Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

Would be such a poor move from him, salary increase aside. Surely he can hold out for a top 4 club for another season.
Could be but Everton has shown to be a place where you can move to a top 4 side.

Although, this is a big move for Everton so he could find it hard to move on if he impresses clubs higher up the table. He should get some clauses in there.

Withnail

We have 4 priority positions now that RB is sorted. We can’t hope to challenge for the league if we dont buy strong CB, DM, AM and RF.

It’s only if we lost ambition and are happy with a top 4 finish - but the supporters won’t be happy with that
Top 4 is literally the extent of the Glazers ambitions

Varun1

A right winger? What kind of idiot would think we need a right winger? Neglecting the position for a decade is clearly the smart move..
Anyone remember when midfield was the issue? And then Scholes came back, like a new signing said Fergie. And then Giggs moved to midfield as well.
Maybe Nani could come back.

To an extent, we seem to be repeating mistakes of previous years. The same, over and over...

Crashoutcassius

That’s my assessment of the weaknesses In Our squad, right. But I think many would agree with it
More people would say we need to replace 10 of the 11 players of any line up because pogba deserves better. I'm giving a reason as to why the club actually aren't buying fernandes, in real life, because in most fans view there's no good reason why we aren't signing 18 players every summer

SaintMuppet

Top 4 is literally the extent of the Glazers ambitions
This!

They have no interest in being the best, finishing top etc. They will happily settle for 4th every year forever. As long as the money rolls in they don’t care, nor do they need to.

They are not fans of the club. They are running a business and won’t be spending a penny more than they feel they need to. Better get used to it.

SATA

80M euros for Pepe. Christ, talking about over inflated fees. Lille are getting double their money’s worth for the player so well done to them if they pull it off. Rather that money went to buying Maguire instead

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This!

They have no interest in being the best, finishing top etc. They will happily settle for 4th every year forever. As long as the money rolls in they don’t care, nor do they need to.

They are not fans of the club. They are running a business and won’t be spending a penny more than they feel they need to. Better get used to it.
I mean it's mostly true but still, we could have won the league having spent half of what we have in the last 5 years if it had have been spent properly. Woodward and his negotiators are the major issue.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
80M euros for Pepe. Christ, talking about over inflated fees. Lille are getting double their money’s worth for the player so well done to them if they pull it off. Rather that money went to buying Maguire instead
We will have another shit season if we don't do something at that end, whereas Pepe wouldn't have changed anything.

Withnail

I can't read the full article, but does he come up with an answer other than the market has gone completely mad and players simply cost too much these days?
Not really no.

He also makes the claim that United would have been better off giving an youth player 3 yrs first team experience rather than paying the 89m for Pogba.He neglects to name this fictitious player though.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Lukaku going to Inter hopefully soon will accelerate everything else.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Next Summer I am going to create a table of which sources predicted what with confidence like the one above and see just how many are talking complete bullshit.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Such a weird link, imo. I would say they use Pogba's name and stature to build up their own players worth. He is tall, physical, technical and not disciplined to play deep but is good further forward where he is also inconsistent. Similarities yes and they played in the same league, but they are not in the same league as players. I don't get how a player can be mostly uninteresting for the top clubs around and at the same time be touted as an 100m signing to replace Pogba. Surreal. He would probably be a punt for Juventus at 35m at most, and I don't see any other top club forking out more than that either. He seems to only be linked away with a move if it is as a 100m Pogba replacement, which is just absurd. It's a straight up scam at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.