Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

No need to panic whatsoever over Pogba. Carry on the rebuild knowing Paul is not going to be in the long term plans.

IF United get the right players in this summer then Paul can go, if not then he can stay. With 3 years left on his contract United should not be forced into anything that is not beneficial to the club.

Cantona in disguise

Dear oh dear. I was dead against resigning Pogba three years ago. Since he signed I’ve tried my best to support him. He needs to go. He’s a toxic mercenary. Had been nothing but a disruptive force. Bye bye Paul.

A lot of panic in here today. I'm not to fussed about pogba going like you but we must invest that money. If we dont it's going to be a long season.

Bestietom

No need to panic whatsoever over Pogba. Carry on the rebuild knowing Paul is not going to be in the long term plans.

IF United get the right players in this summer then Paul can go, if not then he can stay. With 3 years left on his contract United should not be forced into anything that is not beneficial to the club.
So you would keep a player who doesn't want to be here, and even says he will strike to force a move. No thank you, let him off. We can get in 2 Top midfielders who will give us 110% every week with the money we receive for him now.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Don’t appoint a mid table manager if you don’t want a mid table side.

All of our best players wanting out and seemingly unable to attract any top class players.

I hope the Glazers are proud. They’ve completely fecking destroyed us.

J_XO

Letting Pogba go wouldn’t upset me so much if it seemed like we would recruit well :rolleyes: Herrera already gone, Pogba wanting out and Ole apparently not wanting Matic. We need an overhaul that isn’t going to happen. 4/5 coming in meaning we will have gaping holes in our squad again.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Been saying for over a year that Pogba is a dick and needs to be gone from the club.

We need to move on from the idea that he’s going to lead us back to the promised land. When the going got tough, Pogba wants to run away. No true united player would have this attitude. Get rid and where we might finish next season should not come into the decision whether to sell him.

Bestietom

Letting Pogba go wouldn’t upset me so much if it seemed like we would recruit well :rolleyes: Herrera already gone, Pogba wanting out and Ole apparently not wanting Matic. We need an overhaul that isn’t going to happen. 4/5 coming in meaning we will have gaping holes in our squad again.
yeah, it looks like it's getting harder every day and the overhaul is getting worse and worse.
Woodward needs to get moving fast with less than 8 weeks left in this transfer window. We need a complete new midfield (3 players) a RB, a CB a RW and possibly a forward also.

dev1l

The sooner he leaves the better....great player but an even greater prima Donna
He can be a match winner in some games but not even bothered in others...

hobbers

On the one hand it'd be better for the club to get shot of Pogba as quickly as possible...

On the other hand, feck you Raiola, feck you Paul, feck you Perez. Give us £150m.

Bestietom

Well I was expecting it. He just went through the motions in the last few games here and you could see that he wasn't interested. The Glazers and woodward wanted to keep him and Ole wont be sorry to see him go. imo.

OohAahMartial

Always saw the Bruno interest as lining up Pogba's replacement. And when we sacked Jose it seemed only right that we should sell The Virus too. I believe Ole will clear out most of the existing squad within 2 years. They're pretty much all shite so I don't care. Now we just need Paul to hand in his request, Juve and Real to stop with the part-exchange offers and properly compete for him, asap, so we can get buying asap. If we get anywhere near our asking price for him and Lukaku then we should be able to get quite a few players. But I wouldn't be at all surprised to see De Gea go too. I think they can all be replaced, but the biggest challenge will be to gel them into a team, and for that we really need to get them in asap for pre-season. Its a brutal baptism of fire for Ole.

Dr. StrangeHate

Final nail in the coffin for United's chances next season. Leicester likely over take us now. Everton a possibility as well. Even a shit Pogba was easily our most productive player. 2nd class players like the ones we are after are not going to replace even his miserly contributions.

Garethw

The meltdown in here is something to behold.
Because we know full well that he won’t be adequately replaced.

I think the guy is a cnut, but he’s also a world class player. If we are replacing him with another world class player, then great, no problem at all. But can you honestly see that being the case?

If we go into the season with Matic, Fred and McTominay as our first choice midfield then we are fecked.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Because we know full well that he won’t be adequately replaced.

I think the guy is a cnut, but he’s also a world class player. If we are replacing him with another world class player, then great, no problem at all. But can you honestly see that being the case?

If we go into the season with Matic, Fred and McTominay as our first choice midfield then we are fecked.
I understand the fear as we have been woeful in the market the last few years, but I cannot see that being the case for next season. Replacements will definitely be incoming.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I understand the fear as we have been woeful in the market the last few years, but I cannot see that being the case for next season. Replacements will definitely be incoming.
It’s definitely the case. Those in charge don’t really care. It’s time there was a lot more outrage as to how this club is being run. We are mediocre. Pointless existence right now.

Bestofthebest

it's hyperbole of course, but I highly doubt we have quality players lined up that we just can't afford unless Pogba leaves and I certainly doubt we can replace the goals and assists he provided from midfield. Also losing your best player after finishing 6th and hiring a completely unproven manager based on a decent start is hardly gonna excite potential targets.
The reason players come to OT is not always to win trophies etc but is more likely to get the best wages in the PL, not have to be particularly good on the field and to have various sources of income from media images or have your own brand of whatever. The more well known the player is the more likely they will be looking at these additional benefits.

If players want to win things they will only go to one of two clubs in the PL but unfortunately for them that is not for them to decide unless they get an exclusive invitation. I doubt the longevity of the managers tenure, or his proven ability, has much influence because it is not something easily determined or influenced by them or anyone else.

Already we areapparently interesting players who have been performing well for their present teams but I have doubts about wether they want to come to OT or are just using us as a tool to up their potential earnings with another interested club, or even their present club.

Vault Dweller

It’s definitely the case. Those in charge don’t really care. It’s time there was a lot more outrage as to how this club is being run. We are mediocre. Pointless existence right now.
The last time we finished outside the champions league we spent an absolute fortune. I’m pretty sure we will do the same this summer considering it’s still only the middle of June.

Garethw

But we are only being linked with the likes of Longstaff mate. He’s potentially a brilliant player, but like with any youngster it’s 50/50 regarding he’ll make it at the highest level (CL club etc).

We needed to add top quality players to this squad that could make an instant impact and that was before potentially losing DDG, Pogba and Lukaku.

I’ve accepted that we are becoming a mid table side. The signs have been there for a while, but this summer window was make or break. I know there is 8 weeks left and all that, but I have literally zero belief in Woodward to sort this out.

Toad

Clear as day. Club must act quickly now and sanction the sale. Nothing under 150m, and that cash must be invested on 3 top quality CM.
Stupid if they don’t sell him this window. He plays like he doesn’t want to be here and that will be the worst things for us. Selling him will be the the best thing to happen to this club at the moment I recon.

Bestietom

I said last season that our weakest area was Midfield. Now I'm excited about bringing in the right 3 players for this area.
If we can bring in the right ones in midfield it will be 70% of the battle solved. imo.
We need skillful players who can control a game and that will give us 110% every game.

Vault Dweller

But we are only being linked with the likes of Longstaff mate. He’s potentially a brilliant player, but like with any youngster it’s 50/50 regarding he’ll make it at the highest level (CL club etc).

We needed to add top quality players to this squad that could make an instant impact and that was before potentially losing DDG, Pogba and Lukaku.

I’ve accepted that we are becoming a mid table side. The signs have been there for a while, but this summer window was make or break. I know there is 8 weeks left and all that, but I have literally zero belief in Woodward to sort this out.
I agree about Longstaff and I personally think that would be an excellent signing. And yes we have only been linked with players like that, but there has been tweets for a while now saying that moves for certain players (Bruno, Tielemans) would be dependent upon Pogba. Now he and Lukaku have confirmed in the last few days that they want out, I thoroughly believe interest in other elite players to be ramped right up.

We absolutely need quality, you’re right. And the signs point to having no belief at all in Woodward and co to sort out the issues. But it is only mid June, and we have had a woeful season. I still think the club will accept we need to spend massively this summer, and I can see that happening more so now with the recent news.

J_XO

These tactics from Lukaku and Pogba tells you everything. Raiola gets them to express their desire to leave publicly in hope that we comply. Problem is, they’re on lengthy contracts so if we don’t get a good offer we won’t sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.