Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
At what cost? And we will have to wait and see to judge the end result.

Regardless, that's being picky. The main point still stands. This Summer hasn't been the total disaster people are making it out to be.
I totally agree with you. I can’t believe anyone is calling it a disaster at all. Firstly, it’s not over yet. Secondly, the single best right back available was Wan-Bissaka. We signed him. Probably our number one problem position. CB? Our other major problem. We broke the world transfer record for a defender, and signed the best player available to us. A young exciting player in James caps it off.

I think people expect 250m to be spent; but I like the fact the club has really done its homework on the signings and signed players that fit the culture and the needs of the team. Frankly, I would also much rather give a potentially generational talent, like Greenwood, game time; over signing a 2nd or 3rd choice player like Pepe for the RW. It’s surely Sancho or no-one there.

If we pick up Eriksen (or Fernandes - unlikely) between now and Thursday. It’ll be one of our best ever windows for quality.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
There's been talk that Kane has a parity clause to ensure he stays at least equal highest earner.

Champions League, better location, better squad, better manager, better stadium. The only reason to choose United over Spurs right now is financial and it seems Dybala already tried to push his hand in that regard and once it wasn't coming he became disinterested.
Better location? You think every footballer worry’s about or prefers playing at a club based on their geographical location?

This isn’t Stamford Bridge mate.
It’s called the Theatre of Dreams for a reason. Players dream of playing at Manchester United.

Dybala himself posted something on his social media last time they played us in CL referencing our stadium.

You think Turin (where Juventus play) is like Rome or Venice?
Nope. But does that stop him from visiting those cities or London as frequently as he may like? Nope.

Earning millions, I’m sure travel plans are the last of his worries.
What he needs right now is to enlarge his legacy and make sure he leaves a mark in history books that’s befitting to his potential and ambition.
With all due respect to Spurs, and their new stadium, and them being in London, and having played CL more frequently then us (only in the last few years by the way), a player like Dybala would want to play at a club that has at least as much history/appeal/support/power, or more then, Juventus. Clubs that match his level.

Also, I’m not sure if you’re aware but in modern times, a manager doesn’t influence a player into switching clubs as much as finances do.
As much as Poch might convince him to come, Dybala also knows he’d be stupid to think that Poch is going to be there for the next 5 years (or whatever the term of his contract might be). Not that Poch can’t but the likelihood of that happening is almost impossible.

So, the point being, a player doesn’t just come to Spurs based on their present situation. Their ‘better’ manager and squad may not remain that way and if that was to happen, they wouldn’t bounce back as often or as consistently as a club like United could.

Which is why players like Pogba or Ibra decided to move here even when we didn’t have CL. They knew we wouldn’t stay that way for long.

I’m not sure I can say that about Spurs. Specially in the PL.
The competition is so tough nowadays that if others improved, Spurs would find it a challenge to even remain in Top 4, let alone win the PL.

Reactions: Sultan

Marcelinho87

I mean it was pretty clear that Dybala had no interest coming here so he asked for astronomical wages to make up for it. He wouldn't ask for as much from a club in a much better situation.
They actually reported he wasn't keen on coming to England or the PL not just United.

Red-Jeff

I totally agree with you. I can’t believe anyone is calling it a disaster at all. Firstly, it’s not over yet. Secondly, the single best right back available was Wan-Bissaka. We signed him. Probably our number one problem position. CB? Our other major problem. We broke the world transfer record for a defender, and signed the best player available to us. A young exciting player in James caps it off.

I think people expect 250m to be spent; but I like the fact the club has really done its homework on the signings and signed players that fit the culture and the needs of the team. Frankly, I would also much rather give a potentially generational talent, like Greenwood, game time; over signing a 2nd or 3rd choice player like Pepe for the RW. It’s surely Sancho or no-one there.

If we pick up Eriksen (or Fernandes - unlikely) between now and Thursday. It’ll be one of our best ever windows for quality.
Yeah, that’s pretty accurate. It is right after a few terrible and/or unlucky transfer windows. It needs to be our best window ever.

sparx99

I mean it was pretty clear that Dybala had no interest coming here so he asked for astronomical wages to make up for it. He wouldn't ask for as much from a club in a much better situation.
You think he’ll accept £150k a week less? That’s like turning down £40m over the course of a 5 year contract. I just don’t see it.

I know Spurs are an attractive proposition but they’ve won nothing since the League cup in 2007. Harry Kane might win the golden boot but Tottenham just don’t win things.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Good. He should publicly tell Zidane to go and feck himself and stop being so disrespectful. If you want the player, you know the price. If you don’t have the money, shut the feck up. It’s shady and sneaky to try and unsettle the player to the point of trying to drive the price down through induced ill discipline.

It’s so hard to like Madrid as a club, when they have such obvious contempt for other clubs. Are they aware that it’s possible to be successful and classy? They don’t have to be mutually exclusive concepts.

After what they bid, we should go back and offer Darmian plus 14m for Vinicius.

NJM78

We need a poll about any more signings. Love to gauge where everyone is at.

I'm firmly in the NO camp.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Thank you @Fridge chut
ney
for breaking up this bollocks with some credible news from other clubs.

This place has gone insane and people aren't thinking straight. It's quite simple.

Juve and Sarri DO NOT WANT Dybala.

Dybala wants to stay at Juve.

He was offered around to clubs and his agent and the press have all used him, while he wants to stay at Juve. He's worked out he's not wanted and due to his ridiculous demands and the issues over his image rights, he's not been able to seal a move away.

His agent and the press have been touting him around and using other clubs to get what they want. To be honest, I actually feel quite sorry for Dybala. His image rights are clearly what is stopping his moves, and it's not his fault. I reckon he would have moved here and it's clear if United won't pay, then Spurs definitely won't.

Juve do not need or want Erikson.

Bruno was never a target for United
United have just been used to get his name out there. If we were interested we would have signed him.

Ole had clear targets and has got three of them. Three quality signings btw! I believe Erikson has always been in consideration and would always be a wire signing due to the relationship with Levy and Spurs.

The opportunity to get rid of Lukaku and sign Dybala and Mario was too good to refuse and was only ruined by image rights and wage demands. I'm glad we didn't buckle and stood our ground.

Long and short of it is Ole had clear targets and he got three of them. It's not all doom and gloom. Far from it. Yes midfield and attack are short but I'm far happier now than before the window and also loving the fact big name mercenaries have been turned away rather than accommodated and pandered to.

I still have hope for some final day action too. It's really not as bad as many are making out ffs.
The main issue would be that midfield and attack are worse off as a squad than last season

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Christ, it sounds like we're going to be stuck with Lukaku too. How awkward will that be. I think we'd be best sending him out on loan to Anderlecht or something.
He’ll leave before the end of the window I’m sure. We have two days to complete incomings, but can sell to foreign clubs for another 3 weeks I think.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
1.5 days now..
There’s an article in The Athletic talking about how big transfer deals are actually done; and apparently 85% of the offers and terms are negotiated via WhatsApp :lol:. Christ. It’s only the final offer where they lay out all the details in an email, so a contract can be drawn up.

So deals can be agreed very quickly as long as clubs are talking directly and not via agents.

Just thought It was funny because of how unprofessional it all seems.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There’s an article in The Athletic talking about how big transfer deals are actually done; and apparently 85% of the offers and terms are negotiated via WhatsApp :lol:. Christ. It’s only the final offer where they lay out all the details in an email, so a contract can be drawn up.

So deals can be agreed very quickly as long as clubs are talking directly and not via agents.

Just thought It was funny because of how unprofessional it all seems.
Yeah but how credible is "the athletic".

Also the fee has been a sticking point for months. If they need to raise the cash they can't do it in a day. It's reported that they are trying to offload so they can stump up what we want, which as time goes by looks more unlikely.

vanderpants

I reckon we are done and won't see any new signings unfortunately, maybe 2 or 3 might leave before the deadline

Morpheus 7

Bit late to start lowballing. If we are seriously in for him anyway. Which I doubt.
I know, clearly learning a lot in this window. AWB and Maguire prices weren't going to be brought down much if at all. Daniel Levy will love that tactic if we are actually in for him.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Yeah but how credible is "the athletic".

Also the fee has been a sticking point for months. If they need to raise the cash they can't do it in a day. It's reported that they are trying to offload so they can stump up what we want, which as time goes by looks more unlikely.
The Athletic is very credible. Probably has the best array of top tier, reliable, sports journalists in the country.

And a club like United not only has cash reserves for situations like this, but also credit facilities it can draw down on to cover short term cash flow issues.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The Athletic is very credible. Probably has the best array of top tier, reliable, sports journalists in the country.

And a club like United not only has cash reserves for situations like this, but also credit facilities it can draw down on to cover short term cash flow issues.
It's not about us needing the cash reserves. It's Inter and Juve. If they can't agree a fee worth our while it won't happen.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Personal terms already agreed - Terreur also reporting that Sampdoria would want around €26m for Praet, which would be an absolute steal in today's market. Leicester could be a lot of fun to watch under Rodgers this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.