Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Buttery

Scott, i'm sure you're a smart guy really.

You do realise there's actual stats that track these things? not just "my family go to games".

He plays mainly left as that was their weakest position, James can play RW just as easily.
Surly that in itself is a lack of intelligence! Stats can show many things, He starts on the left and moves over to the right after 5 mins for the rest of the game, stats show he played on the left. The point about family is they ACTUALLY went to every home game and watched the lad, its smart to trust what they say, no?

Oh, passive aggression is just not needed.

Are you a Destiny player? Me too, maybe we can sort this in the crucible :p

NYAS

Fans from all over England read this forum. But it's ridiculous to post transfers that actually happen instead of 100 rumours saying the same thing about de Ligt.
Keep posting them mate. Transfers between lower-league clubs are interesting. Often involves young talents, journeymen, former United prospects, etc. I don’t see the issue with it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Surly that in itself is a lack of intelligence! Stats can show many things, He starts on the left and moves over to the right after 5 mins for the rest of the game, stats show he played on the left. The point about family is they ACTUALLY went to every home game and watched the lad, its smart to trust what they say, no?

Oh, passive aggression is just not needed.

Are you a Destiny player? Me too, maybe we can sort this in the crucible :p
I won't attest to have watched many live matches, but from most of this seasons highlights he is infact playing on the left. As you say though he may well swap about during games - he can definitely play right wing.

Apologies if that came across as smarmy but a lot of people use the "my mate said" when there is actual data showing otherwise.

I do indeed! are you part of the Redcafe clan?

Sanche7

Rashford won't even start for Barca reserve team let alone first team.
I read somewhere that they want to develop him for a year or so and then sell him to an English club for a huge profit. That's been their transfer strategy for some time now, find a talented youngster, play him for a few minutes, sell them to a dumb English club and make millions in profit.
If that's their plan with Rashford, I can see us being the idiotic English club who pays over the odds to buy him

Fridge chutney

Keep posting them mate. Transfers between lower-league clubs are interesting. Often involves young talents, journeymen, former United prospects, etc. I don’t see the issue with it.
I agree! And you see some old faces at interesting places, like Tim Krul at Norwich.

Cheers mate. Thanks. Still this regulation is weird. Basically classifying Swansea as a foreign club, even though they play in all English FA competitions.
It's not at all weird, Swansea is in Wales and all Welsh club's players are registered with the Football Association of Wales (FAW). As soon as a player is being transfered from one Association to another, it's an International Transfer.

Rutan

Woody's finally going to create a DisneyLand for wunderkinds. I'm on board if it gets us De Ligt and Sancho. Adult DisneyLand couldn't get us Klopp, mind.

J_XO

Surely no Koulibally, Meunier, Bale (thankfully) coming in with that branding?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's not at all weird, Swansea is in Wales and all Welsh club's players are registered with the Football Association of Wales (FAW). As soon as a player is being transfered from one Association to another, it's an International Transfer.
But the club itself plays under the flagship of another association. That's the weird part.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
"Youth. Courage. Success."

*Looks at the fine print*

"We. Are. Broke."

Nah in all seriousness, I'm so up for that being the policy. With the exception of a CB. In every other position? Do it.

Kaivalya

Guesswork incoming. Assuming they get AWB for RB, and miss out on De Ligt. There's more coming. Would be incredibly stupid tease to make a tagline and sign just 1 player afterwards.
I know it's no rule that they must sign kids after this but I expect United to make 4-5 signings max in this window. Surely a big majority if not all would have this branding apply to them.

Can rule out Bale, Boateng, Rakitic then.
Does Rabiot qualify as youth? Bruno? Haller? All 24.
Partey and Umtiti are 25. Oblak 26. Koulibaly 27.

Tielemans, Maddison, Onana, Maignan, Sancho count. But who else who would fit this tagline are we linked with? Surely we are signing more than 2-3 youth players ?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
So, we’re going for a transfer strategy of bringing in promising, talented youngsters.....but half the forum wants to bin Rashford. Ok then

passing-wind

So, we’re going for a transfer strategy of bringing in promising, talented youngsters.....but half the forum wants to bin Rashford. Ok then
I wouldn't bin Rashford as such, but he's certainly limited in the department of being a promising player. Rashford's development thus far will see him to be nothing more than a Mk2 Welbeck.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I wouldn't bin Rashford as such, but he's certainly limited in the department of being a promising player. Rashford's development thus far will see him to be nothing more than a Mk2 Welbeck.
He's currently better than Welbeck has ever been at any point in his career.

Rashford is good from a technical standpoint, very good at holding the ball up and excellent at making runs in behind.

He is quite poor at finishing and is very poor when it comes to decision making.

Finishing is hard to improve without having an innate ability but it can be done, decision making I'd say is easier to improve on - and playing him more centrally goes a long way in mitigating that weakness anyway because its coming from wide positions where he regularly makes poor choices.

None of us know how good he'll be, it could be anywhere between as good as he is now or world class (imo unlikely), but comparisons to the likes of Welbeck? So harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.