goalscorer with really good numbers. I'd be concerned about who the replacement is going to be. The prospect of Dyabala as his replacement doesn't sound amazing and Bruno Fernandes, a midfielder, makes no sense.

VanGaalyTime

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

FromTheBench

Don't get me wrong, it would be great if we shifted that lump Lukaku but he is still a proven Premier League goalscorer with really good numbers. I'd be concerned about who the replacement is going to be. The prospect of Dyabala as his replacement doesn't sound amazing and Bruno Fernandes, a midfielder, makes no sense.
Whether he's a proven goalscorer or not is irrelevant if Lukaku is not playing.

Bestietom

Lukaku, Darmian, Rojo, Jones. I would be happy to see these gone before deadline day.
Sanchez no chance. Wages too high and he is happy to sit on benchanting and bank it.

Mick1

Why do we care how good he is in accounting? for us and the most important he is s**t at football and he is taking the sporting decisions. He is the Glazers dog and do exactly what they ask him to do, and have zero interest in the fans and what they wish for the club.
Because accounting and general business management are very important in terms of running the club, and they go hand in hand in football.

As per " Glazer s dog and Glazer s puppet". He is employed by the glazers to make the best possible returns on your investment. That s called an employee. Fans are a fickle bunch and their opinions/ thoughts should be contained, not allowed to run the club.

I just think everyone is overstating the role of Ed Woodward. The club is run successfully, hence why we are capable of being so dogshte, and still have the world s most expensive squad.

There are hundreds of employees on the football side of things, and on the board. Just because you don't know every single one doesn t mean they don't exist or play a role.

And Ed Woodward will be significantly more aware of his limitations as a football coach, which is why he is a CEO not a coach. Decisions are made from the ground up, some driven by fans ( Jose and Van Gaal sacking, Ole made permanent), some by the football men, some by the manager.

Also, any company s success is measured by financial power, a lot more than on the pitch. Manchester United FC is a company, and football is one of the many aspects of this company. We just need a consistent capable managerial head to power us through the post-saf period.

In any case all I wanted to say is that Eddy is not the be all end all of the club. He s an employee, very capable by all accounts at what he does, and holds no more power than that. If anything I'd see it as a " devil you know" appointment. Glazes trust him enough to allocate funds, and if he doesn't stay within their expectations, he will be replaced. He just needs to hire better football brains, the ones we have are not enough and I'm confident this will be addressed.

redpatron

Are they just figuring out we have a week left?
He can move to clubs outside England. And he’s not leaving, we ain’t getting maguire, Bailly’s injured, and Phil will get his monthly injury like his monthly period. Can’t go into a season with three healthy cbs.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So... We're looking like this:

Out:
Lukaku - Certain
Rojo - Maybe
Darmian - Maybe

In:
Fernandes - Maybe
Maguire - Maybe
Longstaff - Maybe
Dybala - If Lukaku goes Juventus
Other striker (Ben Yedder?) - If Lukaku goes Inter

Looks like theres a lot of work to do in the next week because that's a lot of maybe's. (Obviously the out's can take longer as rojo/darmian wouldn't need replacing)

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Out:
Lukaku - Certain
Rojo - Maybe
Darmian - Maybe

In:
Fernandes - Maybe
Maguire - Maybe
Longstaff - Maybe

Looks like theres a lot of work to do in the next week because that's a lot of maybe's. (Obviously the out's can take longer as rojo/darmian wouldn't need replacing)
Not a chance the club are getting all the above deals across the line with such little time left. It will be Lukaku out and the money reinvested into Maguire.

spaceboyRSA

Out:
Lukaku - Certain
Rojo - Maybe
Darmian - Maybe

In:
Fernandes - Maybe
Maguire - Maybe
Longstaff - Maybe

Add

Out:

Pogba- Maybe

reddev3

I really don't see us buying a Lukaku replacement. I think the money will be used on Fernandes, he will then take Lingard spot and Martial and Rashford will be 1st and 2nd choice striker in no particular order judging by pre season.

Enigma_87

You know who

Out:
Lukaku - Certain
Rojo - Maybe
Darmian - Maybe

In:
Fernandes - Maybe
Maguire - Maybe
Longstaff - Maybe

That won't be actually bad turnout - getting Bruno, Maguire, Dybala and Ben Yedder, whilst shipping off Lukaku, Rojo and Darmian. It's highly unlikely considering the time left and the inability of our negotiation team, but one can dream..

Status
Not open for further replies.