Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Vandelay

Sounds like a threat to me. :eek:
I suppose if he doesn't follow through with the threat it will give the Portugese media something to speculate on for months.

"Fjortoft to murder Bruno today."

"Fjortoft watches Bruno from parked car."

"Fjortoft preparing a bid to murder Bruno."

"Fjortoft to step up interest in killing Bruno. Manchester United and Tottenham still interested."

SaintMuppet

Most of us wanted Fellaini, Smalling, Darmian (if he goes), Lukaku and Sanchez gone. To do it in one window is fantastic. Yes, I'd have preferred to see a couple of replacements in but at the same time I think we've had an issue for 2-3 years where the board has said you have to sell first and then demanded too much money.

I would argue selling and loaning these players out is BACKING Ole who has said 'get rid of them they don't fit the team' and/or their wages/attitude is stinking up the place.

If we can cut our squad from 30-odd players down to 22/23 then we have room to bring a couple more in January and next summer with 2-3 more players leaving.
Thinking we are suddenly going to plug those gaps in January is wishful thinking and I think you all know it!

Hopefully next summer will see stage 2 of this rebuild but if things go really badly this season nobody is going to want to come here.

We have left an awful lot to chance, I just hope it works out.

sparx99

Managers like Wenger started moaning that on match day 1 you play versus Team A and player X is ripping it to shreds vs you and then 2 weeks later that same player would transfer to Team C and when you play them he'll play again.
So to end that they decided to close the window the day before the first game. Genius!
And yet they let teams buy in January thus enabling the exact same thing!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
And now people are moaning about the amount we're selling Darmian for?! fecking hell. Literally moan about anything. He's in the final year of his contract and he's not played consistently for about 3 years. Getting him off of the books is good enough. Any fee is a bonus.

Josep Dowling

And now people are moaning about the amount we're selling Darmian for?! fecking hell. Literally moan about anything. He's in the final year of his contract and he's not played consistently for about 3 years. Getting him off of the books is good enough. Any fee is a bonus.
More the decision to keep him last summer when we could have got over £5m. Then we didn't use him all season and now sell him for peanuts. I'm glad he's gone though.

tonnas

Remember he has just one year left, have not played for ages, they gave us 1.5m plus a year free wages, total deal is around 5m. Good for us and for him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yep should have just sold him last year when it was clear weren't going to get a better offer. Woodward is a joker, but anyway I'm glad it's finally done.
Was it Woodward or Mourinho? Because the pattern with LVG and Ole, is that when the manager wants rid of a player, we do it regardless of cost.

Alabaster Codify7

Terrible.
We could have sold him for 4-8 times that last season/summer. But no,Woody cuts off his nose and ends up spiting his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.