Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RD94

Arsenal signing the best RW on the market while we still don't have a single natural player in that position.
In your dreams maybe.His close control of the ball is awful,his legs go around like he is Eric Bailly of the attack.Better to avoid.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Who plays on what ever position that guy plays?
He plays right or left if im not mistaken.. Arsenal have Mkhi, Iwobi, and one of Auba or Lacazette to work the channels.

They REALLY need a defence. Its hilarious how mediocre every single player in their back 5 is, and then they have a loose central midfield on top.

Giggsyking

Would rather wait for Sancho then get Pepe. In fact, I'm more upset about our DM situation. Good signing for Arsenal though.
Yes we should wait more. The RW position has been empty for a thousand year, another year will not make a difference.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
How many teams have "agreed" with Pepe so far this window?

R'hllor

He plays right or left if im not mistaken.. Arsenal have Mkhi, Iwobi, and one of Auba or Lacazette to work the channels.

They REALLY need a defence. Its hilarious how mediocre every single player in their back 5 is, and then they have a loose central midfield on top.
Putting defence on a side, by looking at those names, they dont have shit on sides, Iwobi maybe and they probably rather see Auba or Laca as strikers instead playing wide.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is good. They're spending their budget on a position they're well stocked in the dumb fecks.
Their wingers are Iwobi, Reiss Nelson, and Mkhitaryan. They’re not stocked in that position at all.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Putting defence on a side, by looking at those names, they dont have shit on sides, Iwobi maybe and they probably rather see Auba or Laca as strikers instead playing wide.
They won't play two up top to stay central, so one of lacka or Auba will work the flank (much like one of martial and Rashford would for us). The fact remains they have players capable of considerable chances and damage already, especially if Ozil gets going.

They lost Ramsey, Xakha is shite, they need to fix both full back positions and at least one centre back for Sokritis. They are far far more depleted in other areas of the pitch.

It's sort of like us spending our entire budget on a striker when we need a centre half. Nice buy, but makes little sense.

NJM78

A defence that conceded less than us last season. I agree its awful but ours is probably only better now due to AWB. Them signing another attacker when they also score more goals than us is worrying and they are the team along with Spurs and Chelsea that we need to overtake to get top 4. Our main striker wants to leave also.

Our club just confuses me. Surely if our dream is Sancho we will need CL football next year. I would bet my house that we don't get top 4 unless we bring in some top players in next 12 days which I have little faith in happening. So what happens then?

Fox outside the box

We simply cannot sit back and allow Arsenal to get Pepe. It would be exactly the same as when we stepped aside to allow City to get Bernardo Silva. Here's a ridiculously talented players who can play from the right. What are we waiting for? 12 days to get a minimum of 3 world class players. Can't see us challenging for the top 6 without them.
One of the most ridiculous things I've seen posted for a while, you've outdone yourself.

Alabaster Codify7

Would rather wait for Sancho then get Pepe. In fact, I'm more upset about our DM situation. Good signing for Arsenal though.

I'd rather wait for Messi as well to play #10. Neither is happening.

Jadon Sancho will never wear our shirt. When he leaves next summer, it'll be to a massively CURRENTLY successful club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A defence that conceded less than us last season. I agree its awful but ours is probably only better now due to AWB. Them signing another attacker when they also score more goals than us is worrying and they are the team along with Spurs and Chelsea that we need to overtake to get top 4. Our main striker wants to leave also.

Our club just confuses me. Surely if our dream is Sancho we will need CL football next year. I would bet my house that we don't get top 4 unless we bring in some top players in next 12 days which I have little faith in happening. So what happens then?
If you look at our goals conceded tally in the past 5 seasons youl find last season was a huge anomoly.

There's no need to panic and fill every hole now. These transitions take time. What if we buy Pepe, he's alright and not world class, we get top 4 and we want Sancho? Ed won't just buy another big signing and put Pepe on the bench. You might as well wait for the big signings when they're available and fill other big holes in the squad in the meantime.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It's infuriating but I agree that their defense is so laughable that it won't make much difference in terms of competing with them.
Well, our defense is no better. Conversely, last season might have been an anomaly for our, normally decent, defense. But we're still in dire need of quality up front and there's two weeks left. Really awful planning from us if we're looking to add more players as, if they don't get going immediately, we'll be rolling in the "needs a pre-season" excuses.

pascell

Who reported that Arsenal have a 40 million budget?
Ornstein, this deal will be a chunk upfront and then installments.

People losing their shit over this transfer need to remember, you build a great team front the back, this will be the downfall of Arsenal this season and if they have the same budgets going forward, they'll be stuck in the same for the next couple of seasons.

If we get Maguire in addition to AWB in defence, we've gone the correct way of doing things, add James and Fernandes, that's a good enough summer for me. We have to be realistic in our expectations, those 4 signings would see us get top 3 and EL I'm sure.

NJM78

If you look at our goals conceded tally in the past 5 seasons youl find last season was a huge anomoly.

There's no need to panic and fill every hole now. These transitions take time. What if we buy Pepe, he's alright and not world class, we get top 4 and we want Sancho? Ed won't just buy another big signing and put Pepe on the bench. You might as well wait for the big signings when they're available and fill other big holes in the squad in the meantime.
Our right side is a big hole for me, the biggest along with CB in my opinion. Also our biggest problem is scoring goals if you look over same time period.
I'm all for winning games 4-3, 3-2 etc than hoping an average of less that two goals a game scored is enough to win us games. We only won 50% of our league games, that is abysmal to be fair.
I don't believe we are a better team overall than last year after losing Herrera and potentially Lukaku, despite our two new signings. Next season will be a huge struggle. I went against the general consensus on here last summer when I said we would not get top 4, this summer I am even more confident in us failing.

KristianMackle

Ole touted the possibly of starting Greenwood against Chelsea. He was never looking for a RW on the market. He wants to give the kids a chance. Fine but can we get something to excite the fans?

Snafu17

If we get Maguire in addition to AWB in defence, we've gone the correct way of doing things, add James and Fernandes, that's a good enough summer for me. We have to be realistic in our expectations, those 4 signings would see us get top 3 and EL I'm sure.
The problem is that's a lot of ifs. It can all change quickly of course (Pepe to Arsenal being the topical example) but there seems to be feck all happening currently and there's less than two weeks left in the window. It doesn't really inspire confidence.

NJM78

Ole touted the possibly of starting Greenwood against Chelsea. He was never looking for a RW on the market. He wants to give the kids a chance. Fine but can we get something to excite the fans?
Unless Lingard or Mata are both injured I cannot see Greenwood starting despite what Ole said or says, we need nothing but three points opening day and his faves will always play. Also I'd wager the other youngsters will not even be on the bench if everyone fit.

SATA

Not fussed about Pepe. Good that Arsenal are spending 80M on him. I expected them to spend it on Zaha who is much less of a risk imo

Slysi17

You simply can't put all the pressure on a kid by making him your starting right winger. Its just suicide. Should of got a quality right winger and ease the kids into the team. Absolutely disgraceful we haven't bought a right winger. Even more disgraceful if Ole put heaps of pressure on a kid like Mason Greenwood by making him our important starting right winger.

pascell

The problem is that's a lot of ifs. It can all change quickly of course (Pepe to Arsenal being the topical example) but there seems to be feck all happening currently and there's less than two weeks left in the window. It doesn't really inspire confidence.
We'll end up getting Maguire, we haven't made bids to give up at this stage. Fernandes will be an easier one to get over the line as Sporting are evidently, open to selling.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pepe doesn't suddenly turn Arsenal into a much better side than us. Bit of an overreaction.
Well they were ahead of us last season and are now improving their team. Not saying we don't stand a chance obviously but it won't be easy.

VanGaalyTime

Pepe doesn't suddenly turn Arsenal into a much better side than us. Bit of an overreaction.

Guess we'll see next season. But Pepe, Tierney, and Ceballos are better than our players in the same position. And Arsenal finished above us last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.