Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
The thing is Juve have no money and Dybala was the only player they had that matched the value for the swap, I don't see how they can do anything unless Dybala changes his mind, we'll likely have to sell Lumpy to Inter for about £50M.
I'd take 2 of Rugani, Douglas Costa, and Bentancour, that'd be sweet.

MDFC Manager

Dybala camp came to the table a day or two later. It was first proposed on Tuesday. We probably sat down to talk late wed/thurs.

We negotiated with Juve, we started negotiating with Dybala's agent.. If there wasnt any scope for negotiations or a huge differences in the offer/demand, we probably set ourselves a deadline and that has probably passed.
I am not sure how much faster that could have gone
Imo it's Dybala's indecision that's made us walk away. Woodward's briefing about player's demands is just rubbish face saving. The man literally salivates at the prospect of signing big marketable players. I believe the demands were acceptable.

prateik

Imo it's Dybala's indecision that's made us walk away. Woodward's briefing about player's demands is just rubbish face saving. The man literally salivates at the prospect of signing big marketable players. I believe the demands were acceptable.
Whatever it might have been, walking away in either case would be the right thing to do.. And it wasnt a lot of time that was wasted.

My point is, blaming the club for this is pointless.. We have genuine reasons to complain.. This is one of the few things they have done right.

MDFC Manager

Sell Lukaku for 50m if it's on the table. We're not getting anymore than that next season, probably considerably less!

Saint_MUFC

Shocking that we are set to have yet another summer of disappointment. A club of this size and stature just happily accepting mediocrity.

Never would have guessed at the start of the summer that a player such as Dybala would have been available but to leave it so late and he seemingly being our one and only option for attacking signings is outrageous.

Club is just continually regressing and it’s painful to watch. As others have said, writing was on the way when the likes of Jones got contract renewals.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Another transfer where we lost battle for player and now we are trying to present it like we are those who decided to quit.

M4YON

Calciomercato | Dybala and the Manchester United they do not find the agreement, the Inter back on track for Lukaku but the Juventus it does not give up It is a challenge between the Nerazzurri and the Bianconeri for the Belgian striker: the point of the situation

Dybala reluctance to join United has out United off and has seen United back further and further away from the swap deal. Which leaves any deal for Mandzukic dead in the water too.

Inter have entered back into the race to sign him and are considering they're negotiating strategy, plan to make a new offer soon. They are taking the latest development in Dybala/Lukaku deal as a positive for them and want to get Conte his man.

Juventus haven't given up on a deal with United for Lukaku and also think theres still a chance Dybala could leave but are also trying to come up with a deal that would suit United involving other players.

Latest developments have frustrated Lukaku.

^That's what I more or less got from translating it.

MDFC Manager

Whatever it might have been, walking away in either case would be the right thing to do.. And it wasnt a lot of time that was wasted.

My point is, blaming the club for this is pointless.. We have genuine reasons to complain.. This is one of the few things they have done right.
Oh I fully agree with that, despite really wanting Dybala here. It's a good thing to walk away from this shitshow.

If Bruno isn't signed after this, that would be a big feck up.

Lemansky

Sandro, Pjanic, Betancour and Douglas Costa would all strengthen us.

Good to see both teams going all out for Lukaku.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Another transfer where we lost battle for player and now we are trying to present it like we are those who decided to quit.
This type of propaganda from the club will be meaningless when our league position will be there for all to see come December. They have given Ole no chance to succeed.

prateik

What a colossal rip off for Juventus that is. I bet City can't believe they've agreed that deal!
They signed Cancelo for 40m.. He has been linked with a move away for months.
getting 30m back + a backup option for both flanks is not the worst deal.

Not a great deal either.

Cancelo is another one of those players the caf seems to overrate.

Juve are extremely dominant is a pretty average league. They make a lot of players look better than they are.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Dybala reluctance to join United has out United off and has seen United back further and further away from the swap deal. Which leaves any deal for Mandzukic dead in the water too.

Inter have entered back into the race to sign him and are considering they're negotiating strategy, plan to make a new offer soon. They are taking the latest development in Dybala/Lukaku deal as a positive for them and want to get Conte his man.

Juventus haven't given up on a deal with United for Lukaku and also think theres still a chance Dybala could leave but are also trying to come up with a deal that would suit United involving other players.

I wonder what Mandzukic is feeling right now. He must be furious.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

So basically from that they're pretty much going to tell Dybala his Juve career is over in the hopes that he goes? I don't see that happening to be fair.
It's going to take a miracle for him to agree to join us now, it's not happening

diarm

I was excited about the idea of seeing him in a shirt but if he wasn't delighted to be joining then I'm happy the club has made the right call in pulling the plug.

Not everything has to be used as a stick to beat the club with. This was a deal it made sense to take as far as we could because the upside was huge but if he wanted too much money or wasn't jumping at the opportunity then it's also encouraging that we've learned to walk away.

I said at the beginning of the summer that if we could sort the defence, keep our midfield intact and ship out the deadwood, I'd be happy going into the new season. I'm pissed off we've lost Herrera and a bit frustrated that we've not been a bit more ruthless in terms of sales but I'm really happy with the signings we've made and the youngsters coming through.

I think we'll surprise a few people this season. Fitness and a preseason under Ole will be worth a decent handful of points and I fancy Martial and Rashford to really step things up.

Josep Dowling

So looks like we will end the transfer window selling Lukaku and keeping an unhappy pogba without reinforcing our midfield.
And already lost Fellaini and Herrera from the midfield. Can’t believe we have sold 2 central midfielders and not even bought one.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
They signed Cancelo for 40m.. He has been linked with a move away for months.
getting 30m back + a backup option for both flanks is not the worst deal.

Not a great deal either.

Cancelo is another one of those players the caf seems to overrate.

Juve are extremely dominant is a pretty average league. They make a lot of players look better than they are.
Cancelo is a great attacking fullback. I watched Juventus a lot last season and I think he's a quality player.

City are getting the better deal.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Is Cancelo intended to be right or left back? Or flexible option for rotation on either side?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Bet Lukaku hates Dybala at this moment in time.

Sterling Archer

This type of propaganda from the club will be meaningless when our league position will be there for all to see come December. They have given Ole no chance to succeed.
This can't be said strongly enough. Four days til the window closes and we are pissing about with Dybala when we could have (potentially) made the deal with Inter and signed Eriksen or Bruno. The latter are rumors but even fecking Mcginn or Longstaff or Pepe or anyone... you get the point.

We had all fecking summer
Ed had all fecking summer. Feck him.

roseguy64

How have we learnt anything?!? We could have signed Fernandes all summer. A week before the window closes we pursue Dybala. Which is a typical Woodward signing, trying to go for the unobtainable. We offer him stupid money and he still doesn’t want to come. Now it’s likely we are going to go back to the original plan. Fernandes should have been done months ago, a full preseason
We're not interested in Fernandes or we'd have signed him already. Been only a speculative interest according to the rumours. A player we're monitoring. Other teams have also said no to him. Like Pepe.

nainaisson

I'd take Sandro in a second. Shaw can't close down a winger and block a cross to save his life.

ovoxo

Just throwing this out there but if we still are playing 4-2-3-1, why not someone like David Brooks for the No 10 spot? He can also play on the right?

Status
Not open for further replies.