Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

quethenoo

because 3 months wasn't enough to get the deals done whereas for Real, it's been enough to tie up 4 players. Ole is running out of excuses and seems like the perfect setup for disappointment. Yayy to mediocrity..
Did anyone actually watch the video or are they just commenting on that line? He is asked if he is in favour of the transfer window shutting early and he basically says no, it doesn't do us any favours, meaning all the English teams, which I think we all agree on! He doesn't bring it up himself and doesn't even actually say "The early deadline is not helping us"!

p.s. This isn't aimed at you personally, I have seen numerous similar comments.

M4YON

Relax just got Higuain in with him because they're trying to offload them both.

Says Dybala has 5 days to decided, he been given an extended vacation to push the deal through in time and that they're trying to offload Mandzukic to us too.

Dr. StrangeHate

Some people live in very poor conditions, living in or near Manchester shouldn't depress you. I've been to places that I consider very nice cities, such as Paris and Rome, but they have their own run down areas. Manchester is thriving, there's jobs and opportunities everywhere, redevelopment throughout the city, tonnes of shops, bars and restaurants, all sorts to do. It's one of the nicer big cities in the UK. I'm probably alone in this but i prefer it to London.
I have stayed in London, Manchester and Birmingham. For middle class people Manchester is way better. Affordable, good food and enough things to do. If you make over 200k per annum only then London becomes better.

RedChisel

I'm from the North West, I've got a right to claim it's a shithole if I want to because I've lived it my entire life.

People not from here can't.

Where the club is from has naff all to do with my support of them. The players, the managers, the fans, the history of the club does.

If we were Adelaide United and we had the same characteristics that we do then I'd support us.

Manchester is fine if you're not from there but if you've lived there or lived near there your entire life then you're jaded to what it offers. Same with the rest of the North West of England. Trust me, I'm tackling that idea at the minute to make me less miserable about where I'm from but it's tough when it's so grim. Or at the very least I am. If there are people out there who love the place then by all means be much less jaded and depressed about it than I am.
The North West has some absolutely beautiful countryside. Go to the Lakes or the forest of Bowland and tell me it's grim and depressing. Some lovely little towns and villages aswell and Manchester is a great little city with loads to do. St Helens is admittedly a dire place but don't tar the whole North West with that brush.

Reactions: Sultan

C3Pique

Can just see us wasting the last week chasing Dybala unsuccessfully, our plan B Fernandes signing somewhere else, and us being left holding our dicks at the end of it.

Woodward strikes me as the type of guy who would fall in a bucket of tits and come out sucking his thumb.

Suedesi

Says Dybala has 5 days to decided, he been given an extended vacation to push the deal through in time and that they're trying to offload Mandzukic to us too.
No meeting yesterday between Paulo Dybala, who returned to Turin, and Fabio Paratici, who returned to London in the early afternoon. And, as Fabiana Della Valle writes in today's Gazzetta dello Sport, the meeting will not take place even today, as the Argentine will not resume training: his return to the group is scheduled for August 5 with Alex Sandro (for the America's Cup). Given the negotiations it has been decided that Dybala should take advantage of the days of leave provided and is still a sign of how his future is in the balance. The feeling is that already today there may be another contact, again with Paratici or maybe even with Sarri. The British market closes on August 8 and Juve is putting pressure on Dybala, to push him to accept so they can finalize the arrival of Lukaku.

Dan_F

The UK and Italy's population are relatively similar, yet there are 10 times more Italians living in the UK than Brits in Italy. Which whatever you think about Manchester (or the UK in general) is a bit surprising to be honest.
Far more Italians will speak English from a young age than the other way around. Plus there’s far more opportunity in the UK job wise.

If you’re a footballer though both of those things are irrelevant, so I’m sure things like the weather and culture are more important when choosing a club.

Suedesi

Far more Italians will speak English from a young age than the other way around. Plus there’s far more opportunity in the UK job wise.

If you’re a footballer though both of those things are irrelevant, so I’m sure things like the weather and culture are more important when choosing a club.
and women and food and beach etc. Precisely.

Eric's Seagull

Hope he decides and says yes in quicker than 5 days, as we will be leaving it close to the end of the window :nervous:

cyberman

If we offer 85 they'll ask for 90. They're piss-takers. Time to move on.
I was curious do i did a quick search and this is you about AWB

How can negotiations take this long? Surely it shouldn't take long to either agree a price or decide the price is too high and move on? Where's the sense of urgency?

Teams negotiate!

Status
Not open for further replies.