Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Both Ed and Ole saying we want our signings in place by 1 July. Should hopefully start to get some signings confirmed soon then, like Madrid have done with Jovic

NJM78

All I know is we must do better than Grant, Fred and Dalot. That window still gives me the chills.

laughtersassassin

All I know is we must do better than Grant, Fred and Dalot. That window still gives me the chills.
Very possible it will be similarly bad if Pogba leaves since Herrera us gone too.

Would mean we currently have no midfielders good enough.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Look at Real response to their crisis, then look at ours.

We are a bloody joke :lol:
FFS what are you on about?

They’ve signed 1 player, and are a much more attractive proposition for players, thus making it easier for them to sign players.

It’s almost become fashionable to constantly slate our club on here for literally anything. There is a lot wrong at United sure, but the transfer window isn’t even open yet (opens at midnight tonight) yet you’re already calling us a bloody joke?

At least wait until the window is closed and then make a judgement.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Totally get what you’re saying. Possibly a case of tarring with the same brush when it comes to me though because I’m not someone that speaks out about Ed in a negative way usually.
I will say though that for all his commercial acumen, there is almost zero proof that he is a good negotiator or football man, however there’s a fair bit of proof that he’s not. I’d love him to prove the doubters wrong but this manager and this squad rebuild should certainly be his final chance.
Yea fair dues, I wasn’t trying to label you specifically, I just used your post as an example tbh. I dunno, just gets a little grating for me. Every point made in every thread has some Woodward one-liner attached, and I just find it annoying that the most discussed area also happens to be one that I suspect we are all least qualified to forensically analysed. More down to sheer lack of information than lack of qualification. Just smacks of lashing out. Like saying he’s a bad negotiator is subjective in itself, on the basis that I’m not sure any poster can definitely speak on the negotiation process of any deal, and who specifically does what part, and what role Woodward actually plays.

I’m also not sure the ‘this manager and this squad rebuild should certainly be his final chance’. Like, maybe. Firstly, for me to subscribe to that view, I’d need someone to categorically tell me what Ed Woodward does. I would be furious with him, admittedly, if he refuses to provide funds for Ole in the market. However, so long as he does that, then it’s all on Ole for me. I accept that you could point to the fact that he seemingly was the one responsible for appointing Ole, but I can’t see who would, or could have done a great deal better than in appointing managers. He hasn’t been appointing League One managers. They are all managers who we could have expected to do better. Except Ole, and I disagreed with his appointment from the beginning, however by the time he was appointed permanently, I couldn’t really begrudge the decision. Think it was blindingly obvious why he got the job. If we had given it to Carrick as a caretaker in December and he achieved the same results, he’d have been favourite for the job too.

I just think people have become so exhausted with blaming everyone else that Woodward is next in line. Also, as we have been poor under a few managers, I can understand the hope that things will change if we go one level higher with the change.

laughtersassassin

FFS what are you on about?

It’s almost become fashionable to constantly slate our club on here for literally anything. There is a lot wrong at United sure, but the transfer window isn’t even open yet (opens at midnight tonight) yet you’re already calling us a bloody joke?

At least wait until the window is closed and then make a judgement.

I wasn't aware we were only in crisis this year. Give over mate I'm talking about years.

Also people said the same last summer and look how that worked out.

In truth ideally we would have a signing wrapped by now regardless of the window only opening. Bayern Real are at low points and are reacting.

I don't want to shit on United just call it how it is and we are run fecking terribly. To deny that would be idicoricy.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mega. Very jealous of Madrid signing Jovic, Hazard, and potentially Pogba.
You can’t be jealous of them maybe signing Pogba, we’ve already done that! And half seem to want him out anyway!

Canagel

Luka Jovic will leave Eintracht Frankfurt and move to Real Madrid for 60 million euros. He receives a five-year contract
That's a very good price. Long term signing much better than Griezmann to Barcelona for 100m.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I wasn't aware we were only in crisis this year. Give over mate I'm talking about years.

Also people said the same last summer and look how that worked out.

In truth ideally we would have a signing wrapped by now regardless of the window only opening. Bayern Real are at low points and are reacting.

I don't want to shit on United just call it how it is and we are run fecking terribly. To deny that would be idicoricy.
We have a different manager and backroom staff now though.

By all accounts we are taking a new approach to transfers this summer, therefore I don’t think it’s that appropriate to look at what we have done in the window in previous years.

I fully expect us to spend heavily this transfer window to compensate for our shortcomings on the pitch over the past few years.

All I’m saying is let’s give OGS and the club a chance to show they mean business this summer before shitting all over them.

laughtersassassin

We have a different manager and backroom staff now though.

By all accounts we are taking a new approach to transfers this summer, therefore I don’t think it’s that appropriate to look at what we have done in the window in previous years.

I fully expect us to spend heavily this transfer window to compensate for our shortcomings on the pitch over the past few years.

All I’m saying is let’s give OGS and the club a chance to show they mean business this summer before shitting all over them.
I give OGS all the time in the world. It's the Glazer's and Ed Woodward I have zero faith in. Ed is still in charge and as long as that is the case it is perfectly reasonable for people to assume we will still be fecked.

Being perpetually positive doesn't do any good.

NJM78

There's not enough bandwidth on the entire internet for the suitable number of green laughing emojis to respond to the idea of Zaha being worth £100m.
It's ridiculous but hopefully someone will at least pay 60m which I reckon he is worth. We receive 15m which will pay for that James kid at least.

NJM78

Yet they're not half as bad.....
They're a horrible club in my eyes on and off the pitch but yes man for man a much better squad than ours. I'm not even thinking of the European giants though I just want us to be able to keep up with Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
That's what a club with ambition does, if they were like us they would sign a bunch of mediocre Spanish workhorses who would have hunger and be grateful to be there.
feck are you banging on about :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Saul would be a great signing, but I don't believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.