Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
"United sources have told the MEN they do not expect to sign De Ligt amid reports in Spain they are the frontrunners to buy the coveted central defender. The suspicion among the United hierarchy is the story is being framed so Barcelona can eventually claim they beat United to De Ligt's signature."
Why though? We're hardly in a good spot. Wouldn't it be better for them to frame that they beat Juventus or Bayern or someone like that, why United? We finished 6th ffs :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Why though? We're hardly in a good spot. Wouldn't it be better for them to frame that they beat Juventus or Bayern or someone like that, why United? We finished 6th ffs :lol:
It's Samuel luckhurst. It may be true but not because he says it is.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Probably not to show they beat us to him (which isnt really that difficult), but probably fed by raiolia to up the fee, wages and agent fees.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think its quite clear by now that no one has any idea regarding this transfer. The most reliable news we have had so far is from Gerard Romero who said Utd are front runners and from Stone yesterday basically admitting he knows feck all. The British press are totally out of the loop on this one and there are going to be plenty of reports either way in the coming days before he eventually signs for someone.

dove

Because we are well known for offering stupid amounts of money/wages so the narrative will be like "De Ligt rejected £500k/w from United to join Barca because 'Mes que un club'".

ash_86

Club should just come out and say we are not interested if that's the case. Stop other clubs claiming moral victory.

mkso

Club should just come out and say we are not interested if that's the case. Stop other clubs claiming moral victory.
They already told journalists but people still don’t want to accept it, people keep saying : Don’t believe it, it is SSN, it is Ogden, it is MEN,etc

King7Eric

Its Luckhurst mate. He always seems to have something negative to say about Utd these days. He's useless when it comes to transfer news.

Sir Scott McToMinay

In my opinion everything happened pretty much exactly as rumored.

We gave it a right go, we were very close.
However the player always preferred Barcelona, after they lost the cup final to Valencia, they’ve improved their offer and the player is pretty much theirs.

Honestly, in 2-3 years when Messi really loses his mojo, we’ll be in a better place than Barcelona, I really think so, they’re in for a rude awakening when he’s done.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No one is going to believe Bayern or Juve offered De Ligt £350,000 a week.

ash_86

They already told journalists but people still don’t want to accept it, people keep saying : Don’t believe it, it is SSN, it is Ogden, it is MEN,etc
Stone posted like he didn't know what was going on tbf. Sky was quoting sky sources though which is quite bull. I was hoping the club would post a tweet to end it once and for all like Bayern or Real does.

Its Luckhurst mate. He always seems to have something negative to say about Utd these days. He's useless when it comes to transfer news.
I know. Just wish club would come out with a tweet if they are not interested in certain player. It's frustrating for fans to think this is going to happen if club have not intention of signing the player. Not just in this case but in general.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Not sure why people keep posting tweets from shit tier sources. I think page 1 already gave us info about which sources are good.

willhse456

No one is going to believe Bayern or Juve offered De Ligt £350,000 a week.
I don't know where this figure comes from. Spanish press are reporting Utd have offered him 14m euros per season whilst Barca are only willing to offer 8/9m euros. 240,000 per week sounds much more sensible, and I'm sure there are performance incentives added to that.

There's no way that we pay this guy 350k as we've been supposedly refusing to give our best player for the last 6 years that amount.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Because they're poor. And nothing looks better on a broke football club than some kind of moral superiority.

"He came to Barca because they're more than a club..." cue incessant wankfest, etc.

Acquire Me

"United sources have told the MEN they do not expect to sign De Ligt amid reports in Spain they are the frontrunners to buy the coveted central defender. The suspicion among the United hierarchy is the story is being framed so Barcelona can eventually claim they beat United to De Ligt's signature."
Wow. That’s not serious. Are we in kindergarten?

Kapardin

ESPN also said similar things. Looks like the club is briefing that its' Raiola playing games, which is most likely considering there is remotely no reason for De Ligt to choose us over Barca. He will get sufficient playing time there as well.

And I am not sure we need another Raiola client considering the baggage they come with, even if he is Maldini in defense.

Infra-red

United are telling anyone and everyone that it's not happening.

Up to you what conclusions you draw from that.

King7Eric

United are telling anyone and everyone that it's not happening.

Up to you what conclusions you draw from that.
The only journalist remotely reliable when it comes to briefing by Utd is Simon Stone and he said yesterday the club has said absolutely nothing regarding De Ligt. If you want to believe Luckhurst and his sources it's upto you. I'm not saying we're signing De Ligt but I sure as hell don't think it's because we have told Luckhurst that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The only journalist remotely reliable when it comes to briefing by Utd is Simon Stone and he said yesterday the club has said absolutely nothing regarding De Ligt. If you want to believe Luckhurst and his sources it's upto you. I'm not saying we're signing De Ligt but I sure as hell don't think it's because we have told Luckhurst that.
Well summed up.

It's a shame we still struggle to weed out shit sources in this thread.

NJM78

The best way to show they are not after De Ligt is to bid and sign a fecker they are actually after. Surely a top CB is wanted and very necessary if we have ambition. Saying that though I would imagine we are very much after him and if he doesnt join it is because he wanted to join someone else end of. There are other defenders out there we can sign on top of a RB, CM, RW etc. I hope he says as soon as nations cup is finished he is joining whoever as these saga's do my head in. Also De Gea and Pogba crap needs a resolution in next few weeks.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The best way to show they are not after De Ligt is to bid and sign a fecker they are actually after. Surely a top CB is wanted and very necessary if we have ambition. Saying that though I would imagine we are very much after him and if he doesnt join it is because he wanted to join someone else end of. There are other defenders out there we can sign on top of a RB, CM, RW etc. I hope he says as soon as nations cup is finished he is joining whoever as these saga's do my head in. Also De Gea and Pogba crap needs a resolution in next few weeks.
I doubt there'll be anything announced until after internationals are finished, with the possible exception of James as that seems to be pretty much wrapped up with announcement being kept quiet until James is ready after the death of his father.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I doubt there'll be anything announced until after internationals are finished, with the possible exception of James as that seems to be pretty much wrapped up with announcement being kept quiet until James is ready after the death of his father.
I'm sure a fair few football people are on hols as well.

VanGaalyTime

Screw the Premier League. They are completely ruining it now. It's a complete joke how Championship fodder 10 yrs ago could be both challenging for the league!
I don't even consider these types of clubs teams in the official sense. They don't compete in the same league as everyone else. Yes they may get a few first places but they won't "win" anything. Also, how can two billionaires from the same family own two competing clubs?

DoubleRevv

Can't wait for the next Arab spring uprising to weed out these corrupt Monarchies.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
True, I can think of a couple of clubs that would revel in saying they beat us to a player though...one in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.