Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun1

They needed a player like Gueye or Herrera, but I think both are overkill.

Both have very high interception and tackle stats, fantastic stamina, and will try to impose themselves in a game. Neither are particularly insightful on the ball, or can they score goals.

Sort of in agreement with @Lemansky. In Ligue 1 they can get away with playing Marquinhos there, but in the CL the level needs to be higher. Not sure Gueye and Herrera have that.
What sort of player is Paredes?

Bestietom

Title challenge? if anyone is expecting that then I would be extremely worried about their sanity. 4th place is the best we are doing in my opinion even with Maguire.
If we got Maguire and 2 top midfielders we would challenge. But I have my doubts about anymore signings after Maguire.

VanGaalyTime

If we got Maguire and 2 top midfielders we would challenge. But I have my doubts about anymore signings after Maguire.
As long as we keep Pogba, possibly. But we're not competing with Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and particularly City if we sell Pogba.

Welbeckham

Adam Webster is an exceptional defender. Bit surprised Brighton the only ones interested.
Must be quite highly rated indeed, because £25m for a Championship CB is huge money. Villa of course payed similar fee for Mings, but he looked like Van Dijk in Championship.

mancan92

Because what he has done for France is completely irrelevant to club football, he is a club record fee and a very talented player........and bar two months, has been at worst awful and at best good in 70% of the games he has played for us.

I hate the fact we spent so much on Lukaku who was never going to be a great striker for us in my mind when we signed him, Pogba could have been a great player for us, but regardless of those around him he has been nowhere near bar the odd false dawn.

You say a once in a generation talent yet look at our best cm Keane, Robson, Scholes, he doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as any of them, not even Ince. All fantastic players FOR US and remember Robson was surrounded by mediocre players most of his career too.

So I am more surprised people talk positively about Pogba when he is a record fee and a hugely talented player.....that has been generally pretty damn average for us for the vast majority of his time here
You know also a big difference between those players and pogba is they played in fantastic teams. Pogba plays with trash.

bucky

Zenit are offering Barcelona €41m for Malcom; Catalan giants holding out for €45m, Russians want to close deal in the next 48 hours (RMC)

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Kean going and Mandzukic no where near what he was... Lukaku is going for Juve aint he? Dybala you can come here if you want mate :drool:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Will they let Dybala go after this?
Well they are selling a striker so it must increase the need for Lukaku, unless they are fine with Higuain.

I thought Sarri loves Higuain too? Weird

Alemar

Would much prefer Kean to Dybala. As long as Kean stays focused, he'll score plenty in the PL.
What’s the point? He plays the same position as other players we have (so it’s replacing goals with same goals). Dybala plays different position (so it will be additional goals)

mad1max954

Well they are selling a striker so it must increase the need for Lukaku, unless they are fine with Higuain.

I thought Sarri loves Higuain too? Weird
Big Higuain is done in my opinion. Appreciate Lukaku's 2nd touch is a tackle, but he is still an upgrade in fairness.

Is Dybala actually going to happen?

izec

What’s the point? He plays the same position as other players we have (so it’s replacing goals with same goals). Dybala plays different position (so it will be additional goals)
Plus another young striker/attacker. We have Martial, Rashford and greenwood already. Need a more advanced and finished player.

VanGaalyTime

Dybala at 25 hasn't shown much yet. And he's supposedly at the peak of his powers. Kean is 19 and has a brilliant scoring record already. I'd much rather we buy players based on talent rather than age (as long as it's not above 28).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Great addition to your team and the Premier League.

Juventus would've been mad not to include a buy-back clause though. Probably kicks in after the 20/21 season or something with a 10-20m profit for Everton?

Jacob

Zenit are offering Barcelona €41m for Malcom; Catalan giants holding out for €45m, Russians want to close deal in the next 48 hours (RMC)
"French football news"

If this is true we should be in for him.

nainaisson

Pogba and Lukaku for Bruno, SMS and Maguire. How happy are you lads with that business?
Poor Matic's legs will fall off trying to cover for Bruno and SMS. But I'm sure McTominay will magically transform into N'Golo Kante and take his place, so no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.