Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duafc

Village Lemon
He's a great back up and always has been, extremely hard working and physical with a good technical level.

I can hardly imagine a better short term signing if he maintains the level he's shown over the last few years, which at his age would be the only concern.

I think it shows the faith Ole has in our current crop and youth that he doesn't feel the need to replace Lukaku with a prime no. 9.

Yaps gonna Yap.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
If somehow we end up with Dybala and Mandzukic I wouldn't mind. Having Martial, Rashford as the only strikers does not fill me with optimism. An old head who has been at some top clubs and has a good work rate is handy to have for a couple of years

Ban

Mario would be a great option from the bench and would be near perfect for pressing which Ole is trying to impose right now.

Ban

A hard working veteran prescence in the dressing room who has a knack for showing up in the biggest games/moments on a team where the most experienced CF will likely be 23 years old,truly puzzling what does Ole see in him??
Exactly. It's not rocket science.

Kearnkoff69

Yep, let's promote youth but get that hasbeen from Italy.

I'd rather Zlatan back
You clearly haven't watched Zlatan play since he left for the MLS. I saw him in person a few weeks ago when LA visited Columbus and it was clear that he just doesn't have the legs for intense competition anymore.

Alabaster Codify7

Mandzukic at that price would be a fantastic signing. He is something completely different to every other forward we have and would be brilliant Plan B and/or late substitute to cause opposition defences headaches. As a £10-15m signing, there wouldn't be a single better option out there to rotate with Rashford and Greenwood.

However.

If we get him, lose Lukaku, and don't sign either Dybala or Bruno Fernandes.....that's a different story. We'll still be completely lacking in creativity apart from Pogba who I still feel will leave the club aftr our window closes.

haram

Some of these people haven’t even seen Mandzukic play. He’s over 6ft so he must be bad :houllier:.

Rolaholic

Some of these people haven’t even seen Mandzukic play. He’s over 6ft so he must be bad :houllier:.
In his prime he would've been a terror in the Prem similar to Diego Costa. He's always had the perfect style and physical profile for the English game. Always felt that about him and Cavani

At his current age though,he'd be a pretty great option off the bench given how he's perfect for the high press style we seem to be heading towards. I'd be all for it,would really help shore up Ole's attacking options.

Adnandos

We’re really going to sign nobody but Maguire for 90m on deadline day oh my lord :lol:

Based Adnan

Do people think Mandzukic is some old lump with no legs or something? Not surprised Ole wants him as he seems a great fit. Also provides some much needed experience and fighting attitude in this squad.

Dong Fangzhuo

IF......and it’s a big, big IF, we pulled off Maguire, Dybala, Mandzukic and Bruno in the next 6 days, it’s got to be the greatest window we’ve probably ever had.

James
Wan Bissaka
Maguire
Mandzukic
Dybala
Fernandes

it seems impossible but when one of them is a swap and another is with the same club, it’s actually only three separate teams we need to be in negotiations with. The Maguire deal IMO is already in its final stages and god knows how long we’ve been negotiating with Sporting for Bruno (if indeed we are in for him).
VERY unlikely but could happen!
Swap Bruno (or Dybala) for a quality DM and that would be a pretty great window.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
He defends from the front, physically imposing, great in the air.
A hard working veteran prescence in the dressing room who has a knack for showing up in the biggest games/moments on a team where the most experienced CF will likely be 23 years old,truly puzzling what does Ole see in him??
Plan B? Would make sense as an option off the bench.. I'm not against it tbh.
He's 33, we will get 1 good season out of him, he's not Zlatan, is he?

People lose their shit over buying 28 year olds, ffs!

Raw

IF......and it’s a big, big IF, we pulled off Maguire, Dybala, Mandzukic and Bruno in the next 6 days, it’s got to be the greatest window we’ve probably ever had.

James
Wan Bissaka
Maguire
Mandzukic
Dybala
Fernandes

it seems impossible but when one of them is a swap and another is with the same club, it’s actually only three separate teams we need to be in negotiations with. The Maguire deal IMO is already in its final stages and god knows how long we’ve been negotiating with Sporting for Bruno (if indeed we are in for him).
VERY unlikely but could happen!
Do we even have enough squad places for 6 new signings? I guess Lukaku and Darmian will leave, how many would we have left?

Status
Not open for further replies.