Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanche7

Imagine rejecting 70 mil + 2 players for ...................Zaha :lol::lol::lol:
Well it's actually 52.5 mill plus two players, one player on loan. That 25% sell on clause we have is the reason why they are asking for 100 mill

ArjenIsM3

Do you really think Ole is happy with how this transfer window has gone for us? I would say absolutely fecking not. We failed miserably yet again.
I'd say he's probably happy with the players he did get, but also feels he didn't get enough players. Probably hoped for 4 or 5 and got 3 instead. He'd do well to keep his concerns / criticism indoors though.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
As it stands, it's either a magical U-turn on Dybala/Eriksen, or we are interested in Bruno afterall... Or a brand new target will emerge and be signed within roughly 24 hours... And has that ever happened before for us?

Basically, I'd be surprised if we buy anyone new at this point.
Yeah agreed. Just annoys me that guys like Stone/Ducker are alluding to us “pursuing other targets” but don’t provide any names. They’re basically guessing that we must be after somebody.

pacifictheme

The chance of us scoring more than last season are slimmer than us conceding less considering the shit midfield we have.
I think people massively under estimate how important midfield is to defending. Look at liverpools midfield. Its no wonder they concede so few, their midfield is like another line of defence. We'll have matic and mctominay in there shielding us...

TsuWave

I think Tielemans, Ndombele and Fernandes were all achievable targets, but alas

We don’t adequately reinforce and are potentially going into next season with a weaker midfield than the year before, and this thread is already position itself to blame Pogba for a potential disastrous incoming season

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why? He's not very good, but he's better than Rashford/Martial and we have nobody else.
He isn’t better than those two. Martial will be a much better striker than Lukaku if given an extended run there.

Hanky panky

It's totally unbelievable that we haven't signed any midfielder. How it is even possible? After Fellaini and Herrera everybody waited at least one midfielder and hoped two. No idea what went wrong but i would like to know. I don't believe anybody in club is happy with options we have.

mancan92

Why not? Rashford and Martial have had some issues with lucidity and that's mostly fitness related.
Martial is a high level converter but he needs to be in those positions.
I do think those 2 have it in them, but the system needs to keep pushing them forward and they need to be in top conditions themselves.
We have worked on that, so we need to see the results now.
15 extra goals is a big jump for them to make. Especially when we barely have any creative players in the team. I just don't see where they will get the extra goals.

People also forget pogba had a freak year he is unlikely to replicate that form again for us especially since he doesn't want to be here.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I suspect that one player we are trying is Longstaff. We’ll get him by tonight i reckon, 35-40M plus add ons
So Newcastle are asking for £50m all summer, but would be willing to accept £10-15m less 24 hours before the deadline, which doesn't even give them the time to find a replacement? Highly unlikely.

Cypriot

Not sure why you make that conclusion, I do know football is a business. My point is if WC players don't want to be at the club then most likely they won't perform at their WC level, which has nothing to do with being "too romanticized".

I agree with you on needing top players but i'd rather have top players who wants to play for united (not some love dubby crap but a player who won't demand stupid wages just to come here) than players whose sole motivation is gaining stupid wages. IMO Dybala wanting increase in wages to come here is fine (top players will always demand more, nothing wrong with it) but if he wants Sanchez money then he can feck off and it has nothing to do with being "too romanticized" but its good business to not pay stupid wages to convince the player (s) to join. If you go down that route then you end up with players on stupid wages and hard to move on.
It's more of a generalization than a personal attack on you, so my apologies.

I hear what you're saying, and in an ideal world of course that's how we'd want it. However this leads into another discussion about player agents. Doesn't matter if Dybala/whoever was a lifelong united season ticket holder with posters of Djemba Djemba on his bedroom wall as a child - his agent knows what players get at United and the fact that he would be giving up guaranteed trophies and success in the short term and he will want his client to be paid massively.

Until we are successful again, we won't be able to pull the best players without paying a shit ton of money, it's as simple as that. And unfortunately the bottom line is we won't be able to compete now with the teams above us by signing average players who really want to play for United. We don't have a legendary boss to pull anymore, our club's structure is very publicly scrutinized by everyone. We seem, from the outside, an unstable, declining club football wise.

Also please don't get me wrong, we are not that far off in terms of our first team. We have 3-4 positions which need filling with world class talent, but we are going to have to pay massively to get them filled.

Smores

We want to bring in one more but he's happy with what he has?...........So he mustn't be that happy if he wants another player in.

WTF! :lol:
At least when the club are briefing this it's for the sake of optics. We have loads on here making the same argument and i can't figure for whose benefit because its obviously bollocks.

No way is Ole actually happy he'll be pulling his hair out in private trying to get more in.

AVARiCE

<insert bs here>
You've spent ages tapping out absolute nonsense here. You're either bitter about not having a good working relationship with clubs as the way they interact with media changed or are simply making it all up.

Not a chance this is true.

SATA

So Newcastle are asking for £50m all summer, but would be willing to accept £10-15m less 24 hours before the deadline, which doesn't even give them the time to find a replacement? Highly unlikely.
There’ll be a compromise if it happens. Do you really think they will get 50M for Sean fecking Longstaff? It’s just posturing i reckon. We’ll walk away again if the price stays that way and we should be. Newcastle have also spent money on quite a few players i think

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Why do you think we'll end up with Longstaff? Not a single journalist has indicated we will, and Newcastle have said they won't sell him. :confused:
Just have a feeling based on the fact it seems like he's one of the other lot we've specifically earmarked and now all our AM options seem to have run out, we'll go for him.

The only way we will get Sancho is to get CL football. It is imperative
Agreed, it's quite a pivotal season for us if we want him.

El-Manos

I think Tielemans, Ndombele and Fernandes were all achievable targets, but alas

We don’t adequately reinforce and are potentially going into next season with a weaker midfield than the year before, and this thread is already position itself to blame Pogba for a potential disastrous incoming season
Forgot about Tielemans!!! We are absolute feckin idiots for not going for him. He was cheap too.

rotherham_red

He made him captain as well. There are a lot of promising kids at this club, maybe the best crop for years, so want to see them get a chance.
Oh, absolutely! And the only silver lining to our poor recruitment is that the likes of Gomes and Greenwood will be getting the chances to gain that first team experience in proper games in the Europa League.

I think both of them are good enough to provide the X factor our team currently lacks, but that as they are kids, we can't rely on them to do it week in and week out.

NinjaFletch

I could easily see us getting more the way Ole plays
Conventional wisdom would say you're right (although there's not as much correlation here as you would assume), but the 12 we were awarded last season is the (joint) second highest in premier League history and nobody has ever been given more than 13. It would be pretty unlikely for that number to stay the same, even with a more attacking brand of football.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
:lol: how do Everton spend so much?
Our net spend this summer is only 20m. We've spent 80m total so far but received 60m for players we have sold so we still have room to negotiate.

EDIT: Also, we don't want two wingers. Just one. I assume if there is no room to negotiate with Palace anymore we are moving onto other targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.