Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre

We have wasted time ahead of our own buying deadline though.

No matter which way it is spun, this has been another shocking window.
Maybe we already decided we are not buying anymore players and let this Dybala episode play out. No CL money is going to take its toll.

2E_MUFC

Club is a shambles. No real plan yet again. As soon as we gave Mata a new contract this summer I knew nothing had changed. DoF was supposed to be in place, yet nothing yet again. Rojo, Darmian, Young, Mata and Jones should all be gone never mind being backups.

The fact that Young has been named captain when he plays is embarrassing. They think we will be happy just because we’ve signed a right back and centre back? Positions we have needed for so long as it is!

AaronRedDevil

Better off not getting dybala. The last thing united need is a player who doesn't want to come here. Great player to have sure. Just suck it up and move on.

prateik

Why did he waste time on a deal in the first place?

Dybala was always going to ask for big money — his talent and profile kind of dictates that.
What profile? He is surplus at Juventus. Juve were happy to sell him and Mandzukic for Lukaku.
He is massively overrated here on the caf.
He was getting paid plenty at Juventus.. wanted to double that. He apparently wanted close to 400k / week and his agent wanted 10m+ . Those are absurd numbers.

We wasted 4-5 days on the deal. Hardly weeks or months.

There is a lot you can criticize Woodward for.. and if he fails to get a midfielder or an attacker in the next 5 days, there is a lot we should criticize woodward for.. But this is not one of those cases.

Crashoutcassius

Why would the club not be interested in a player like Fernandes? I think that why fans are getting annoyed. We surely can’t think our midfield or attack is good enough to achieve anything this season.
seems like we have interest in midfielders but not a very attacking one like fernandes given that pogba will stay

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
What profile? He is surplus at Juventus. Juve were happy to sell him and Mandzukic for Lukaku.
He is massively overrated here on the caf.
He was getting paid plenty at Juventus.. wanted to double that. He apparently wanted close to 400k / week and his agent wanted 10m+ . Those are absurd numbers.

We wasted 4-5 days on the deal. Hardly weeks or months.

There is a lot you can criticize Woodward for.. and if he fails to get a midfielder or an attacker in the next 5 days, there is a lot we should criticize woodward for.. But this is not one of those cases.
To be fair. If the Dybala camp made it clear on day one that to move they'd be wanting them sort of demands, it's 4-5 days wasted. It'd take a day to try and negotiate and realise you're getting nowhere

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Club is a shambles. No real plan yet again. As soon as we gave Mata a new contract this summer I knew nothing had changed. DoF was supposed to be in place, yet nothing yet again. Rojo, Darmian, Young, Mata and Jones should all be gone never mind being backups.

The fact that Young has been named captain when he plays is embarrassing. They think we will be happy just because we’ve signed a right back and centre back? Positions we have needed for so long as it is!
Everybody can see what our problems are, us, pundits, the press. The only people who appear to be ignoring those problems are the people running the club. The constant stays of execution on certain players for a start.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Better off not getting dybala. The last thing united need is a player who doesn't want to come here. Great player to have sure. Just suck it up and move on.
Yep - it'd be like undoing the good work we've done with bringing Maguire, Wan Bissaka and James in, who you feel are pleased to be here and have a point to prove.

It'd also suggest we haven't learnt our lesson with whopping huge deals out.

Fridge chutney

Sorry all, no news to report from championship to League 2 - it's a quiet day, probably due to yesterday being the opening day of the new season for the 3 non-PL professional leagues. There should be some activity this week but a lot of chips have already fallen so updates will be fewer and further between.

Some news: this Brentford deal looks all but done and Bournemouth will likely be making a club-record transfer in the next week or so.

onemanarmy

Sell Lukaku, get a holding mid and Mandzukic and go all in for Sancho next year. Would be happy enough with that. Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, James, Mandzukic + holding mid and we are way better off than last year.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Calciomercato | Dybala and the Manchester United they do not find the agreement, the Inter back on track for Lukaku but the Juventus it does not give up It is a challenge between the Nerazzurri and the Bianconeri for the Belgian striker: the point of the situation

AaronRedDevil

Yep - it'd be like undoing the good work we've done with bringing Maguire, Wan Bissaka and James in, who you feel are pleased to be here and have a point to prove.

It'd also suggest we haven't learnt our lesson with whopping huge deals out.
True, this smells like Sanchez all over again, a big player suddenly available and splashing to much cash at him.

prateik

To be fair. If the Dybala camp made it clear on day one that to move they'd be wanting them sort of demands, it's 4-5 days wasted. It'd take a day to try and negotiate and realise you're getting nowhere
Dybala camp came to the table a day or two later. It was first proposed on Tuesday. We probably sat down to talk late wed/thurs.

We negotiated with Juve, we started negotiating with Dybala's agent.. If there wasnt any scope for negotiations or a huge differences in the offer/demand, we probably set ourselves a deadline and that has probably passed.
I am not sure how much faster that could have gone

MDFC Manager

Don't go by Woodward's latest briefing. I think Dybala's demands were largely acceptable. However what I think actually happened is he didn't show enough willingness to actually join, hence us walking away.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
True, this smells like Sanchez all over again, a big player suddenly available and splashing to much cash at him.
If that is the case then the club has not learned anything and we have only dodged a bullet by virtue of being rejected. If we were serious about buying a certain profile of player then we wouldn't have bloody wasted time on even entertaining a move in the first place

Devil may care

Calciomercato | Dybala and the Manchester United they do not find the agreement, the Inter back on track for Lukaku but the Juventus it does not give up It is a challenge between the Nerazzurri and the Bianconeri for the Belgian striker: the point of the situation

The thing is Juve have no money and Dybala was the only player they had that matched the value for the swap, I don't see how they can do anything unless Dybala changes his mind, we'll likely have to sell Lumpy to Inter for about £50M.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The thing is Juve have no money and Dybala was the only player they had that matched the value for the swap, I don't see how they can do anything unless Dybala changes his mind, we'll likely have to sell Lumpy to Inter for about £50M.
I highly doubt we're going to sell Lukaku to Inter for £50m. Then again, it depends on how desperate we are to get rid of him

Traub

So looks like we will end the transfer window selling Lukaku and keeping an unhappy pogba without reinforcing our midfield.

prateik

What other players do Juve have to offer? Will take Pjanic + Costa .. Doubt Juve would offer those.

I'd rather send Lukaku to juve on loan with obligation to buy for 80m euros if they cant afford him now than send him to Inter. feck Inter.

Cantonagotmehere

Agree with many above, I am fine with no Dybala if he does not want come. It was worth looking into it for sure.

Not having signed a couple new midfielders for this season is so fecking dumb, I cannot believe it.

NWRed

I mean the current market dictates we pay a fortune for players - we just paid an OTT amount for a good defender the other day. Its simple, we had to pay a lot more for a potentially world class player because WE fecked up last season and we didn't want to. Theres no win here. We're lacking in so many positions and we haven't done shit to address these issues. I have very little confidence for this coming season.
The 2 situations are completely different. Paying a very large fee for a player who desperately wants to play for us is completely different to giving in to massive wage and agent demands for a player being forced out of his club who, at best, is ambivalent about joining.

We've done the right thing in both situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.