Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flytan

So we decided to avoid signing Dybala because he asked too big salary and "wasn't sure" is that good career move but Spurs think that they can sign him? Something is wrong here:nervous:
I mean it was pretty clear that Dybala had no interest coming here so he asked for astronomical wages to make up for it. He wouldn't ask for as much from a club in a much better situation.

trafford1980

They'd surely bench Alli? Still not going to happen but that much would be almost certain
Maybe, but what about Son? And Ndombele is box-to-box too. I can’t see Coutinho and Dybala in the same side. I’m sure there’ll be some posters who will quabble about their differences but they’re both central attacking players, and both need two midfielders behind them.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Maybe, but what about Son? And Ndombele is box-to-box too. I can’t see Coutinho and Dybala in the same side. I’m sure there’ll be some posters who will quabble about their differences but they’re both central attacking players, and both need two midfielders behind them.
4231 one would play slightly wide as Eriksen did for them previously

Sterling Archer

I read this too. @Sterling Archer pointed it out I recall - that was a major sticking point as he'd have to transfer it to Adidas which was working out expensive for him, or something like that.
Yup exactly. There's a lot more details that seem to be coming out today about it which I need to catch up on and understand.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Thank you @Fridge chutney for breaking up this bollocks with some credible news from other clubs.

This place has gone insane and people aren't thinking straight. It's quite simple.

Juve and Sarri DO NOT WANT Dybala.

Dybala wants to stay at Juve.

He was offered around to clubs and his agent and the press have all used him, while he wants to stay at Juve. He's worked out he's not wanted and due to his ridiculous demands and the issues over his image rights, he's not been able to seal a move away.

His agent and the press have been touting him around and using other clubs to get what they want. To be honest, I actually feel quite sorry for Dybala. His image rights are clearly what is stopping his moves, and it's not his fault. I reckon he would have moved here and it's clear if United won't pay, then Spurs definitely won't.

Juve do not need or want Erikson.

Bruno was never a target for United
United have just been used to get his name out there. If we were interested we would have signed him.

Ole had clear targets and has got three of them. Three quality signings btw! I believe Erikson has always been in consideration and would always be a wire signing due to the relationship with Levy and Spurs.

The opportunity to get rid of Lukaku and sign Dybala and Mario was too good to refuse and was only ruined by image rights and wage demands. I'm glad we didn't buckle and stood our ground.

Long and short of it is Ole had clear targets and he got three of them. It's not all doom and gloom. Far from it. Yes midfield and attack are short but I'm far happier now than before the window and also loving the fact big name mercenaries have been turned away rather than accommodated and pandered to.

I still have hope for some final day action too. It's really not as bad as many are making out ffs.

roseguy64

Thank you @Fridge chutney for breaking up this bollocks with some credible news from other clubs.

This place has gone insane and people aren't thinking straight. It's quite simple.

He was offered around to clubs and his agent and the press have all used him, while he wants to stay at Juve. He's worked out he's not wanted and due to his ridiculous demands and the issues over his image rights, he's not been able to seal a move away.

His agent and the press have been touting him around and using other clubs to get what they want. To be honest, I actually feel quite sorry for Dybala. His image rights are clearly what is stopping his moves, and it's not his fault. I reckon he would have moved here and it's clear if United won't pay, then Spurs definitely won't.

United have just been used to get his name out there. If we were interested we would have signed him.

Ole had clear targets and has got three of them. Three quality signings btw! I believe Erikson has always been in consideration and would always be a wire signing due to the relationship with Levy and Spurs.

The opportunity to get rid of Lukaku and sign Dybala and Mario was too good to refuse and was only ruined by image rights and wage demands. I'm glad we didn't buckle and stood our ground.

Long and short of it is Ole had clear targets and he got three of them. It's not all doom and gloom. Far from it. Yes midfield and attack are short but I'm far happier now than before the window and also loving the fact big name mercenaries have been turned away rather than accommodated and pandered to.

I still have hope for some final day action too. It's really not as bad as many are making out ffs.
This is my current stance. Everything will be much easier to judge once Thursday ends.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Highly doubt he'll accept lower wages just to play for Poch.
If Spurs bend to his demands, you can expect Kane, Son etc to be knocking at Poch's door demanding a bigger wage.
There's been talk that Kane has a parity clause to ensure he stays at least equal highest earner.

A lot of people underestimating Spurs to be honest.

I don't think Spurs can really give him the wages he will require, so ultimately I do not think he will end up there, but to say that there is no way he would pick Spurs over United is a bit silly and arrogant.

I think he would rather be managed by Pochettino over Ole, they also offer Champions League football and they are based in London.

I know this is a United forum, but let's try to at least put across a well-thought out, balanced argument.
Champions League, better location, better squad, better manager, better stadium. The only reason to choose United over Spurs right now is financial and it seems Dybala already tried to push his hand in that regard and once it wasn't coming he became disinterested.

Yagami

Good post resistant
There's been talk that Kane has a parity clause to ensure he stays at least equal highest earner.

Champions League, better location, better squad, better manager, better stadium. The only reason to choose United over Spurs right now is financial and it seems Dybala already tried to push his hand in that regard and once it wasn't coming he became disinterested.
Ew.

Fridge chutney

Fantastic post as always Langster. For what it's worth, of the targets we've been linked to, I think Eriksen is the best fit. But I won't get my hopes up yet.

Hawks2008

Going to be annoying as feck seeing people still fail to learn how to spell 'Ericksson' and 'McGuire'. It's not that hard guys..

Kearnkoff69

Great post, it's incredible to see someone talking sense around here. I truly believe that many would rather have something to moan about than find the positives, which is why we've seen such illogical ranting and raving this transfer window. That's not to say that the sins of the past 6 years are forgiven, but based on our business this summer we are an undoubtedly stronger side than last season, and could still potentially add another top talent to our ranks.

langster

Scout
For what it's worth, of the targets we've been linked to, I think Eriksen is the best fit. But I won't get my hopes up yet.
I agree completely. I think Ole has a clear vision and although I'm frustrated with midfield and attack, I am so pleased with his defensive acquisitions and with James. He certainly has a clearer idea of what is needed than the last few seasons of buying mercenaries and trying to buy people who clearly were not available or paying over the odds for players we didn't really need.

I think out of LvG and Jose, only Martial, Shaw and Dalot were decent buys. The irony being Moyes had better purchases lined up :lol:

langster

Scout
Pogba? Bit weird to list Dalot and leave him out.
Pogba has a lot to prove to be honest. Obviously he's a quality player but he would have left this Summer if he could have. I like him and think he's world class, he's just too precious in my opinion. Let him play his heart out and give it all for United then fair enough. Until then he's just another overpriced pampered superstar saying the right things yet never truly dedicating himself to the club.

haram

Pogba has a lot to prove to be honest. Obviously he's a quality player but he would have left this Summer if he could have. I like him and think he's world class, he's just too precious in my opinion. Let him play his heart out and give it all for United then fair enough. Until then he's just another overpriced pampered superstar saying the right things yet never truly dedicating himself to the club.
How can you say Pogba has a lot to prove and then say Dalot was a good signing. Lindelof is also a good signing.

langster

Scout
He's comfortably better and done more for us than the three players you mentioned though.
At what cost? And we will have to wait and see to judge the end result.

Regardless, that's being picky. The main point still stands. This Summer hasn't been the total disaster people are making it out to be.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag

Dude, stfu.

Suedesi

Juve and Inter trying to raise cash for Lukaku. Juve is talking to Arsenal about Rugani on loan, Dybala is out of the team project and Mandzukic could also give way if Lukaku is bought.
Meanwhile Inter sold Puscas to Reading for 10 million and will try to sell Collidio whilst finding a solution for Perisic.

Status
Not open for further replies.