Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

“United are still looking at transfer options”

Good grief if that’s a briefing from our side then it doesn’t even paint us in a good light, if it’s the last week of the window and we’re still in ‘browse’ mode.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
United had six months to plan something. 3 days left in the window and we are somehow weaker in midfield & attack from a squad which finished 6th 30 points behind our biggest rivals . Good work by all involved

onemanarmy

I don't understand all the complaining here.

If Dyaba isn't eager to play for us then not signing him is the smart decision.
I was never convinced he was the player we needed. I'm worried about again not investing in positions we are really lacking. Disappointing. If Pogba gets an injury we are truly fecked.

walsh

Some of you need to pull yourselves together. A couple of days ago you were all wanking because we were signing Dybala, Mandzukic and Bruno. Maybe wait until the window actually closes to go mental either way?

TheMod

I just fear that we either end up with no one or we panic buy. This transfer window is turning sour

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I don't understand all the complaining here.

If Dyaba isn't eager to play for us then not signing him is the smart decision.

This decision + dodging the Bale bullet + signing guys like Wan-Bissaka, Maguire and James are signs that the club is getting it's act together in the transfer market after years of incompetence.
How is getting rejected by a player a smart decision? He doesn’t want to come.

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
We are going to go all out with the Maguire announcement to appease the fans. That will be our lot. Not good enough :nono:

prateik

It sucks that a deal fell through, but I am delighted we arent stupid enough to pay over the odds for someone who has no interest in wanting to move..

People have been taking Woody the clown to the cleaners for years. It's about time he learned to walk away from a bad deal.

billybee99

Would be suicidal to sell Lukaku without bringing in a replacement. The youngsters are not ready.
Oh yes, it would be suicidal to sell our 12-goal, out-of-shape striker who no longer wants to play for us.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We are going to go all out with the Maguire announcement to appease the fans. That will be our lot. Not good enough :nono:
Anyone who thinks Maguire is the defensive silver bulletins an imbecile.

The midfield is not fit for purpose and most good teams will stream roll us.

Alabaster Codify7

Wouldn't be surprised if we went back for Moussa Dembele if Lukaku goes.

Me neither but look at the facts.

We have four days.

That is nowhere near enough time for our team to sign someone - if we sell Lukaku, he won't be replaced at all. I don't understand why we don't still sign Mandzukic, he's an ideal replacement and cheap as hell. Old enough to not block the youngsters, good enough to make a big contribution still, professional enough to be a willing squad player.

settembrini

How is getting rejected by a player a smart decision? He doesn’t want to come.
Sorry I thought the story was that he would come but only if we paid him a massive salary, which we decided was cause to end negotiations. Is that not the case?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It sucks that a deal fell through, but I am delighted we arent stupid enough to pay over the odds for someone who has no interest in wanting to move..

People have been taking Woody the clown to the cleaners for years. It's about time he learned to walk away from a bad deal.
Why did he waste time on a deal in the first place?

Dybala was always going to ask for big money — his talent and profile kind of dictates that.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Don't think people are unhappy with this side of it. It is if we just aren't going to do anything else.

Josep Dowling

You fear for his safety because one player didn't want to join us and another which we were obviously never in for isn't either? Wow :houllier:

Ole wants one or two more as he said. We should still get Mandzukic in but only if Lukaku goes. I still think we'll get Maguire plus one.
Swapping a striker in his prime, with Premier League experience, a good goal to game ratio for a 33 year old is suicide. That doesn’t improve our situation at all.

walsh

Why did he waste time on a deal in the first place?

Dybala was always going to ask for big money — his talent and profile kind of dictates that.
I would suggest we didn't know it was a waste of time until negotiations had happened?

Let's not insist on oversimplifying it just to feed the 'Woody is a numpty' narrative.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How can the club possibly think we’re okay to go into the new season without attacking reinforcements?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I know that Ole is impressed with Greenwood in pre-season, but can you really compare playing a group of teams, putting out half arsed teams and not really caring whether they win or lose to playing in a 38 game Premier League season alongside the FA Cup, EFL Cup and Europa League where teams are out to win?
He's a great prospect, but to throw him into a full season like that could massively backfire, and if Rashford underperforms, what the hell do we do then?

Drainy

Ha, don't worry, I know.

Just laughing at the absurdity of it all.
I reckon we've overspent on the players we got against the budget set by the Glazers/ Woodward so we've been told to sell before we buy and unfortunately midfield is where we will cheap out and aim well below the premium market.

walsh

Swapping a striker in his prime, with Premier League experience, a good goal to game ratio for a 33 year old is suicide. That doesn’t improve our situation at all.
A striker in his 'prime' who most of our fans constantly slate and wants to leave, for a player who far better fits our system and gives good support to both our first choice, and our young and upcoming strikers?

The way people's opinions change in these scenarios e.g. Lukaku is mental.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I know that Ole is impressed with Greenwood in pre-season, but can you really compare playing a group of teams, putting out half arsed teams and not really caring whether they win or lose to playing in a 38 game Premier League season alongside the FA Cup, EFL Cup and Europa League where teams are out to win?
He's a great prospect, but to throw him into a full season like that could massively backfire, and if Rashford underperforms, what the hell do we do then?
It would be madness. They need easing into the PL.

RRCE

The Lukaku money will offset, in part, the Maguire purchase. Beyond that, I don’t believe the owners are willing to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.