Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I give OGS all the time in the world. It's the Glazer's and Ed Woodward I have zero faith in. Ed is still in charge and as long as that is the case it is perfectly reasonable for people to assume we will still be fecked.

Being perpetually positive doesn't do any good.
I understand that you’re generally cynical about the likes of Woodward and the Glazers (as am I), however like I said, with OGS I genuinely think we will see us behave differently in the transfer market. All of the noise is about us making changes to our transfer dealings.

Sure, we don’t have a DoF in charge yet, but we are being strongly linked with all of the right types of players IMO. This is arguably our most important transfer window for years and I expect us to invest heavily.

I wouldn’t say I am being ‘perpetually positive’, however I am simply not being negative about everything until there is good reason to be so. Let’s just see what happens this window, I think a lot of you may be pleasantly surprised.

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
Zaha is not worth £100 million to anyone except Palace, as that’s the cost to them of him leaving and them subsequently getting relegated.

Jostein Hjorteset

Both Solskjaer and Woodward are in the same boat. They have to get the rebuild right. The good thing is that it is not that unachievable. A new right back (AWB or maybe N.Semedo), a new centre back (splash out or nuture Tuanzebe for another year perhaps). Swap deals for Pogba and Lukaku to get hopefully the right core of high earners. One in midtfield (etc. Kroos, Rakitic) one in attack (etc. Dybala, Icardi). A hungry new midfielder (B.Fernandez, Nevez, Rabiot) and young winger (etc. James) and we are good to go. Groom Greenwood into the squad and experiment with Martial as a forward if needed. And even if De Gea has to go that will ease up funds to improve other positions leaving a healthy competition in the keeper position (Romero vs. Henderson)

Last edited:

AshRK

I guess its going to be another 3 year process
Not necessary, if we sign right players and strengthen our defense we will start to look pretty good. I know we cannot sign 10 players but 4 or 5 is pretty reasonable. One RB, CB, CM, RW and if required an attacker. Pretty much possible.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Ah didn't realise he had one (which in itself is stupid on my behalf as pretty much all players in La Liga have one). Guess Atletico could be a bit fecked next season then
It actually is all players. In Spain and Portugal a buyout clause is mandatory.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
AWB and K2 or Maguire.
Looked at a number of options including Saul, Rice, and Fernandes
Sancho (wants CL), Daniel James (slight interest, deal not so close as reported), Felix on the radar, as is Pepe.

Desperate to get rid of Sanchez, will listen to offers for Bailly and Lukaku

Over 250m is available to spend

Perhaps a new thread for this with other potential briefs by Ed later? @Damien

Last edited:

Infra-red

Looks like it will be a busy summer around Europe - Juve/Bayern/Barca/Real/Chelsea already made moves (Ramsey, Hernandez, De Jong, Militao, Pulisic), Jovic to Real and Rodri to City look just about over the line, Griezmann, De Ligt, Pogba, Dybala and Bale probably changing hands, too. Might end up being a record breaker for overall expenditure.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Are Atletico having a scrap sale or something? Godin and Hernandez gone. Griezmann and Rodri about to go and now they mention Saul as well. Though I doubt he'll leave, just a few weeks ago he was saying on radio he's not leaving any time soon. But why are Atletico letting go of so many?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not necessary, if we sign right players and strengthen our defense we will start to look pretty good. I know we cannot sign 10 players but 4 or 5 is pretty reasonable. One RB, CB, CM, RW and if required an attacker. Pretty much possible.
Having lost Herrera signing one CM we are still going to struggle IMO. Also our attack needs more than 1 signing.
I think we can indeed look pretty good with those (as long as players like Martial step up), but it will still be a 3 year process to get us anywhere near challenging for a major trophy

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Are Atletico having a scrap sale or something? Godin and Hernandez gone. Griezmann and Rodri about to go and now they mention Saul as well. Though I doubt he'll leave, just a few weeks ago he was saying on radio he's not leaving any time soon. But why are Atletico letting go of so many?
Godin is old and at the end of his contract, Lucas has been in contact with Bayern since last summer and had a release clause, Rodri has a low release clause, Griezmann is seeing his best friend(Godin) leave and he probably wants to play for top trophies in a more attacking team. As for Saul, I would be very surprised if he leaves.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
If we sign Saul and some other old but good center back then we will be resetting to a few seasons ago when our center back positions were good but needed to be replaced by someone younger. It would buy us some time for us to get the rest of the team sorted if indeed this is a project/clear out which will take a few years

AshRK

Having lost Herrera signing one CM we are still going to struggle IMO. Also our attack needs more than 1 signing.
I think we can indeed look pretty good with those (as long as players like Martial step up), but it will still be a 3 year process to get us anywhere near challenging for a major trophy
Yes it could take 3 years before we can challenge for the title especially with the way city are going crazy. I think if we sign right players and have a proper system we might very well start challenging sooner than later. We need to be ruthless and improve season by season.

Woziak

Zaha is not worth £100 million to anyone except Palace, as that’s the cost to them of him leaving and them subsequently getting relegated.
Don't we have a 33% sell on clause, so a £70M deal would probably cost the club £47.5M

Mikelinho

Saul? - The guy has a contract with Atletico until 2026:confused: i think his release clause is something out of this world.....

L1nk

Every time it comes up it seems like people have to be reminded that we are most 100% certainly not signings Saul. The guy signed a 10 year contract recently, it isn't happening.

Even if there is a mass exodus at Atletico this summer, they'll wanna hold onto him for this reason and his buyout clause is something ridiculous I believe.

Giggsyking

The Glazers, the leaches and their loyal servant Ed Woodward. I cant wait for the day to see them leaving.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Godin is old and at the end of his contract, Lucas has been in contact with Bayern since last summer and had a release clause, Rodri has a low release clause, Griezmann is seeing his best friend(Godin) leave and he probably wants to play for top trophies in a more attacking team. As for Saul, I would be very surprised if he leaves.
They signed Rodri just last summer if I'm not mistaken. It's kinda silly to have a clause of just 70 million, especially in today's market. And yeah it would be surprising if Saul went, he was on radio saying how when he signed that 9 year contract it wasn't just so he could leave after a couple of years. But if he sees his team losing their best players, he might reconsider his position.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

20% sell on fee according to the mail
That's terrible. I hope it's not true. Has to be higher than that given that we practically received pocket change for him when we sold him back after buying him for 15m.

Infestissumam

20% sell on fee according to the mail
English tabloid "journalism" at its finest. They could just say "United have a 20% sell on fee", but nooooo, "United earn (up to) 15m if Palace sell him for 80m" is just so much better. Cnuts.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You can’t be jealous of them maybe signing Pogba, we’ve already done that! And half seem to want him out anyway!
They’d actually make him look the world class midfielder he is. And then some.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Every time City miss out on a player Sam Lee is briefed to make it look like the player wasn't using them to get higher wages at the club he was really going to join.
He’s quite blatantly a mouth piece who is constantly spun yarns. Don’t know why he’s got this aura of being so reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.