Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Everyone is getting carried away but to me we are once again not sorting any of the issues in our squad.

If we play 4-3-3, we need a CB, DM and a RW

If we play 4-2-3-1 we need a CB, DM and a RW.

Both Bruno Fernandes and Dybala are number 10s and unless Pogba is in the midfield two they can’t slot in. Pogba doesn’t do his defensive duties in the midfield two and plays a lot better as the highest midfielder.

It’s all well buying big names but if they don’t fit in to the squad what’s the point in signing them. I want a functional team for a change rather than slotting star names into the wrong positions. It doesn’t work.
Good point, we have a pretty poor recent history of slotting in number 10 as well all the way back to Kagawa.

Must say I am surprised with people not rating Dybala though, not seen much of him the season past, but appears he was benched for the best player in the world, but every time I have seen him right back to Palermo he has been top quality. Getting rid of Lukaku for Dybala is a huge step up. I see Dybala personally more as a better version of Daniel Sturridge who I could never decide what his best position is, dont see him as a number 10 though, think he woul dplay up front or on the right in our current systems.

Seen very little of Fernandes to even comment, but I do think Dybala, Greenwood, Martial, Sanchez and RAshford are all interchangable and give us a lot of options, just a case of getting the right combination.

DO think the big priority myself is a cb though like you say and in either system a dm is very important too. All we have solved so far is the right back problem, still a lot to do and for me irrespective of who leaves we need exactly what you say

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Anyone else find it convenient that the press have been briefed on a Dybala deal the day after the open letter to the Glazers was circulating some of the press?

prateik

No one cares about open letters.. No one outside a couple of message boards.

jesperjaap

Heinze asked the club to let him join the dippers. Tevez joined the bitters.

That's pretty bad for me.

They are from the other side of the world though, so English club loyalty isnt going to mean the same thign is it, never has to Tevez. I get it being annoying and see someone commenting about Paul Ince.....but Andy Cole and Schmeichel also played for City, never seen them get stick and neither should they.

We havent had a huge amount of luck with SOuth AMercian players, DiMaria should have been far better but never settled (and was wrongl moved out wide as well by LVG which was a big mistake), Veron really was a luxury signing when we already had one of the best club football midfields of all time and lets face it we have always made really poor Brazilian signings rather than them flopping (bar Anderson who never hit the heights he should of).

But Heinze and Tevez were average to decent in there time here as someone stated, they would walk into the current side and were both very very good players in there short time here. Tevez was part of a cl winning side and had the heart and work rate of Rooney without quite the quality and Heinze was absolutely superb, got injured, we signed Evra who was even better. The onl criticism of them as players here was it was over a short period of time, but they were really good.

If you look at the premier league you could put in the same argument of not much success with south american players, but excluding the ones we signed others that were genuinely huge talents signed you could virtually name on one hand. The work permit situation with youngsters, climate and culture is a huge change for them and why many choose not to come here I feel, but we should still be aiming to sign real quality ones and Dybala falls into that bracket for me anyway

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why do Sky Sports only pick up on some things from Sky Italy? They’re running with the Dybala thing but not Fernandes.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Getting desperate now , getting linked with everyone, got to love the media
Everyone?

We've been linked with Fernandes and Maguire all summer

Dyballa is a new one but it seems pretty credible and concrete

Umtiti is a new one, but hey ho, wouldn't exactly class it as desperate though

Fox outside the box

No it isn’t lazy....we have one under-performing South American here causing consternation due to his salary. If Dybala doesn’t want to come then we shouldn’t bother. Nothing lazy in the narrative, just reality.
I've seen it long since any Dybala rumours and before we signed Sanchez. It is lazy because it has nothing to do with them being South American, why can't it just be 'I'd rather not sign a player that doesn't want to come to us?'

I'm not saying it's you saying it, but I've seen it loads and it is lazy, it's saying something and not bothering to even consider how reasonable it is.

May as well just say 'let's sign Danish players, that worked out before'. Player 'X' succeeding has nothing to do with player 'Y' not succeeding just because they happen to be from the same continent. May as well discuss whether or not to sign 'Europeans'.

And not everyone sees Manchester United as their dream club. Loads of players need to be enticed or convinced to come either by money or an exciting project. Ferguson recognised this and would get involved himself in swaying players.

Di Maria is a different example as well, that's another I get seen banded about a lot. He wanted to go to PSG before coming here but due to FFP they couldn't buy him so he got 'stuck' with us. If we were to convince Dybala that we're building a young, exciting team and he can be part of a project that returns us to competing for top honours and he agrees to come, that's not the same as Di Maria. For what it's worth, I don't get the impression we will sign him, it seems to rely on too many things coming together.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
No it isn’t lazy....we have one under-performing South American here causing consternation due to his salary. If Dybala doesn’t want to come then we shouldn’t bother. Nothing lazy in the narrative, just reality.
There is a massive difference between this "under-performing South American" that you are mentioning & Dybala. The former is almost past his prime while the latter is most definitely in it. A good run of games could have Dybala settle in rather quickly and forget this move even felt like a mistake. Rather than sitting on the bench at Juventus and wasting his precious years away.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Paul Ince did far more for us than both and we never forgive him for it. feck both of them. And then feck them some more.
Suppose we best get rid of Denis Law statue then eh?

AFC NimbleThumb

Aguero/Lavezzi is a bizarre comparison. Neither of those two are similar and from what I gather neither are like Dybala at all.
They’re small & Argentine.

Kinda like how Pogba reminds people of Vieira & Toure [2 more different players you couldn’t find].

The standard of sports journalism is criminal.

Stretch

Not inconceivable, no, but pretty unlikely that a Sky Italia reporter knew about it when, 24 hours later, the rest of the world (including local reporters in Leicester and Manchester) have no idea anything has happened.

Again, this doesn't mean we won't sign Maguire, it just means we haven't done it yet.
When DiMarzio reported last week that Arsenal had an 80m bid accepted for Pepe, it was noted here that 'he won't know jack about Arsenal signing a player from France' etc and how unreliable he's supposedly become. Literally a few days later it turns out he was spot on. So you don't have to be from the UK to report news from the UK reliably, you just need good sources.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I've seen it long since any Dybala rumours and before we signed Sanchez. It is lazy because it has nothing to do with them being South American, why can't it just be 'I'd rather not sign a player that doesn't want to come to us?'

I'm not saying it's you saying it, but I've seen it loads and it is lazy, it's saying something and not bothering to even consider how reasonable it is.

May as well just say 'let's sign Danish players, that worked out before'. Player 'X' succeeding has nothing to do with player 'Y' not succeeding just because they happen to be from the same continent. May as well discuss whether or not to sign 'Europeans'.

And not everyone sees Manchester United as their dream club. Loads of players need to be enticed or convinced to come either by money or an exciting project. Ferguson recognised this and would get involved himself in swaying players.

Di Maria is a different example as well, that's another I get seen banded about a lot. He wanted to go to PSG before coming here but due to FFP they couldn't buy him so he got 'stuck' with us. If we were to convince Dybala that we're building a young, exciting team and he can be part of a project that returns us to competing for top honours and he agrees to come, that's not the same as Di Maria. For what it's worth, I don't get the impression we will sign him, it seems to rely on too many things coming together.
Look, nationality isn’t the key driver in this....for what it’s worth we don’t have a great track record with South americans, but feck it, if it’s confusing let’s just say, “I don’t think we should bring in a superstar player that doesn’t want to be here”.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Red Wedding time. Locking this thread while warning everyone who has been moaning about something that has been repeatedly discussed 672 times. Don't like it? Cry to someone who cares.
I swear I’ll crack out the ban stick to the next person. I’m sick of the moaning.

izec

He rates transfers on ESPN

Bruno Fernandes to Man United: 90 percent

After coming close to joining Manchester City at the beginning of the summer, the Portuguese midfielder is set to play next season at Old Trafford. As of Tuesday afternoon, Man United were in the final stages of negotiation with Sporting CP for a fee of around £70 million. Bruno Fernandes' former club Sampdoria are expected to receive about 10 percent of the sale price.

Status
Not open for further replies.