Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooney1987

Quite pathetic if we are being honest too.
It’s not surprising, mods gonna have one tough job on there hands over next year.

Ole said today and other countless times United are working on bringing in players. Then gone on to compliment what he’s got already. I struggle to see what is wrong here. Demanding new players and disrespecting the young players at a presser worked so well for Jose.

HJ12

It's ridiculous actually. When Ole was handed the job the rhetoric at the time was that if he doesn't get the necessary backing by the Board, the fans will surely turn on Ed and his mates, as Ole's a legend etc. etc. Seems we have short memories, as the blame for the current transfer mess lies squarely with Woody and Co and has very little to do with the manager and coaching staff. Yet, we're turning on Ole.

Ole can hardly throw the current players under the bus and say they're sh*t, and then be stuck with them (and them only) for the remainder of the season. We'll implode if that were to happen.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Read a tweet stating torn ACL with surgery scheduled in coming days.
That's out for the season then?

One of the worst thing about sports - injuries. Really hate to see it.

Tarrou

It's ridiculous actually. When Ole was handed the job the rhetoric at the time was that if he doesn't get the necessary backing by the Board, the fans will surely turn on Ed and his mates, as Ole's a legend etc. etc. Seems we have short memories, as the blame for the current transfer mess lies squarely with Woody and Co and has very little to do with the manager and coaching staff. Yet, we're turning on Ole.

Ole can hardly throw the current players under the bus and say they're sh*t, and then be stuck with them (and them only) for the remainder of the season. We'll implode if that were to happen.
The funny thing is people seem to want Ole to take the same approach as José last summer which basically set us up for a disastrous season.

Ole has two choices. Either come out and criticize Ed/the board for not backing him enough in the market, and by doing so also has to publicly reveal he believes his players aren’t good enough, and pretty much guarantee he’ll get sacked within in 12 months.

Or go the other route and use this moment to talk up the players he has, whilst keeping his discontent about lack of transfers behind closed doors and keep pushing Ed to get the players he needs.

It’s obvious the latter is the best option for him and the club, unless you believe some fantasy scenario whereby Ole speaking out somehow helps get rid of Ed or makes Glazers drastically change their stance on player acquisition.

RedDevilRoshi

Couldn’t agree more!

Well said!

RedDevilRoshi

If the Ceballos deal falls through due to Asensio’s injury and Everton beat Arsenal to the signing of Wilfried Zaha, the meltdown from Arsenal fans will be something pretty huge and enjoyable to watch :lol:

NYAS

There’s zero chance Zaha is going to agree to leave London unless it’s City or Liverpool.

Josep Dowling

I don't think that's true at all. His comments does half sound like excuses for the board. We couldn't get our first choice so we are not going for anyone elese. I think that is terrible given our situation. There should surely be other options out there. We have needed a better quality CB for two summers now, we certainly need a CM and a RW. But the blame lies solely on Woodward & Co if we don't get anyone in.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Jim White has never been right about anything.
I think his one 'contact' is the everton owner though isn't it?

I'm sure he's previously said that he regularly wanks Moshiri off, so he might have been told a thing or two.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Are Gazetta reliable, they’re saying SMS is very close.

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomerca...124461226_amp.shtml?__twitter_impression=true

Here we are. Sergej Milinkovic is really close to the farewell to the biancocelesti colors. The turning point, which had been in the air for at least 48 hours, since Lotito had given the green light to his sale ("we can't cut his wings") came after a new contact between the Roman club and Manchester United, which he then returned to the lead over Paris Saint Germain. The English company, which is preparing to cede Pogba to Real Madrid, has reformulated to Lotito the proposal already hypothesized in recent weeks. With a novelty that, with the exception of a twist, will induce the Lazio patron to say yes. United's first proposal was 75 million euros. Now, bonuses have been added to this. Those of easy realization, therefore sure, will bring the figure to 80 million. This is not the "indecent proposal" repeatedly evoked by the president, but it is nevertheless a river of money that will serve to replenish the corporate coffers and allow Lazio to buy another 3-4 good level players. A river of money that will also reach Milinkovic who with the Red Devils will sign a five-year contract worth 6-7 million euros a year.

lysglimt

Scout
I don't like how he defended the way the club was bought by the Glazers, he defended them to the hilt under scrutiny from MPs and was completely fine with the Glazer's leveraged buyout of the club, which was wrong in my opinion. I think that any owner who buys a club should have the money to do do themselves with out plunging the club into debt.
Fair enough - I don't Think he had much choice if he wanted to stay at the club - but….I accept your point

Giggsyking

It’s not surprising, mods gonna have one tough job on there hands over next year.

Ole said today and other countless times United are working on bringing in players. Then gone on to compliment what he’s got already. I struggle to see what is wrong here. Demanding new players and disrespecting the young players at a presser worked so well for Jose.
He is backing on his own fecking comments. That is the problem. I dont fecking care if he is talking the sweet talk or the hard talk anymore. We need to see results, it has been 6 years of mediocrity and if he drags us into another mediocre season then the fans will not sit there and do nothing.

ArjenIsM3

He is backing on his own fecking comments. That is the problem. I dont fecking care if he is talking the sweet talk or the hard talk anymore. We need to see results, it has been 6 years of mediocrity and if he drags us into another mediocre season then the fans will not sit there and do nothing.
Eh? So the problem is he isn't backtracking? :confused: What's Ole got to do with these six years of mediocrity? He's only just joined. This is his first full season. If anyone is to blame for any of the shite we're in it's Woodward. That includes our underwhelming (so far) transfer window.

Giggsyking

The funny thing is people seem to want Ole to take the same approach as José last summer which basically set us up for a disastrous season.

Ole has two choices. Either come out and criticize Ed/the board for not backing him enough in the market, and by doing so also has to publicly reveal he believes his players aren’t good enough, and pretty much guarantee he’ll get sacked within in 12 months.

Or go the other route and use this moment to talk up the players he has, whilst keeping his discontent about lack of transfers behind closed doors and keep pushing Ed to get the players he needs.

It’s obvious the latter is the best option for him and the club, unless you believe some fantasy scenario whereby Ole speaking out somehow helps get rid of Ed or makes Glazers drastically change their stance on player acquisition.
Or the third choice.. keep his mouth shut and do not give promises he can not act on.

Giggsyking

I don't think that's true at all. His comments does half sound like excuses for the board. We couldn't get our first choice so we are not going for anyone elese. I think that is terrible given our situation. There should surely be other options out there. We have needed a better quality CB for two summers now, we certainly need a CM and a RW. But the blame lies solely on Woodward & Co if we don't get anyone in.
Exactly and Ole should not cover for Ed. He is a fecking united legend. Unless he cares more about his job than united, then fair enough he can kiss his boss's as* as much as he likes.

Giggsyking

Eh? So the problem is he isn't backtracking? :confused: What's Ole got to do with these six years of mediocrity? He's only just joined. This is his first full season. If anyone is to blame for any of the shite we're in it's Woodward. That includes our underwhelming (so far) transfer window.
Exactly, so dont cover for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.