Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronRedDevil

I feel like screaming like a little girl with all these names. But I'm not getting too excited till the final day.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I dont know what to believe anymore. According to Portuguese press, there hasn't been so much as any discussion or official bid and Sporting say they expect news like this to keep coming out. I'm so confused.
Especially when you consider all the news of him being with us stems from the Portuguese media in the first place.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We are potentially signing 3(!) players?

I really hope Pogba stays now we will have some team!

Infra-red

Erm, Lukaku ?
That looks like it might end up being a swap deal, one which might cost us at most a net £15m.

James, AWB, Fernandes and Maguire are going to set us back another £230m (assuming reported fees are accurate).

As I said above, that's a massive net spend, which would be offset rather nicely (from the Glazers' perspective) by £130m+ for Pogba.

NJM78

We are potentially signing 3(!) players?

I really hope Pogba stays now we will have some team!
I know, can you imagine. If we then got CL at season end and then go out and buy a top DM and Jadon Sancho next summer. We’d be challenging again for sure.

One can dream.

Kostov

That looks like it might end up being a swap deal, one which might cost us at most a net £15m.

James, AWB, Fernandes and Maguire are going to set us back another £230m (assuming reported fees are accurate).

As I said above, that's a massive net spend, which would be offset rather nicely (from the Glazers' perspective) by £130m+ for Pogba.
It all depends how much we will actually agree on. I think we can easily spend such sums if the Glazers feel under pressure to prove a point to the fans. Are they that stupid to sell Pogba this late and ruin the season? I guess we will see.

VanGaalyTime

If we get Bruno and Dybala then I think Pogba is going.
I don't think so. At the end of his press conference just now Ole was asked whether the first 11 today was the first 11 for Chelsea and he said "I think you know that when Paul Pogba doesn't start it's not our first 11."

Fox outside the box

Look, nationality isn’t the key driver in this....for what it’s worth we don’t have a great track record with South americans, but feck it, if it’s confusing let’s just say, “I don’t think we should bring in a superstar player that doesn’t want to be here”.
It isn't confusing.

I personally think there's a difference between 'not wanting to be here' and a player not immediately jumping at the chance to leave. Like I said, Fergie got very hands on in convincing people to sign. A manager intervening and selling a project to a player isnt a new thing. If he actively didn't want to come, of course we should steer clear and I'd hope we wouldn't push forward and sign him.

Di Maria is a very different situation and personality coming into a totally different situation and personality as manager. Di Maria and LVG was always potential fireworks and the fact that there was a club he wanted to go to but wasn't able to, is also not the same.

Amarsdd

It's already starting. ABU media has already started saying that these (Dybala, Bruno) look like panic buys even before it has happened. I guess United can do no right.

jesperjaap

I dont know what to believe anymore. According to Portuguese press, there hasn't been so much as any discussion or official bid and Sporting say they expect news like this to keep coming out. I'm so confused.
I get the feeling Fernandes isnt happening, it has gone on so long now chanign gevery day from we are going to make a bid, in discussions to not actually interested. Surely this one would have been done by now as we have been heavily linked so long.

The only reason I can think it hasnt been as it is merely plan b if Madrid suddenly make a Pogba offer at around the £150m mark and if that happens we should really be signign more than one plan b

jesperjaap

We are in the final stages for:
Dybala
SMS
Bruno
Maguire

Bloody hell, this will be best window ever
Depends who goes doesnt it really. And obviously mainly dependant on one of those goings being Pogba. Personally think we do want shot of Lukaku (good). We dont want shot of Pogba, but if an offer comes in high enough we will accept and we will be trying to make transfers.

From what I have read in the presss I do think there was interest in Longstaff but the price is way too high, I do think there is interest in Maguire and we are still haggling (we should get it done or move on elsewhere as a centre back is vital I think this window). I do think the Dybala stories are true, swaps hardly ever seem to happen though so not sure it will happen especailly as even though he is benched, he obviousloy loves Juvantus rather than not wanting to come with us, cant argue against that as a negative really I feel. Not sure there is any truth in SMS at all personally and only think Fernandes is the back up option if Pogba goes. Even if Pogba and Lukaku do go, if we do sign those four added to Bissaka, could be a good window, not seen anywhere near enough of SMS or Bruno to feel either way definitively.
I would say though......its lacking a defensive midfielder, would rather sign one of them and a defensive midfielder personally

FromTheBench

Maguire and Bruno. If Lukaku leaves, we will replace him with Dybala. I dont think he has Lukaku included
Why would we get both dybala and Fernandes?

If Lukaku leaves we may go for a proper striker. Or just persisit with martial and rashford up top. Maybe Sanchez as a option.

Robboadam31

Are we likely to get any updates in next hour? Don’t they normally throw out updates about 10pm?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Maguire and Bruno. If Lukaku leaves, we will replace him with Dybala. I dont think he has Lukaku included
You're not fitting Bruno and Dybala in the same team, they're best in the same position. I'd bet my life that it'll be one or the other, not both.

izec

If Lukaku leaves we may go for a proper striker. Or just persisit with martial and rashford up top. Maybe Sanchez as a option.
We are in for both of them. We have a free run at both of them and are negotiating for both at the moment. I dont think it is either one or the other, otherwise it doesnt make sense

Josep Dowling

Lukaku hasn’t been involved with any pre-season and had loads of social media photos with his agent. I think it’s clear he’s going. Get the feeling the Juventus and Dybala swap is to push Inter into action. Just my feeling, I can’t believe Dybala would want to come to United.

jesperjaap

Hope so as not a big fan of either, Lukaku is just not good enough and Pogba just isnt consistent enough to justify what we have spent on them. Dont think either are irreplacable at all like some people think......but if 1 or 2 leave and we sign for example one more player, have we really progressed that much this window?

Sure we have youngsters coming through and we have sorted out the right back spot, but if its 1 more player it has to be a cb, and if both leave two signings really isnt enough to sort the areas of concern and like I said Im not a big fan of either player

Stretch

Portuguese press (RTP) spoke to Sporting sources. Those sources didn't deny that talks are happening. They denied, very specifically, that "claims which said Manchester United and the Lions have an agreement that will only be revealed after the Portuguese Supertaça". They also then say an official bid has not been made and that's also probably true, as DiMarzio said the deal is close, not done. Official bids sometimes only get made once the negotiations are done.

pacifictheme

Dybala could play as a false 9. Have you seen what man city have up top?

Skåre Willoch

You're not fitting Bruno and Dybala in the same team, they're best in the same position. I'd bet my life that it'll be one or the other, not both.
Are you sure? I thought Bruno is a CM. Dybala is a false 9/ wide forward.

FromTheBench

We are in for both of them. We have a free run at both of them and are negotiating for both at the moment. I dont think it is either one or the other, otherwise it doesnt make sense
We may have been going for Fernandes but then Dybala came up as swap for Lukaku so might have changed our mind.

Who knows why we are targeting a am over a right winger though.

Status
Not open for further replies.